Updated grabber for dagenstv.com in Sweden (2 Viewers)

Seeco

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Linköping
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Sorry for asking something that is maybe obvious, but how do you exactly use the .xml file in this thread? Long ago setting up the EPG was easy, but then something happened and suddenly I couldn't get complete info from any of the sites in WebEPG. I guess it happened with the migration to TV Server instead of the integrated TV. Is there a tutorial for this, and where does the dagens TV xml file go? Why does there seem to be a 100 different ways of administering the EPG (With different plugins, grabbers etc etc)?

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    goran: That's correct. The dagenstv xml file that comes with MP 1.0.1 is 14 months old(!). I was trying to get the MP developers to update the file here but they seem to hesitate until they know it's been well tested. You can help by explaining the situation in that thread and request an update.

Seeco: Here's a guide for Com Hem users. Might help you too :)

Seeco

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Vuego: Thanks alot for that link, I followed the guide and it worked like a charm! :) Am I right to think that I can now use the WebEPG grabber plugin that comes with MP to update the tv-guide every day? No drawbacks with that?

One thing is strange though. The guide said to set the timezone compensation to -2 when we're under daylight savings in Sweden. I tried that, but it set the tv-guide four hours too far ahead. I then tried setting it to (+)2 instead which worked perfectly! Maybe Linköping is another timezone than the rest of Sweden? :)

I do have a bit of trouble with a few channels though. For some reason I never get any EPG for Discovery Channel, despite finding it in Webepg-conf. It has been like that before and it still is. Neither can I find the Viasat Nature/Crime/Playboy channel or Deutsche Welle under Dagens-tv in WebEPG-conf. Neither of these channels are very important for me (well, Discovery is), but the EPG would look a lot better without any gaps in it.

djcad

Portal Member
    November 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Vuego: Thanks alot for that link, I followed the guide and it worked like a charm! :) Am I right to think that I can now use the WebEPG grabber plugin that comes with MP to update the tv-guide every day? No drawbacks with that?

One thing is strange though. The guide said to set the timezone compensation to -2 when we're under daylight savings in Sweden. I tried that, but it set the tv-guide four hours too far ahead. I then tried setting it to (+)2 instead which worked perfectly! Maybe Linköping is another timezone than the rest of Sweden? :)

I do have a bit of trouble with a few channels though. For some reason I never get any EPG for Discovery Channel, despite finding it in Webepg-conf. It has been like that before and it still is. Neither can I find the Viasat Nature/Crime/Playboy channel or Deutsche Welle under Dagens-tv in WebEPG-conf. Neither of these channels are very important for me (well, Discovery is), but the EPG would look a lot better without any gaps in it.

I got the same problem with timezone compensation, gonna test +2 again and see.
    Hopefully it will work

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Am I right to think that I can now use the WebEPG grabber plugin that comes with MP to update the tv-guide every day? No drawbacks with that?
    Sure you can update it every day.

I haven't really used the xmltv plugin of the TV-Server for a long time so I think you're right. Somewhere MP probably updated either WebEPG or the xmltv plugin. I'll update the guide.

I do have a bit of trouble with a few channels though. For some reason I never get any EPG for Discovery Channel, despite finding it in Webepg-conf.
    Make sure it's mapped correctly in the TV-Server xmltv plugin. Com Hem named this channel "Disc. Channel" instead of "Discovery Channel" for some reason. If that's not the problem, try opening TVGuide.xml in notepad and see if Discovery Channel is really there. Also check out the log files after running WebEPG.exe.

Neither can I find the Viasat Nature/Crime/Playboy channel or Deutsche Welle under Dagens-tv in WebEPG-conf.
    Viasat Nature/Crime is called action@viasat.se. Playboy is playboytv.co.uk and Deutsche Welle is not available at Dagenstv.com :)

Seeco

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Linköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    vuego: Thank you! :) That sorted the Viasat Nature/Crime channel out, it seems that these namings are never very intuitive.

About my problem with the Discovery Channel: I checked my tvguide.xml and all the info is really there, so webEPG seems to do its job. Somehow I think that this is a problem with the descriptions of Discovery Channel not matching between tvguide.xml, WebEPG and the XmlTV plugin. I remember that this was a fix for a similar problem where you had to edit the channel label at some instance for it to match with other. Here's how the channel is described in the three different places:

In tvguide.xml:

<channel id="Discovery (S)-discovery@discovery.com">
    <display-name>Discovery (S)</display-name>
    </channel>

<programme start="20090424081500 +0200" channel="Discovery (S)-discovery@discovery.com">
    <title>Extrem ingenjörskonst</title>
    <desc>Oakland Bay-bron. Den 3,5 km långa och jordbävningssäkra vägen kommer att ersätta USA:s mest trafikerade bro och länka samman San Francisco med Oakland och East Bay. Del 5.</desc>
    <episode-num>5</episode-num>
    </programme>

In WebEPG:

EPG name: Discovery (S)
    Channel Name: Discovery
    Channel ID: discovery@discovery.com

In XmlTV plugin:
    Tuning Channel: Discovery (S)
    Guide Channel: Discovery (S) (Discovery (S)-discovery@discovery.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom