Updated grabber for dagenstv.com in Sweden (1 Viewer)

Tobbe666

Portal Member
February 11, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Sorry guys! I just can't live with all the changes (=missing guides) that this grabber (for dagenstv) introduce. Since it came to my knowledge that all commercial grabber sources (like dagens tv) make changes to their WEB code just to prevent unauthorized grabbers from reading guide data, I searched for a reliable alternative. Swedb collect their guide data from the "real" source legitimately and was created to support guide data reliably for programs like Mediaportal, GBPVR, Mythtv etc.
I guess it has some limitations, but if anyone (like me) threatens to be killed by his wife because of intermittent function of a grabber, try tv.swedb.se - Hem and rely on XMLTV. :)

To all of you trying to keep the grabber for dagenstv alive - I do hope you will succeed and I will for sure revert to dagenstv and the grabber when things become more stable. Alternatives are good and I'm sure the grabber for dagens tv has some unique features as well. I'm sorry for contributing "the wrong way" but this is a way of contributing to better knowledge of why the grabbers fail.

Would it be possible to sign an agreement with DagensTV to rightfully grab their guide data and perhaps in return provide a link to their home page so they know people will see all ads? That may improve on the situation??!!

I know the feeling!!

But WebEPG is the easiest EPG program that is out there right now i looked at swedb.se but it looks to complicated to get it up and running.

hassegubben

Portal Pro
November 25, 2006
Uppsala
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
swedb

This thread should be about dagenstv, so I will only make a VERY short help on how to set up XMLTV, as some of you have problems with dagenstv.
1. Follow the instructions for Windows (it is very easy): tv.swedb.se - Att hämta data
2. Open notepad (Anteckningar) and write (or copy/paste): xmltv.exe tv_grab_se_swedb > tvguide.xml
3. Save the notepad file as GetGuideData.bat in the same folder as xmltv.exe.
4. Open Windows scheduler and set up a schedule when to run and select to run the GetGuideData.bat.
Don't forget to set the path to tvguide.xml in the TV-server.

It's as simple as that. It was faster than configuring WEBEPG. Not as pretty though, but it was intuitive and fast!

If anyone knows how to set "number of days to get guide data for" for XMLTV, please let me know.

I saw in another thread that it was suggested that WEBEPG could read the data from swedb. That would have been great! Has anyone added a feature request?

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Small update. Found another way to write the template so that it doesn't match any code outside the End tag. This means that WebEPG now can grab without errors :)

Attachments

• www_dagenstv_com.xml
      30.6 KB

sintei

Portal Member
    December 13, 2007
    Vuego: Does this mean that even if dagens_tv change their template again, webepg will still work without "patching" the .xml again?

öbus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 9, 2007
    Vuego.

Could you please provide the siteid for Swedish Discowery World,BBC Knowledge,History Channel HD and Animal Planet HD?
    Thanks in advance.
    Öbus:oops:

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yea sorry about the strange channel names. It's there to be compatible with C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\WebEPG\channels\channels.xml I guess but perhaps they should be renamed...

Discovery World is know as civilisation@discovery.com.
    BBC Knowledge, History Channel HD and Animal Planet HD is not available at Dagenstv.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom