Updated iMON (Soundgraph) LCD Driver (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried to cature the log file.
    It is quite large in a few seconds.

Unfortunately there is no reference to any power state. Did you actually try to shut down while the log was on? Anyway, there is by far too much data generated with extensive logging, hence switch it back off and post your standard log files instead while you try to put the PC into standby/hibernate.

You seem to be the only one who ever had this kind of problem. The hardware combination is not unusual but drivers may play a role. May I suggest that you update your profile to describe your hardware (see Control Panel). You should also indicate what kind of imon driver and hardware version (visible in the imon driver settings). There have been all kinds of weird things reportd in this thread depending on the combination of imon firmware and driver software.

Regards, Johannes

mrbert

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Rotterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Johannes
    I guess most of my hardware is below.
    This is in my profile bt for som reason I see all info in any message I write.
    I will need to go in detail to find all version If I have a clue of which parts you are interested.
    But I am not near the PC now:confused: I will answer from What I know by hart and which files I downloded.

The OS is vista ultimate SP1
    I have the latest Imon software
    I have the MP V1.0 RC2
    CybrDisplayPlugin_05_08_2008.zip
    I have media portal ShortCuter_plugin.rar
    And a shoutcast plugin.
    also
    iMON_7_20_0502.zip but that might be updated last week to current version.

I sure pushed the power button. I saw it appear in Imon on the TV screen
    So somewhere between there en MP tjere is the bottleneck.
    And As I only have the problem with CybrDisplayPlugin_05_08_2008 enabled. I suspect that the problem is there

Anyway thanks a lot for taking time to look after it

TV-Server Version: None
    MediaPortal Version: V1.0RC2
    MediaPortal Skin: standard
    Windows Version: vista
    CPU Type: AMD 4850
    HDD: 750 GIG WB green
    Memory: 4gig
    Motherboard: gigabyte 780 mATX
    Video Card: on board 3200
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card: on board
    Sound Card AC3: SPDIF out
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card:
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec: coreavc
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: antec fusion
    Cooling: scyte ninja mini
    Power Supply: antec
    Remote: harmony one
    TV: toshiba
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Johannes
    I guess most of my hardware is below.
    This is in my profile bt for som reason I see all info in any message I write.
    No, you have not yet added it to your individual system specifications. Once you've done it, there is a drop down "My System" arrow at the left side of your postings (see mine for example). The details in the reply text are generated automatically, I always delete it to save space.

I have the latest Imon software
    Which one is this? It may appear funny but the latest on the Soundgraph webpage is 7.20. The latest with automatic update is 7.40 and the recommended one is 6.20! I repeat, the driver version is important and you may have to test different ones. The 6.20 is reported to work in many environments while the 7.20 is creating issues for some people, though not for all. Therefore you may want to set "never update" to prevent sudden version changes. It is also important to understand that your firmware version has an influence. you have not yet posted it. Firmware version can be seen when you open the iMon control panel (I believe under "version").

I sure pushed the power button. I saw it appear in Imon on the TV screen
    How did you see it with MP running? Did you have MP running in window mode? Anyway Frontview should be deactivated.

You also did not say what remote you are using (there is also an entry in the system specification page for this). The Power button needs to be mapped correctly in the imon remote settings. How did you configure it in the Windows and Program pages?

And As I only have the problem with CybrDisplayPlugin_05_08_2008 enabled. I suspect that the problem is there
    Most likely, but it works for a lot of Antec users, hence I would be optimistic that this can be resolved!

Looking forward to a full log posting,
    Johannes

mrbert

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Rotterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Sourcer,

I did enter my system spec and they get automatically inserted in my reply As you can see below.
    I do not know why the forum behaves this way. I just appears:confused:
    I just verfied in the USER CP page and my system details are there.

I entered the specs right when I joined the forum.
    I will need to add more info when I am home.

I have the latest updated IMON driver. 7.40
    and I am using a harmony one with MCE presets.

I could see it running in windowed mode and in dual screen mode with a 2nd screen attached.

I think I wrote a message last week I got it working.
    I copied the imon dll to the MP folder and suddenly the power swich worked;)

Only other this I see now that sometimes the display suddenly gets black and does not swith on again:(

Greets

TV-Server Version: None
    MediaPortal Version: V1.0RC2
    MediaPortal Skin: standard
    Windows Version: vista
    CPU Type: AMD 4850
    HDD: 750 GIG WB green
    Memory: 4gig
    Motherboard: gigabyte 780 mATX
    Video Card: on board 3200
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card: on board
    Sound Card AC3: SPDIF out
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card:
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec: coreavc
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: antec fusion
    Cooling: scyte ninja mini
    Power Supply: antec
    Remote: harmony one
    TV: toshiba
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

kirill_mmm

Portal Pro
    July 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi everybody!

I made the custom font with Russian characters, but my LCD display doesnt show them. How can I make display to show my custom characters? Thanx.

mrbert

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Rotterdam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It works OK for most of the time now for about a week.
    I just get the display switched off now and then and it will not switch on again:(
    Any way to fix this?
    Even a hotkey might be OK now I have to grab my keyboard and mouse, shutdown MP and start it again:confused:
    there must be a better way to solve this?

balu0325

Portal Member
    March 2, 2008
    Miskolc
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi everyone,

I have bought a Thermaltake case with imon LCD. When I used to mp 0.2.3 it worked perfekt. But now I use mp 1.0.0 RC2 and the LCD is works but its very-very slow. It has a 20-25s delay.

May somebody help me?
    Log attached.
    THX:

Balu

Ps.: And I use CybrDisplay External Status Plugin

metagrobolis

Portal Member
    March 7, 2008
    I've just finished a build around the new Antec Micro Fusion Remote 350 case. The integrated iMon LCD does get discovered using the LCD2 type in the config. Cybrdisplay is able to drive the display perfectly under MP RC2, but the oft reported problem with the remote getting disabled seems to be back. Here are the details:

MP RC2 on Vista 32, iMON Manager ver 7.40.0806, Firmware ver 0x3801012 (LCD HID OEM), Cybrdisplay 05_08_2008.

I'm using an MCE remote to drive MP via iMON. With Cybrdisplay disabled, the remote works perfectly. With it enabled, the remote fails to work in MP at all. Checking the frontview enable/launch options in the plugin config has the effect of blanking the LCD once MP is launched ... still with no remote.

Any thoughts? Hoping for a quick fix/workaround.

kirill_mmm

Portal Pro
    July 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    I have bought a Thermaltake case with imon LCD. When I used to mp 0.2.3 it worked perfekt. But now I use mp 1.0.0 RC2 and the LCD is works but its very-very slow. It has a 20-25s delay.

I've had the same problem with it - in my case, the solving was to set log level to Error

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom