Update .NET framework? (1 Viewer)

Juppe

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Just wondering if there are any plans on update to a new version of the .NET framework?

The reason for asking is that I'm thinking of developing a plugin with help of a NuGet package that are in developed with .NET standard 2.X

And as I understand MP needs to be using the same or newer versiin of the framewaork.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    There are plans for an update, but I don't think it will be fast as long as the Media Portal is working according to the .Net 4.0 standards.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    hum, new .net is not retro compatible ?
    I dont know, my native language Pascal :) But if the plugins are built under 4.0 and the Media Portal will be built under 4.+, will the plugins be able to use the libraries with the new version of .Net?

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    I dont know, my native language Pascal :) But if the plugins are built under 4.0 and the Media Portal will be built under 4.+, will the plugins be able to use the libraries with the new version of .Net?
    for me yes, need to be testedon proper branch. for example taglib is on .net 4.5 so can't be used in MP easily.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    plugins can still use the old .net version, that is not related to the main program.
    You still have to make sure to have all the relevant .net versions installed on your system.
    Does anyone have an overview of the .net versions of the different parts? (Main program, configuration, installer, mpe1 etc)
    You have to ask yourself what you are going to gain with targeting a newer .net framework. as far as I know there isn't a really compelling reason to do that as long as those versions are still under support

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Does anyone have an overview of the .net versions of the different parts? (Main program, configuration, installer, mpe1 etc)
    for now we use .net 4.0 for all main project, but as all use Core project in part, changing this create problem.
    what i don't understand is the fact to need to have nuget package with proper .net version, this was not easy to have .net 4.7 file version compatible with .net 3.5 ??? :(
    but for now, need to migrate to VS2019 and after maybe move to next .net @Juppe what is your wanted version of .net ( and maybe help us to upgrade ;))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom