Update .NET framework? (1 Viewer)

Juppe

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Sweden Sweden
Country flag
Just wondering if there are any plans on update to a new version of the .NET framework?

The reason for asking is that I'm thinking of developing a plugin with help of a NuGet package that are in developed with .NET standard 2.X

And as I understand MP needs to be using the same or newer versiin of the framewaork.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Country flag
    There are plans for an update, but I don't think it will be fast as long as the Media Portal is working according to the .Net 4.0 standards.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Country flag
    hum, new .net is not retro compatible ?
    I dont know, my native language Pascal :) But if the plugins are built under 4.0 and the Media Portal will be built under 4.+, will the plugins be able to use the libraries with the new version of .Net?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    France France
    Country flag
    I dont know, my native language Pascal :) But if the plugins are built under 4.0 and the Media Portal will be built under 4.+, will the plugins be able to use the libraries with the new version of .Net?
    for me yes, need to be testedon proper branch. for example taglib is on .net 4.5 so can't be used in MP easily.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    plugins can still use the old .net version, that is not related to the main program.
    You still have to make sure to have all the relevant .net versions installed on your system.
    Does anyone have an overview of the .net versions of the different parts? (Main program, configuration, installer, mpe1 etc)
    You have to ask yourself what you are going to gain with targeting a newer .net framework. as far as I know there isn't a really compelling reason to do that as long as those versions are still under support

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    France France
    Country flag
    Does anyone have an overview of the .net versions of the different parts? (Main program, configuration, installer, mpe1 etc)
    for now we use .net 4.0 for all main project, but as all use Core project in part, changing this create problem.
    what i don't understand is the fact to need to have nuget package with proper .net version, this was not easy to have .net 4.7 file version compatible with .net 3.5 ??? :(
    but for now, need to migrate to VS2019 and after maybe move to next .net @Juppe what is your wanted version of .net ( and maybe help us to upgrade ;))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    ajs Mediaportal update to .Net 4.6.2+ MediaPortal 1 13
    A MediaPortal crash (and restart) on LiveTV after Windows Update (Sep 2020) driver update for Intel HD Graphics 4600 General Support 0
    M.Hulot After Update 1.25 internal blu-ray-player doesn't work General Support 8
    M.Hulot Interner Blu-ray-Player spielt nach Update auf 1.25 keine Discs mehr ab Allgemeines Supportforum 2
    E retaining Watch Status when updating? Newcomers Forum 1
    G Update von MediaPortal Installationsprobleme? 0
    morpheus_xx [Evaluate] Update to VS 2019? MediaPortal 2 4
    Golf4 Nach Windows-Updates läuft TV-Plugin nicht mehr Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    B MPEM update list never completes. General Support 0
    JJDoherty Updated DTT frequencies for Ireland... Submit: EPG-Grabbers and tuningdetails 1
    Dark Eyes Updated to Windows 10, now TVServer won't work Installation, configuration support 1
    R [solved] Files moved to new location - Easy way to update database? My TVSeries 7
    M.Hulot Moving Pictures lässt sich nach Windows-Update nicht mehr öffnen Plugins & Erweiterungen 1
    R Files moved to different location - Easy way to update database? Moving Pictures 2
    k12158 [solved] Kein direkter Wechsel von TV-Kanal zu TV-Kanal mehr nach Update? Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 16
    Mr6686 [solved] Titan skin broken since update to 1.23 Installation, configuration support 6
    B TV-Server Auto-Update mptvdb after x hours General Support 0
    Terra LAVFilter Plugin cannot be updated (MP1.23) MediaPortal 1 Plugins 10
    TLD Windows 10 1903 feature update General Support 3
    azzuro [WiP] 5043: Update MP1 to VisualStudio 2019 MediaPortal 1 138
    A Problem Windows 10 64 bit prof. Update auf Version 1903(gelöst) Installationsprobleme? 0
    T No TV after updating Windows 10 to latest Version 1903 / OS build 18362.175 (logs attached) General Support 2
    M [solved] Updated Swedish translation for MP 1.24 Submit: Localization of MediaPortal and DeployTool 0
    framug 1.22.0 BasicHome Editor settings for DefaultWide HD skin not kept when update 1.22 3
    Neoculture Bulk file name update My TVSeries 6