[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

insan3

Portal Member
May 25, 2009
Yes. I fixed it. I had to install asp.net MVC 3.

However when using my dedicated webserver i still can't save any settings. IIS_IUSRS has all rights to WebMediaPortal.xml. When i manually edit this file i can set the settings. But using the webinterface it doesn't safe anything.

cbnidk

Portal Member
April 1, 2006
Hi

I have install MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3 and every thing is working I only don't have a link to http://192.168.1.15:8080/MovieLibrary
MovieLibray on the home page the tab movies is missing
I have tried everthing how can I edit this page by hand?

if I goes to the http://192.168.1.15:8080/MovieLibrary I can see my movies

The other problem I have is that I can't stream music to my Htc
with ampdroid on, I can only play it on the pc from my HTC

mediaportal is runing on a windows 7 64 bit singleseat, fresh install

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes. I fixed it. I had to install asp.net MVC 3.

However when using my dedicated webserver i still can't save any settings. IIS_IUSRS has all rights to WebMediaPortal.xml. When i manually edit this file i can set the settings. But using the webinterface it doesn't safe anything.
    See the separate thread about this problem. Does IIS have write access to C:\Windows\Temp? Please post your logs otherwise.

Hi

I have install MPExtended WebMediaPortal 0.4.3 and every thing is working I only don't have a link to http://192.168.1.15:8080/MovieLibrary
    MovieLibray on the home page the tab movies is missing
    I have tried everthing how can I edit this page by hand?

if I goes to the http://192.168.1.15:8080/MovieLibrary I can see my movies

The other problem I have is that I can't stream music to my Htc
    with ampdroid on, I can only play it on the pc from my HTC

mediaportal is runing on a windows 7 64 bit singleseat, fresh install
    Please open a thread with your logs.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    For some reason deinterlacing doesn't work for me in the VLC player. I have it enabled by default in the WebMediaPortal settings but above the VLC video there is an "enable deinterlacing" button that does nothing when I click on it. It looks like the video is being deinterlaced using "bob" since there's no combing but logos jump up and down. I'd prefer to use YADIF 2x deinterlacing if this is possible?

I'm using Waterfox (Firefox x64) with the latest VLC x64 plugin by the way.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For some reason deinterlacing doesn't work for me in the VLC player. I have it enabled by default in the WebMediaPortal settings but above the VLC video there is an "enable deinterlacing" button that does nothing when I click on it. It looks like the video is being deinterlaced using "bob" since there's no combing but logos jump up and down. I'd prefer to use YADIF 2x deinterlacing if this is possible?

I'm using Waterfox (Firefox x64) with the latest VLC x64 plugin by the way.
    If you have enabled it by default in the settings, the button does nothing indeed. The used deinterlace mode is linear. You should be able to change it yourself in C:\Program Files (x86)\MPExtended\WebMediaPortal\www\Views\Stream\VLCPlayer.cshtml, where you can replace "linear" with "yadif2x". I'm a bit hesitant to change the default though, as I've experienced quite some performance problems with Yadif 2x. Of course it would be the best if it was a setting, but that's some work for which I don't have time (patches welcome!).

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Ah, thanks for that tip. Just made that change and watching HDTV in Direct mode is perfect over LAN. 2% CPU usage on my MediaPortal TV-Server and 6% CPU usage on the client. If only my parents had a decent internet connection, I could watch HDTV and most of my HD videos at home in Direct mode without losing quality! Unfortunately my server's CPU isn't powerful enough for Flash HQ. Flash LQ works fine though.

Small suggestion: it'd be nice if pressing ESC exited full-screen video, like in most media players. :)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    I'm having trouble playing streams over the internet. My HTPC has 15-20 Mbps upload and my work PC has up to 100 Mbps download (depends what time of day, right now I can get ~20 Mbps). However, I cannot seem to stream even an SD channel (~3 Mbps) in Direct mode without it stopping to buffer every few seconds. Looking at the Resource Monitor on both machines, I can't see any breaks in the CPU or network utilisation during the freeze/buffer periods.

Another thing I notice is that downloading a file from the HTPC via MPExtended only runs at 2-3.5 Mbps. Is there any reason why MPExtended wouldn't be utilising the available bandwidth fully?

Will posting logs help with analysing the problem? If so, which one(s)?

nogetmedx

Portal Member
    October 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

I am having trouble streaming anything from anywhere with this plugin.

I have installede the IIS Express, MPExtended service (server) and WebMediaPortal...

When trying to configure Service setting (on settings tab), i get this error "failed to access service" i tried every possible combination, including the one mentioned below.

I have attached my logs.

I hope somebody can help me.

/nicki

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Yesterday a buddy of mine wanted to test to watch TV and streaming, he ended up trying to watch the soccergame last night (I'm trying to get him to buy a PC and start using MediaPortal with all the cool stuff).
    He says that streaming stopped every 30 minutes, all he had to do was start it again and things ran just fine.

In the logfiles the "problem" should be logged at date: 2012:03:28 from about 19:40 or something, logfiles attached.
    Yeah we already found and fixed that issue (timeout after ~40 mins)...

It will work fine in the next 0.5 release, if you want to fix it right now you can go to:

c:\Program Files (x86)\MPExtended\Service, open MPExtended.ServiceHosts.CoreService.exe.config

then find 2x:

<binding name="streaming" sendTimeout="00:40:00" openTimeout="00:01:00" receiveTimeout="00:30:00" closeTimeout="00:01:00" transferMode="StreamedResponse">
    <readerQuotas maxArrayLength="2147483647" maxStringContentLength="2147483647"/>
    </binding>

and change it to:

<binding name="streaming" sendTimeout="10:00:00" openTimeout="00:01:00" receiveTimeout="00:30:00" closeTimeout="00:01:00" transferMode="StreamedResponse">
    <readerQuotas maxArrayLength="2147483647" maxStringContentLength="2147483647"/>
    </binding>

Restart the service and it should work...

i changed the lines but now i am not able to connect with Ampdroid to my server, i see an endless loading circle
    The only things i did was changing the lines and restarting the server.

After another restart it worked

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom