[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emerich

Portal Member
January 26, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
Re: MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4

It currently assumes that IIS Express is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\IIS Express. If you can wait a few days I'll release a fixed version.

:D:D:D:D

best regards Christian

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4

Feature Request:

Playlist function in the Music Tab
So you can add Songs to a new or existing Playlist and play them in Mediaportal. Because creating a Playlist in Mediaportal GUI is not very easy, at this time. So if you can create the Playlist with this WEbinterface it would be very nice.

Search function for all Tabs ( Music, Recordings, Movies etc.)

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
February 4, 2009
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany

There are many applications which allow creating playlists much easier than any web application ever could. The idea is to allow consuming content and not creating it ;)

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4

There are many applications which allow creating playlists much easier than any web application ever could. The idea is to allow consuming content and not creating it ;)

Okay this is right, but I din't found a good application to create a Playlist, if your Music is stored on the ServerPC.

Mp3Tag

Loading all my Music Files on the ServerPc tooks a long time, but I don't wait 10 minutes to create a Playlist

Winamp

In Winamp I have stored my Local Music and so I can't use the Music on the ServerPC

Do you have an idea with application is good for this situation ?

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hello,

very nice project.. I have a connection now, so that's fine.. I'm testing the server and Webmediaportal on my HTPC now..

Is it right that When I press; "play" on a movie I get the message in the image bellow? cause streaming is still not working yet? Any idea when it will be supported? That would be the ultimate feature if this software! :)

Good luck!

Attachments

• Naamloos.jpg
      Naamloos.jpg
      471.8 KB

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I'll release 0.4.1 (with fixed streaming support) tomorrow.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Hi there,

Nice plugin (well, I call it plugin, but the MPExtended combined with WebMediaPortal are quite a lot more than just a plugin!).

I have been playing with this over the last few hours and I am really impressed. I have toyed with installing 4TR (with limited success), and my main driver for trying 4TR is the web-EPG interface, so this plugin came at just the right time for me.

From my experience, I have the following comments to make (some of which are experienced by others too). I understand that this is a beta version, so please ignore my comments if they are not useful, or if they are already on the todo list.

1) Port 8080 wasn't correctly enabled in the firewall during the installation so I had to manually configure it. I actually had another web service running on 8080 on my server, so I had to change this other system port number, it might be worth asking the user what port they want to use during the install so that it can be changed if required.

2) I am currently not able to play any media from another PC on the network (I think this is because it is not enabled on version 0.4, am I correct?).

3) I presume that this system will allow a, Apple Mac to play the media using VLC?

4) Would it be possible for the WebMediaPortal to stop the MP server from going into Standby when a webpage is being viewed by a computer (and when media is being streamed by this plugin)?

5) It would be brilliant if you could right click on the TV Programmes in the EPG and select to views/record once/record weekly etc. Clearly this is something for much later, but it would be really nice.

6) An EPG search function would be great!

7) The Wiki for this plugin: Installation Guide - MediaPortal Wiki still shows that the WebMediaPortal installer is not released, so this might be worth adding a hyperlink to the download now that it is released.

8) It would be really useful to be able to delete recordings from the WebMediaPortal so you can use this brilliant user interface to manage the stored recordings.

9) I run a client/server setup, but my server has also got the MP client software installed. Am I correct in thinking that in this setup, there is no benefit in installing the MPExtended plugin on the client?

10) In the MPExtended configuration, the Start/Stop service button did not seem to work for me (let me know if you need logs for this problem).

11) Would it be possible to use the web interface to command a client to play the selected media (so basically using the WebMediaPortal plugin as a very easy to use remote control)?

Like I say, these are just a few things that have come to mind while I have used it. I really think this plugin is brilliant, so thanks for all the hard work.

Cheers

Robbo100

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback! It's highly appreciated.

1. Yeah, the port will be made easily configurable in a next version. In the meantime, in 0.4.1 there is a new configuration file (C:\ProgramData\MPExtended\WebMediaPortalHosting.xml) where you can change the port, but there is no user interface for it yet.
    2. Well, it's not disabled, I just forgot to include a file in the installer. That's fixed with 0.4.1.
    3. Yes.
    4. Good point. This would probably need an extension for the PowerScheduler. I'll look into it in due time (created feature request #98 for this).
    5. Yeah, I already thought about this. Unfortunately my JavaScript skills aren't really good enough to do fancy things like this - we can really use the help of a client side developer here!
    6. Good idea, created feature request #99 for this.
    7. Fixed.
    8. Good idea, but I'm not really sure if this is technically possible. I'll look into it.
    9. Correct.
    10. Fixed in 0.4.1.
    11. Not yet. Maybe it'll be a added in the distant future, but I'd like to focus on other features first.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: [Updated 30 Dec!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4

MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.1

I just released 0.4.1 with these changes:
    • Show movie ratings
    • Fix play button
    • Make port configurable (no userinterface yet, see C:\ProgramData\MPExtended\WebMediaPortalHosting.xml)
    • Add a download link for movies, episodes and recordings
    • Highlight current program in the TV guide
    • Support IIS Express in non-default location of localized variants
    • Fixed loading of huge lists of movies
    • Fix crash in TV guide because of invalid default group
    • Added IIS Edition, see wiki for documentation.
    Please note that you will lose your settings on upgrade. This has been resolved for all future updates.

Thanks a lot for all your feedback.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom