[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSurf

Portal Pro
November 27, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: [Updated 30 Dec!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.1

To be honest, I prefer one with a horizontal EPG. It can be implemented quite easily though, so if an developer is interested...

Thanks,
i have some web programming experience, maybe i'll give it a try to implement a vertical view
Great! You can find the code in WWW/Views/Television/TVGuide.cshtml.[/QUOTE]

Hi Oxan i already made some progress with the vertical view, but to make it really useful it seems i need to modify the controller/model part of the application. Is there an easy way to do that ? Do i need Visual Studio ? Actually i want to get the TVGuide for a full day instead of only 4 hours.

How can i set the webserver to output more useful error messages ? I only get a generic error page without details when i do something wrong in the cshtml. Sometimes it fails even when adding plain html tags so it would be helpful what the server is complaining about.

Im more a php and java j2ee guy and did not work with asp.net before, so it needs some time for me to get into it.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Re: [Updated 30 Dec!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.1

Hi Oxan i already made some progress with the vertical view, but to make it really useful it seems i need to modify the controller/model part of the application. Is there an easy way to do that ? Do i need Visual Studio ? Actually i want to get the TVGuide for a full day instead of only 4 hours.
    Yes, you'll indeed need Visual Studio for that. You have to recompile WebMediaPortal with an updated controller that returns the TV guide for a whole day (and probably also change it a bit for the changes in navigation).

How can i set the webserver to output more useful error messages ? I only get a generic error page without details when i do something wrong in the cshtml. Sometimes it fails even when adding plain html tags so it would be helpful what the server is complaining about.
    When you are requesting from localhost it should already give detailed error messages. If you also want detailed error messages when connecting from a remote host, you have to apply this change to your web.config file.

brourke

January 19, 2012
    Re: [Updated 30 Dec!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.1

Hello,
    I just finished installing this and just want to say thanks for making this great program!

I was just wondering if there is anyway easy way to get the urls to different channels/transcoder settings as with MPWebStream. I was using them to generate .m3u files to watch tv from xbmc on xbox.

emerich

Portal Member
    January 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Re: AW: [Updated 30 Dec!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.1

Sorry not possible, because log off is also inactive. If I stop the service and the Extended Web and start again the things do not change!

br. Christian

Uh, wtf? Have you tried clicking the log off link in the right top? What happens then? Or doesn't that link appear (in which case, please post a screenshot).

Hi,
    I attached two screenshots. Picture 1 shows the loginscreen, hich is working fine and I can log in!
    The second Picturre shows the next screen fter I logged in. In this page I can access onle the video link, all other links are inactive. So no change of the cursor if I go over the link and no reaction if i click on the link. lso the logout button is inactive.:eek:

Many thanks for your effort.:D

br. Christian

Attachments

• picture 1.JPG
      picture 1.JPG
      249.6 KB
    • picture 2.JPG
      picture 2.JPG
      223.9 KB

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England

Hi Oxan.

Any way of tweaking og optimizing the Streaming/Transcoding in any way? - Especially Flash perfomance seems low, due to high CPU usage.

I know you already have more streaming profiles in thoughts - But is there a more effective way of doing transcoding?

Only 1 of the streaming options seems to work for me - Flash LQ - Reason - Medium CPU usage ~60-70% and low Bandwidth requirement ~1 Mbit

Both Direct & Flash HQ seems to have too high demands, either on bandwidth or CPU usage

I'm running on Intel I3 2100T (T is the power 35 watt edition) with Wireless G-network - WAN is 30/3 Mbit

A little benchmark results from my setup:

Direct - Required bandwidth of 10 Mbit/s - Although low CPU usage under 5%, only possible with WLAN N-Adapter/Router, or Wired LAN connection - Wan streaming not possible.

Flash HQ - Required bandwidth of 1,6-2,0 Mbit/s - Very High CPU usage ~90-100% - Possible to stream through WAN and WLAN

On HD Channels(MPEG4), Flash performance seems a bit better when comparing Bandwidth demand - Only around ~1 Mbit/s - But CPU usage is still ~50% on LQ and 95% on HQ.

/Morten

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hello,
    I just finished installing this and just want to say thanks for making this great program!

I was just wondering if there is anyway easy way to get the urls to different channels/transcoder settings as with MPWebStream. I was using them to generate .m3u files to watch tv from xbmc on xbox.
    We will add m3u support, probably in 0.5.

Ji,
    I attached two screenshots. Picture 1 shows the loginscreen, hich is working fine and I can log in!
    The second Picturre shows the next screen fter I logged in. In this page I can access onle the video link, all other links are inactive. So no change of the cursor if I go over the link and no reaction if i click on the link. lso the logout button is inactive.:eek:

Many thanks for your effort.:D

br. Christian
    That's a really strange issue. It's probably a browser issue as when the links appear they should work. Can you try it with Chrome or Firefox?

Hi Oxan.

Any way of tweaking og optimizing the Streaming/Transcoding in any way? - Especially Flash perfomance seems low, due to high CPU usage.

I know you already have more streaming profiles in thoughts - But is there a more effective way of doing transcoding?
    No. Transncoding at high quality just requires lots of CPU, and there really isn't much we can do about that. x264 (the encoder we use) is already one of the most efficient encoders in the world. The only thing we can do about it is tuning it's settings (they are already on a set that doesn't require much), or lower the resolution and bitrate (worse image quality). I can add an profile with lower settings for 0.4.2 but I don't really expect a significant improvement.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England

No. Transncoding at high quality just requires lots of CPU, and there really isn't much we can do about that. x264 (the encoder we use) is already one of the most efficient encoders in the world. The only thing we can do about it is tuning it's settings (they are already on a set that doesn't require much), or lower the resolution and bitrate (worse image quality). I can add an profile with lower settings for 0.4.2 but I don't really expect a significant improvement.

OK - then it all comes to the profiles

I actually think, that flash LQ is a quite good picture quality.

So I suggest to have 1 or 2 profiles with lower quality to minimize the cpu usage

Ex. 544 x 576 or 704 x 576 with 2 different bitrates(1 mbit/s and 2 mbit)

Any way to set this manually in Webmediaportal - Could be nice with an advanced setting option, where transcodig parameters could be choosen within dropdown menu (resolution, bit rate, codec, soumd quality).

P.S When will next release be available? Any teasers? :)

Thanks

/Morten

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

OK - then it all comes to the profiles

I actually think, that flash LQ is a quite good picture quality.

So I suggest to have 1 or 2 profiles with lower quality to minimize the cpu usage

Ex. 544 x 576 or 704 x 576 with 2 different bitrates(1 mbit/s and 2 mbit)
    Yeah, I'll add those and one with an higher quality too, might someone want it.

Any way to set this manually in Webmediaportal - Could be nice with an advanced setting option, where transcodig parameters could be choosen within dropdown menu (resolution, bit rate, codec, soumd quality).
    Unfortunately that's not really possible as certain combinations of resolution and bitrate don't work (crash VLC/ffmpeg or give a black image) and I haven't found a pattern in them yet.
    P.S When will next release be available? Any teasers? :)
    Probably Sunday.

macklcat

Portal Member
    January 23, 2012
    AW: [Updated 30 Dec!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.1

When will next release be available? You say probably Sunday?

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Updated 30 Dec!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.1

When will next release be available? You say probably Sunday?

I think this will be come soon. But there are two Issues for the next release. I think it will be released if these Issues are fixed.

https://github.com//MPExtended/issues?milestone=5&sort=created&direction=desc&state=open

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom