[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoelShit

Portal Pro
November 6, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I also can´t wait. WHS2011 Users are still waiting ;)

What's in it for the WHS2011 users? I've got it working pretty smooth and without problems on my WHS2011 machine...

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've been incredibly busy lately, which didn't leave much time for MPExtended unfortunately :(

Ken4000

Portal Member
    September 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have manually installed the MPExtended Web on the installed IIS in Windows 7 and have the site up and running (I think).

But what user should I use to login with?
    I have tried my Windows user and the one setup on the server client in WiiRemote...

Ken4000

Portal Member
    September 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Okay, if anybody have the same problem, I found that the default login is:
    User: admin
    Password: admin
    Then under the Settings menu, you can create accounts...

Ken4000

Portal Member
    September 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Couldn't MPExtended use another method to convert the media it streams. FFMPEG are using 100% cpu on the server for one client! I have 5 clients and they are doing nothing. Can I configure MPExtended to just stream and let the client decide if it should be converted? That way, the server will not be overloaded and I can use all 5 clients?

Thanks for now...

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Use the Direct streaming profile that way nothing is converted. If you think another conversion method is better, go ahead and implement it. It isn't as easy as you think.

Jelmo

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since i´m using WHS. I can´t change Settings to the profile. No Logs possible. So which file should i edit to set the streaming profile and so on ?

Ken4000

Portal Member
    September 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Use the Direct streaming profile that way nothing is converted. If you think another conversion method is better, go ahead and implement it. It isn't as easy as you think.
    I'm NOT saying you are doing a bad job at all by using FFMPEG. I know FFMPEG are working on using GPU for converting...

I'm actually a IT-engineer specializing in communications technologies and certified in .NET and JAVA, so I CAN actually develop it. But right now I'm working on a Squeezebox plugin for MP and I'm looking into making MP running as a shell.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom