Updated iMON (Soundgraph) LCD Driver (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Isn't the graphical version of iMON driver limited to one row display only?

Can you btw release just the imon plug-in here? I don't feel like installing the complete SVN since I am so satisfied with the version I have now. My g/f gets so pissed on me all the time for installing new versions and that nothing is working as she is used to :)

cybrmage

Portal Pro
May 30, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
no... the LCD driver does 2x16 text... just don't select "force graphical text"..

I've attached the compiled processplugin.dll for your convenience... it's for 0.2.3... If you need it for 0.2.2 you'll have to wait for someone else to post it... I don't have the source for 0.2.2.

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks cybrmage!
Unfortunately I only get unhandled exception when I try to configure and the display is not working.
I am using 0.2.3 RC1 (dont know which SVN).

ralphy

Portal Pro
June 15, 2007
Home Country
Swedish Characters Updated

Thanks cybrmage!
Unfortunately I only get unhandled exception when I try to configure and the display is not working.
I am using 0.2.3 RC1 (dont know which SVN).

The new driver set excludes iMONLCD, so you need to either (1) delete externaldisplay.xml and rerun config, or (2) edit the second line in externaldisplay.xml and change iMonLCD to iMONLCDg.

Thanks cybrmage and Joe for their changes. It's good to see the collaborate work, but causes havok trying to keep up to date.

The attachments have fixed (I hope, but cannot guarantee) the non-english characters and used the last source in the SVN store. The 8x5 bitmap has some limitations, but hopefully they are ok, if not, they can be changed easily.

They are for MP 2.2, and MP 2.3 RC1, and source code for the driver is attached for loading to the SVN.

If you do not want the clock to display in shutdown, check the backlight box in config.

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Thanks to all programmers for making this possible!

I get åäö and I can now change contrast. :)

However I don't get it to turn off or show time in standby.
I have tried either have Backlight checked or unchecked, but no difference.

It is however working if i exits MP.

Is it possible for turn off with MP running when going to standby?
It was when using imon frontview and MCEdisplay plug-in.

iSP

Portal Pro
January 2, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
The new plugin keeps crashing for me, just like the old one.
It seems every time I update the driver I have to uninstal mp 2.3, install 2.2 to overwrite all the settings in the register, uninstall it and install 2.3 again... at least this worked last time.
And yes it's that exception error... it only happens to this plugin, not to the rest of mp, which runs fine.
Any clue what it is? Might just stick to 2.2 if I get it working right this time.

2.2 keeps crashing now too, can't get either of them, even an older version of the plugin, working anymore :(

The error I get:

Zie het einde van dit bericht voor meer informatie over het aanroepen
van JIT-foutopsporing (Just In Time) in plaats van dit dialoogvenster.

************** Tekst van uitzondering **************
System.NullReferenceException: De objectverwijzing is niet op een exemplaar van een object ingesteld.
bij ProcessPlugins.ExternalDisplay.SetupForm.VerifyLCDType()
bij ProcessPlugins.ExternalDisplay.SetupForm..ctor()
bij ProcessPlugins.ExternalDisplay.ExternalDisplay.ShowPlugin()
bij MediaPortal.Configuration.Sections.PluginsNew.itemConfigure_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bij System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladen assembly's **************
*cut*

Got the version from the start post working again, but as soo nas I overwrite ProcessPlugins.dll with the latest one I get this error again...

Again a edit,sigh... after like an hour of installing mp/uninstalling mp/enabling the plugin/disabling it again, I got it working.
Totally randomly, and I can't tell what fixed it this time.
It's exactly what happened to me last time, took me many hours of trying and then suddenly it worked.

Well the contrast does seem to work, but only for the text, not the backlight I want to dimm, asI want blue on black and not blue on darker blue.
No icons light up yet, but that's not the most important thing for now.
What I do wonder is why do I get this error every time I overwrite the dll with a newer one, nad why can't I just get it to work by a reinstall of mp? this is absolutely crazy and doesn't make an ysense at all.
Might it be I'm running a x64 version of vista?

Johan

Portal Pro
April 19, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Maybe you made the same mistake as I did?
Forgot to delete the old externaldisplay.xml?

JoeDalton

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 27, 2004
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    ralphy:
    I committed your new version to SVN.

Can you also please check the following:
    The declaration of the iMONLCD_SendData method is now as follows:
    Code:
    public static extern unsafe bool iMONLCD_SendData(Int64* bitMap);
    can you try to update it like this:
    Code:
    public static extern bool iMONLCD_SendData(ref ulong bitMap);
    next relace all Int64 with ulong and change the SendData method as follows:
    Code:
    private void SendData(ulong data)
    {
      iMONLCD_SendData(ref data);
      Thread.Sleep(_delay);
    }

Maybe you'll need to add a few casts here and there, but then the driver should still work without any unsafe code.

To get some of the icons working you can check the SetLines method of the ScaleoEV driver for a hint on how to determine what their status should be.

cybrmage

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    JoeDalton: Wow... pretty quick with the SVN commits....

I have a new version almost ready... I found a logic error in the initialization code, added icon control and shutdown on power mode change.

I'm testing the SendData changes you suggested now... i'll report back soon...

Update: Yes, the changes to SendData work correctly and eliminate the unsafe method... but please don't commit the changes... I have a series of changes to correct some logic errors in the initialization code and additional code for icon control... I'll have them ready later today...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom