Updated grabber for dagenstv.com in Sweden (1 Viewer)

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It's a pain to update grabber files because of all the bugs in WebEPG :(

Here's a new grabber file that does work but it'll give you over 9000 errors in error.log because of https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/webepg-136/template-end-does-not-work-52846/. WebEPG tries to grab information outside the start and end tag where there's no program information anyway so the TVGuide.xml should be correctly populated.

I've tested it just for a few minutes but it looks OK so far.

xmats

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Seems to work when I run it, I notice that the same show seems to cause an error in the log over and over again, is there somethign wierd about some of the data that it parses ?

Anyway, the new file produces a working EPG for me (and about 5+2 mb of logs and errors).

Tobbe666

Portal Member
    February 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have found one problem with the EPG
    every program at 20.00 show on every channel is efter 10 tv4,10:05.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I noticed that too. The problem is that WebEPG grabs programs outside the Template End tag :mad:

I tried some other values for start and end and it works much better but still not perfect for channels like Canal+ Sport Extra :(

hassegubben

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2006
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Swedb

Sorry guys! I just can't live with all the changes (=missing guides) that this grabber (for dagenstv) introduce. Since it came to my knowledge that all commercial grabber sources (like dagens tv) make changes to their WEB code just to prevent unauthorized grabbers from reading guide data, I searched for a reliable alternative. Swedb collect their guide data from the "real" source legitimately and was created to support guide data reliably for programs like Mediaportal, GBPVR, Mythtv etc.
    I guess it has some limitations, but if anyone (like me) threatens to be killed by his wife because of intermittent function of a grabber, try tv.swedb.se - Hem and rely on XMLTV. :)

To all of you trying to keep the grabber for dagenstv alive - I do hope you will succeed and I will for sure revert to dagenstv and the grabber when things become more stable. Alternatives are good and I'm sure the grabber for dagens tv has some unique features as well. I'm sorry for contributing "the wrong way" but this is a way of contributing to better knowledge of why the grabbers fail.

Would it be possible to sign an agreement with DagensTV to rightfully grab their guide data and perhaps in return provide a link to their home page so they know people will see all ads? That may improve on the situation??!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom