[Updated 14 Jul!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.5.4 (1 Viewer)

gurabli

Portal Pro
July 20, 2010
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
I'm trying to configure WebMediaPortal to be accessible over WAN (Internet) and not just the local network.
From localhost it runs very nice.

Could you please help me on this?
I run it on Win7, I have no-ip configured for that machine.
But if enter address.no-ip.org:8080 to the browser it doesn't connects. I also forwarded the port on my router and tried port 9090, nothing.

How can I do this?

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Does your Win7 machine have a static IP (or a DHCP supplied IP that's always the same)? Are you sure you've set up the port forward correctly (8080 -> Win7IP:8080)? Try to ping your no-ip hostname, make sure it resolves to the external IP you are currently on

gurabli

Portal Pro
    July 20, 2010
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    It has a static IP on the home network.

I tried to ping the no-ip address but 100% loss. I guess the problem will be with my ddwrt router? Any ideas what else should I forward or enable?
    The port forwarding is configured correctly.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    log to no-ip.com and refresh your hosts/redirects or download their no-ip DUC to auto update in background

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What router is it? Some are just bad at port forwarding, like my old BT Home Hub 3. Does the machine have a static IP on both the router and the machine's network adapter itself?

FordGT90Concept

Portal Member
    June 5, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    No more updates for this? Specifically, some suggestions:
    1) Music: don't show artists that have no albums. Better yet, only show album artists and not all artists. Albums where there are multiple artists end up with each artist getting its own "album" but when you click on it, there is no album and thus, no music.
    2) FM radio support?
    3) Picture support?

Overall, I'm very pleased with it.

GGruene

June 13, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I tried to setup your software, but I fail. I attach the log files. When I try to test the connections, I am asked to provide authentication. Can you please let me know authentication here is required?
    Thanks,
    Guido

Attachments

• MPExtended.zip
      7.1 KB

FordGT90Concept

Portal Member
    June 5, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    It is asking for the user credentials that are configured in MPextended. The default (which you should make a new one and delete) is admin with password admin. If that doesn't work, there's a configuration issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom