[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lodale

Portal Pro
April 9, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
Re: [Updated 30 Dec!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.1

Hi
See that the github issues are taken away, hopefully wating for an update so that I can access my live tv over the internett.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry guys, took a little bit longer then expected but it's here now.

MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.2

I have just released version 0.4.2 with these changes:
    • Support streaming to outside the LAN
    • Stop timeshiftings sooner when navigating away from live TV
    • Make version number visible in logs, errors and on settings page
    • Add option to enable VLC deinterlacing by default
    • Hide menu items with no available databases
    • Show error details when connecting from a remote host
    • Allow external access without prior configuration of domain names
    • Fix IIS version to work with plain IIS installation
    • Fix loading TV guide with programs with empty titles
    • Fix connecting to remote services with authentication
    • Fix crash on homepage when moving pictures or TV series is unavailable
    • Fix timeouts on client-only or server-only installations

Click here to download the regular edition. The version for the IIS webserver got its own page and is available here now.

Due to different needs of different people, starting with this version WebMediaPortal supports two streaming modes: "Direct" and "Proxied". The "Direct" streaming mode works great on the local network, but doesn't work over the internet. An additional disadvantage is that there is a small delay before timeshiftings are stopped. The "Proxied" streaming mode works always and stops timeshiftings instant, but it's performance is slightly worse. You usually shouldn't notice this, but on older servers this might cause problems. You can change the streaming mode on the settings tab in WebMediaPortal.

If you have any problems with this new version, please export your logs and configuration from the tray application that came with the service and attach them to a new thread. This helps us keep the forum clean and usable, and avoids your problems to get lost in this huge thread. See the startpost for links to documentation and more help on troubleshooting.

Also, I'd like to point out that we've added a donate option for MPExtended. As we also have to pay rent and food, donating allows us to spend more time on the project. This also benefits you: we will be delivering new features and bugfixes even faster.

Thanks to everyone for using MPExtended and the great feedback and bugreports.

lodale

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi
    Installed both mpextender and webportal on my server, can connect from WAN, but missing the menu (tvchanels and so on), only get welcome. Tried settings proxied but nothing happens. The same problem is on LAN

Suggestions?

Hi:)
    Got it working now. Had to uninstall mpextender 041 before I installed 042, then I got live tv streams over the internet.

Can you imploy a transcoder option for 400kbs (1Mbs is to fast for me, my upload is a bit to slow, not able to get anything faster from my ISP :mad:)

MP extender is for me the best plugin for MediaPortal ;)

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [Updated 24 Jan!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.2

I have a few problems with the new Version.

My Configuration

I have installed the Service and the WebMediaPortal on the Server (192.168.0.20) and the Client (192.168.0.26)

I can't see the Music, TvSeries and Movingpictures Section. Maybe is related by the Service URL Settings. It is a little bit weird. So I think if I open the Webmediaportal over the adress 192.168.0.20 (Server) I must change only the Client service Url to the Client PC 192.168.0.26. Is that right ? Because on the Client were the Database for Music Videos etc.

So I must add the username and the password to the URL. But which password ? The password for the User account from windows ? Or the Username from Mpextended. I think I have tested bought but it don't works.

Another question, I had seen a line in the log about Wifiremote 0.5. But I think 0.6 is the actually version of Wifiremote. Downloads - wifiremote - A MediaPortal plugin to send and receive remote commands via TCP/IP - Google Project Hosting
    Did I understand it right that my 0.6 version is replaced with the 0.5 version ?

:D

macklcat

Portal Member
    January 23, 2012

Is MPExtended and WEBMediaPortal only in english or where you can set the language to german?

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: [Updated 24 Jan!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.2

Sorry guys, took a little bit longer then expected but it's here now.

MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.2

I have just released version 0.4.2 with these changes:
    • Support streaming to outside the LAN
    • Stop timeshiftings sooner when navigating away from live TV
    • Make version number visible in logs, errors and on settings page
    • Add option to enable VLC deinterlacing by default
    • Hide menu items with no available databases
    • Show error details when connecting from a remote host
    • Allow external access without prior configuration of domain names
    • Fix IIS version to work with plain IIS installation
    • Fix loading TV guide with programs with empty titles
    • Fix connecting to remote services with authentication
    • Fix crash on homepage when moving pictures or TV series is unavailable
    • Fix timeouts on client-only or server-only installations

Click here to download.

Due to different needs of different people, starting with this version WebMediaPortal supports two streaming modes: "Direct" and "Proxied". The "Direct" streaming mode works great on the local network, but doesn't work over the internet. An additional disadvantage is that there is a small delay before timeshiftings are stopped. The "Proxied" streaming mode works always and stops timeshiftings instant, but it's performance is slightly worse. You usually shouldn't notice this, but on older servers this might cause problems. You can change the streaming mode on the settings tab in WebMediaPortal.

If you have any problems with this new version, please export your logs and configuration from the tray application that came with the service and attach them to a new thread. This helps us keep the forum clean and usable, and avoids your problems to get lost in this huge thread. See the startpost for links to documentation and more help on troubleshooting.

Also, I'd like to point out that we've added a donate option for MPExtended. As we also have to pay rent and food, donating allows us to spend more time on the project. This also benefits you: we will be delivering new features and bugfixes even faster.

Thanks to everyone for using MPExtended and the great feedback and bugreports.

Thanks for the work, but is there any installation guide, which covers the use of WHS 2011 ?
    IIRC WHS 2011 offers IIS. Not sure if this is Express, but can i use this for this purpose ?

/Daniel

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you imploy a transcoder option for 400kbs (1Mbs is to fast for me, my upload is a bit to slow, not able to get anything faster from my ISP :mad:)
    If I don't forget it again (already wanted to do it for 0.4.2) it'll be available in the next release.

Sad to hear that you've so many problems with MPExtended, it's not really the user experience I want...

I can't see the Music, TvSeries and Movingpictures Section. Maybe is related by the Service URL Settings. It is a little bit weird. So I think if I open the Webmediaportal over the adress 192.168.0.20 (Server) I must change only the Client service Url to the Client PC 192.168.0.26. Is that right ? Because on the Client were the Database for Music Videos etc.
    Yes.

So I must add the username and the password to the URL. But which password ? The password for the User account from windows ? Or the Username from Mpextended. I think I have tested bought but it don't works.
    The username/password from MPExtended. With the default configuration it'll be auto://admin:admin@192.168.0.26:4322/. With 0.5 this whole settings page will be made much easier but unfortunately you've to deal with it right now.

Another question, I had seen a line in the log about Wifiremote 0.5. But I think 0.6 is the actually version of Wifiremote. Downloads - wifiremote - A MediaPortal plugin to send and receive remote commands via TCP/IP - Google Project Hosting
    Did I understand it right that my 0.6 version is replaced with the 0.5 version ?
    The installer installs the last offical released version on MPEI (that's 0.5 at this moment), but only if there is no newer version already installed. So if you have 0.6 already installed it won't replace it with 0.5 but just do nothing instead.

Is MPExtended and WEBMediaPortal only in english or where you can set the language to german?
    At the moment it's only available in English, sorry.

Thanks for the work, but is there any installation guide, which covers the use of WHS 2011 ?
    IIRC WHS 2011 offers IIS. Not sure if this is Express, but can i use this for this purpose ?

/Daniel
    Sorry, there is no installation guide specific for use on WHS 2011. You can probably just use the standard installation guide, but it won't use the built-in IIS then. I don't know anything about WHS personally, so I'm afraid I can't help you.

JSurf

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Oxan,

just wanted to tell you that i made some progress with the vertical TV Guide. It is already working but still a bit ugly...

I had a little struggle to get WebMediaPortal complied in Visual Web Studio Express (The free version of Visual Studio, since i will not buy or use the pro version), but now its working and i'm able to compile and change everything. I have just created a fork on github where i will checkin my changes (as soon as i understand how to use git and github, i'm an svn guy...) so you can merge them back in your project if you like the stuff i have done.

I also implemented a dropdown box to jump to a day in the future directly

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: [Updated 24 Jan!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.2

Sad to hear that you've so many problems with MPExtended, it's not really the user experience I want...

Okay now I had a solution for the main problems. I did a new fresh install of the Service and WebMediaportal. Now the most thinks works, now.

ServerPC:

On my ServerPC (it has installed the Mediaportal Client, too) works the most stuff. Only Music section don't work, and I get this Error "Some kind of disk I/O error occurred disk I/O error"

The Client and Service URL is setting to default, because it should use this from the Mediaportal Client on the ServerPC

ClientPC:

-Music: I see the Artists > I see the albums > I see the tracks > click on a track shows this error Fehler beim Lesen aus der Pipe: Die Pipe wurde beendet.

-MovingPictures: I see the movies > Play Button open the FlashPlayer >I get this error message : Video not found or access denied...

-TvSeries: the same that happened with MovingPictures

TvGuide: I don't see the TV Logos, but streaming works

Shedules: works

Recordings: works, I can watch the recordings. The Movie that don't work in MovingPictures Section works in this section.

There are two logs attached. From the Client and the ServerPC

So I hope you can help me with this problems.

Attachments

• Client.zip
      140.9 KB
    • ServerPC.zip
      131.9 KB

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Obviously my post yesterday didn't make it acros the internets. So rinse & repeat:

Thank you for MPExtended & WebMediaPortal, it is a great way step forward for MP. I initially wanted MP Extended for EVE, but I see the great benefits of WebMP as well. A few questions / improvement ideas are there:

WebMP
    1. Streaming to iDevices, is it on the roadmap?
    2. Streaming, is it possible to have skip steps or ffwd or even (if I may be so bold) comskip integration (chapters)?
    3. Streaming of TV in WebMP, is it on the schedule?
    4. Shutdown / Standby from WebMP
    5. See Active Recordings / see what the cards are doing (iPiMP)
    6. Music Album View?
    7. Maybe increase the buttons in size a bit, make them more thumb friendly.
    8. Music Artists: I guess it shows all Artists and then filters to Album Artist to show Albums, that fails quite a few times as I have a lot of Artists for whom I don't have a whole album (compilations). They don't show, so I get an empty Album list for an artist. Could you either show the Albums by participating Artist (not Album Artist) or only show Artists that appear as AlbumArtist?

Thanks again for some great work!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom