UPDATED, 03-02-2012: MOD by powermarcel10: Cover templates and more.. (1 Viewer)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: UPDATED, 03-02-2012: MOD by powermarcel10: Cover templates and more..

Hello!
    Yep.. I spotted the problem. Go to references.xml in the StreamedMP folder and search for the
    <description>default thumbnail panel</description> part. Delete the <unfocusedAlpha>100</unfocusedAlpha> (or set it to 255!) in this part and the thumbs won't have any transparency.

If you don't wanna have the transparency only in the TVSeries banner view you can add <unfocusedAlpha>255</unfocusedAlpha> in the TVSeries.facade.xml there.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Dont need to modify XMLs to do that, just go to Skin settings in GUI and change from Misc section. This changes it globally, ofc if you only want it for a specific XML then yes you need to add it yourself.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: UPDATED, 03-02-2012: MOD by powermarcel10: Cover templates and more..

Hello!
    Yep.. I spotted the problem. Go to references.xml in the StreamedMP folder and search for the
    <description>default thumbnail panel</description> part. Delete the <unfocusedAlpha>100</unfocusedAlpha> (or set it to 255!) in this part and the thumbs won't have any transparency.

If you don't wanna have the transparency only in the TVSeries banner view you can add <unfocusedAlpha>255</unfocusedAlpha> in the TVSeries.facade.xml there.

Thanks Holzi!!! Awesome.. It's looking so much better now.. Really like it.. :) I think that this was the only thing I didn't try yet.. :p:p

I'm learning fast with help of people like you.. Thanks a lot for that..

Dont need to modify XMLs to do that, just go to Skin settings in GUI and change from Misc section. This changes it globally, ofc if you only want it for a specific XML then yes you need to add it yourself.

Thanks for the tip ltfearme..

Kevin Connell

Portal Member
    July 27, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hello!

Thank you for this mod. I have been trying to track something like this down for a loooong time. You have done a wonderful job.

I have a question for you about your mod.

When displaying dvd/blu-rays in coverflow, is it possible to get your mod to show all of the dvd/blu-rays (not just the one that is currently selected) in their appropriate cases. I have seen this in XBMC and your mod is the closest that I can find. It would be wonderful if, instead of having a standard case fitted to all non-selected media, they could all appear in coverflow in their blu-ray/dvd cases.

Is there any way that this could be done?

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks again :)

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Kevin, with the current coverflow setup, you only have a choice to display 2 frames and that is what we did in the MOD, ie display the correct DVD cover for the selected movie and a generic one for the rest of the movies in the background.

Kevin Connell

Portal Member
    July 27, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thank you for such a replying so quickly. This forum has to be one of the best out there ;)

Yes, I understand what you mean.

Maybe one day.

Thanks again.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello. This update is the most recent are at the moment?

This looks really great and I have to try the same tonight.

(Translate at Google)

Yeah I'm sory.. I'm using Avallonis for a while now, but will add covers to that skin as well.. Almost done now.. You can find a link to my MODs for that skin in my signature..

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi powermarcel,

I've nearly completed a version of this mod for myvideos (MP 1.3 only). As I've used your templates in the mod I thought I should ask if you're OK with me posting it when it's finished?

Thanks for the work you've done on this.

All the best,

Mick

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi powermarcel,

I've nearly completed a version of this mod for myvideos (MP 1.3 only). As I've used your templates in the mod I thought I should ask if you're OK with me posting it when it's finished?

Thanks for the work you've done on this.

All the best,

Mick

Hi Mick,

offcourse! Mediaportal is opensource, so upload what ever you want! I will add it to my topicstrt.

many thanks.

Best regards,

Marcel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom