Update MySQL 5.1 to latest 5.6 version (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi.
    Tried new Build from today on a clean install with downloading MySQL via deploy tool. Got the same error importing Schedules, Channels and settings from previous 1.3 Server... :cry: So no way to use it as I don't have time and patience to rescan and regroup all channels. Getting back all schedules is another NoGo this way...
    View attachment 127939

I'll have to change back to MySQL 5.5 and TV Server 1.3 as I need TV Server up and running...

Too bad, can you supply log and or the xml you try to restore ?
    Just to be sure to understand (all installation went fine right ?) and it's only when you want to import setting that it failed ?
    This branch, should upgrade 5.1 to 5.6 with db (that mean no need to export/import something from setuptv) -> i will call it -> First Part.
    Now if first part went fine, this is something else that create the import to failed.

I will try to reproduce (i didn't really test import/export function from setuptv, i have work with backup/restore whole db with MySQL tools), but please log or something else (like file to import) can help and maybe the issue is not related to MySQL but with 1.4 one :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Yes, Installation went well. But if I try to import attached export.xml (generated with MP 1.3 final TV Server Configuration program) I've got this error. The file is importing quite well if I try to import it in MP 1.3 Final...

BTW, this is something that happend with 1.4 Testbuild from May 1th also, so it seems not related to MySQL 5.6.I will report this in the 1.4 testbuild post also..

Attachments

• export.xml
      844.2 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    The import/export function has been changed, i think it was in 1.4 from @michael_t so we surely have a regression here :)
    Thanks.

Yes it's in 1.4 : Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/origin/FEAT-4277-TvSetup_Import_Export'

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi.
    Yes, Installation went well. But if I try to import attached export.xml (generated with MP 1.3 final TV Server Configuration program) I've got this error. The file is importing quite well if I try to import it in MP 1.3 Final...

BTW, this is something that happend with 1.4 Testbuild from May 1th also, so it seems not related to MySQL 5.6.I will report this in the 1.4 testbuild post also..

Try attached bin :) it should solve it :)

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Will try it, but not today or tomorrow. As for today the Server is needed to record and tomorrow I'm not at home the whole day.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Tried it now. Import is working now. But all default TV Server Plugins are marked as incompatible, all 3rd party plugins are marked as compatible:
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

Just replacing setuptv.exe back with the original and all plugins are compatible again...
    Zwischenablage-3.jpg

So for now I need this version to import settings and then change back to original for normal use... Doable but not nice.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep, i made the bin but surely the version check is playing with us :)
    I can create a new bin where all should be compatible :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hope this one will be ok :

Attachments

• Mantis_4432_SetupTv.exe.zip
      550.4 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Sorry, did not do it. Same as with previous version, all included plugins are shown as incompatible.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I think i need to build a full version then :)

Here it's ok all is compatible, so build only setuptv is not enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom