Updated iMON (Soundgraph) LCD Driver (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iSP

Portal Pro
January 2, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I found a way that works for me again and again:

when: new 2.3 install + latest plugin = fail
then: deinstall 2.3, install 2.2, install 2.3 again, add the plugin from the first post as it won't crash, make at least 1 change to the settings, get the latest one and replace the old one, now it should work whatever settings you fill in.

No idea what's causing it but at least I found a fix again, on winxp mce I didn't get this problem, it's just vista x64.
Will test the latest plugin later this night and see if that one works right away without those steps.

cybrmage

Portal Pro
May 30, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Here is the latest version of the iMON plugin...

Fixed: initialization logic
Fixed: unsafe proceedures removed
Fixed: display off (or clock display) on standy/hibernate
Added: Icon control for music/dvd/video

source and compiled DLL are included.

iSP

Portal Pro
January 2, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
The latest version seems to work without crashing down the external plugin at all :)
Not much to add except for the rotating cd icon, which I already did.
Nice to see the plugin is this close to be finished, as in, all parts working.

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I can not get this latest version to work. I can configure it, but MP is crashing at startup on "Starting plug-ins".
I am running 0.2.3.0 RC1.

ralphy

Portal Pro
June 15, 2007
Home Country
I can not get this latest version to work. I can configure it, but MP is crashing at startup on "Starting plug-ins".
I am running 0.2.3.0 RC1.

I had the same problem and needed to load/update DirectX. I am also not sure if the accented characters are in this build - cybrmage was going to check.

cybrmage

Portal Pro
May 30, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Here is the updated plugin...

Added: disk icons to display the status of the CD/DVD drive when not playing media
fixed: updated font to the latest updated version
removed: default audio settings display (removed dependance on latest DirectX)

I have not yet found any functions which expose the currently playing audio stream format... so the audio status icons are out for now...

What other functionality is needed/desired??

darkaz

Portal Member
December 26, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
Thanks for the updates CybrMage

I'll pull down this latest version and have a play

I did try some tweaks on the weekend for contrast and the like - but seem to get little if any change on the display :(

I think there's a potential issue which I'm getting with my antec version of the soundgraph (either that or noone else has pointed it out) - the icons around the edges are appearing in a nice bright blue against black but the text in the 96 x 16 pixel area are still shoing as a brighter blue for the text on a duller blue for all "off" pixels - anyone else come across this?

It seems that even a basic initialization of the LCD (I temporarily disabled the whole SendText function to disable any sending of text) turns the whole grid on at a dull illumination.

Is there a way I can trace the calls sent to the display by the antec software? - in the hope that we can figure something else out with this?

I have not yet found any functions which expose the currently playing audio stream format...

might be easiest to implement this within the DoWork() function contained in ExternalDisplay.cs ?

what properties are set for the g_Player object? for example .IsMusic will let us know that we're dealing with a music file - but is there a way of determining the filetype? (even using filenames?)... _currentSong.FileName perhaps?

I've only had a quick look at it all - but hopefully this can help a bit :)

iSP

Portal Pro
January 2, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
This version let's mediaportal crash down again, at least it closes itself without an error screen.
Can't get into the configuration menu as that will too crash down but with error screen.
Will try a clean setup once again and see if I can get it to work the old way.

[edit]
After deinstalling 2.3, installing 2.2, deinstalling 2.2, reinstalling 2.3 Plus plugin + .dll it works once again.
Stil makes me wonder if it's some reg setting that makes it crash mp with every new version.
Nobody else experiencing this?
[/edit]

ralphy

Portal Pro
June 15, 2007
Home Country
I think there's a potential issue which I'm getting with my antec version of the soundgraph (either that or noone else has pointed it out) - the icons around the edges are appearing in a nice bright blue against black but the text in the 96 x 16 pixel area are still shoing as a brighter blue for the text on a duller blue for all "off" pixels - anyone else come across this?
I do experience something similar, but doesn't seem as bad as your's sounds

Is there a way I can trace the calls sent to the display by the antec software? - in the hope that we can figure something else out with this?
This post might help

might be easiest to implement this within the DoWork() function contained in ExternalDisplay.cs ?
A possible advantage of doing it in DoWork() is that each display driver would just need to supply the appropriate methods to display a given set of icons, should the display support icons.

cybrmage

Portal Pro
May 30, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada

Yep.. I have the same problem... It appears to be due to the way the display is designed (Inverse STN LCD with very poor quality polarizers). The display contrast is abismal... but you might be able to correct it with some polarizing film (not cheap).

what properties are set for the g_Player object? for example .IsMusic will let us know that we're dealing with a music file - but is there a way of determining the filetype? (even using filenames?)... _currentSong.FileName perhaps?

That's how I'm gathering information now. But g_player is a proxy interface to either the internal media player or an external media player... it does not expose underlying media details )such as number of audio channels, or MPEG Profile, or video resolution)... i'm going through the entire MP source looking fr appropriate interfaces, but no luck so far.

This version let's mediaportal crash down again, at least it closes itself without an error screen.
Can't get into the configuration menu as that will too crash down but with error screen.
Will try a clean setup once again and see if I can get it to work the old way.

Can you look in the log files to see what, if any, errors are generated and you post them so we can investigate?

A possible advantage of doing it in DoWork() is that each display driver would just need to supply the appropriate methods to display a given set of icons, should the display support icons.

Having the work done in the DoWork() function would be ok, butyou still need MP functions that expose the information.... 8-}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom