[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.5.4 (4 Viewers)

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    You can manage the user accounts in the configuration program that came with the service now (MPExtended Configuration in start menu)
    ahh i see, so Ampdroid and Webmedia goes hand in hand

Last edited:

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    You can manage the user accounts in the configuration program that came with the service now (MPExtended Configuration in start menu)
    ahh i see, so Ampdroid and Webmedia goes hand in hand

Well, no not WebMediaPortal... MPE Configuration Tool allows you to create accounts. The accounts can be used for ANY client, aMPdroid, WebMediaPortal or CouchPotato (once it gets up to MPE as it still uses GMA)

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

That's the error you get when the 32-bit option is wrong ;) See this for a description where you can find that setting.

Photo browsing isn't supported yet.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

You can manage the user accounts in the configuration program that came with the service now (MPExtended Configuration in start menu).

Are you sure that you've enabled 32-bit applications in your application pool?

You are right. That was the Problem. Now it Works Fine.

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    hi Oxan, this looks like a fantastic update - well done.

on my setup though it is recognising every single file as 1080p even when its not the case. then when i try to stream i get the video not found error. could you have a look at my logs and let me know what you think?
    thanks again for the great extension

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Any option to change the soundtrack?
    I guess WebMP takes the first track but i need the 2nd one :D

Last edited:

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country

on my setup though it is recognising every single file as 1080p even when its not the case. then when i try to stream i get the video not found error. could you have a look at my logs and let me know what you think?

UPDATE - please ignore above.
    Sorry Oxan - I've been a clown on installing the new version. My error was to completely uninstall existing files, then reinstalling both MPextended service and MPwebextended, but forgetting to make sure that the services are running from an account that isnt the local account. A quick trip to services.msc sorted this one out. Sorry for false alarm - hope this helps someone else out there facing the same issue.

Again congratulations on this update.

Cant stress how far the app has come since 0.4.3. Really good stuff. Many thanks - a donation will be finding its way to you soon

Last edited:

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

UPDATE - please ignore above.
    Sorry Oxan - I've been a clown on installing the new version. My error was to completely uninstall existing files, then reinstalling both MPextended service and MPwebextended, but forgetting to make sure that the services are running from an account that isnt the local account. A quick trip to services.msc sorted this one out. Sorry for false alarm - and again congratulations on this update.

Cant stress how far the app has come since 0.4.3. Really good stuff. Many thanks - a donation will be finding its way to you soon
    You don't need to set this on services.msc anymore, you can just set a user in the MPExtended config...

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Separate question - is the streaming timeout after 40 mins or so from version 0.4.3 fixed in the latest version?

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Oxan,

Many THX for this new version. Installed yesterday evening and tested @home ( LAN ). So Direct / HTTP / Flash streaming are working ( TV and Recording ).
    Today i tried to connect via Internet to my server. I can login, stream via Flash ... but no Direct Streaming for TV is possible. I have set to With Proxy, but the stream does not start. Same Client works if i´m connected via LAN and also works if i choose Flash. So i think its not a firewall problem. What i´m wonder is that the Recordings with the same settings are working over Internet. Only Live TV does not work

Please check the Log

Attachments

• test.zip
      61.3 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom