Updated iMON (Soundgraph) LCD Driver (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

balu0325

Portal Member
March 2, 2008
Miskolc
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
I have tried it, but the problem is still the same. The LCD has ca. 25s delay.

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    I think I wrote a message last week I got it working.
    I copied the imon dll to the MP folder and suddenly the power swich worked;)

Only other this I see now that sometimes the display suddenly gets black and does not swith on again:(

If things changed when you copied the file to your MP folder then something is not right. Do you have the "use V3 DLL" option checked in plugin configuration? Maybe post some logs.

I'm using an MCE remote to drive MP via iMON. With Cybrdisplay disabled, the remote works perfectly. With it enabled, the remote fails to work in MP at all. Checking the frontview enable/launch options in the plugin config has the effect of blanking the LCD once MP is launched ... still with no remote.

Any thoughts? Hoping for a quick fix/workaround.

After starting MP, go to windowed mode (ALT Enter) and check how frontview is set in iMON Manager. It should be set to "always". If it set to "always" try setting it to "never" (apply) and then "always" again.

Try turning on "Force Manager to use KeyBoard mode for iMON PAD"

Try turning on "Delay driver startup" (and wait a good 20 seconds after MP starts up to see if remote / display are working).

waskol

Portal Pro
    October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello here,
    I am a newcomer to MP.
    I owe an Antec Micro Fusion 350 case with an integrated imon LCD.

I met the same problem to some of view : while cyberdisplay is enabled, no more remote.

You are lucky, I found a working configuration, but the plugin must be slightly modified (i did not find anything in order to parametrise it the way it need to be).

Let me explain shortly : if you start MP windowed and go into iMon manager and look at the Frontview settings, it comes to be disabled (set on "Never"). I just need to enabled it back (set to "always", and... tada !
    No need to say that it is disabled each time cyberdisplay is enabled, no matter you set imon manager frontview in "Automatic" mode or "Always" mode : as soon you restart MP, it is disabled. This does not occur when the plugin is disabled...

I need to precise that I drive my HTPC with a logitech Harmony 555 set up as an MCE remote, and I have set up a MCE profile in imon manager for MP.

I use the ShortCutter Plugin (for MyTV, My Music, etc... shortcuts that are relayed by my iMon manager profile), Caps Lock enabled in order to make the number keys of the remote working.

I have installed latest 7.40 imon manager (without imedian).

I resume again : Cyberdisplay should not (if it does) turn of the frontview !

For Cyberdisplay config :
    - I left everything unchecked on the main setup window
    - in the "Advanced" Window :
    autodetect
    delay driver... checked
    the five following checkboxes : unchecked
    monitor powerstateevent : checked (I do not why i did it... so it has nothing to see with our remote problem)

I just have to precise that the remote is still working (i.e. : Frontview not disabled) with the ExternalDisplay plugin (but it is not as nice as Cyberdisplay).

Thank you very very much if if you provide an update or tell me wich parameter I missed.
    Just that, and I will be the happiest in this world !

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Hello here,

Cybrdisplay has to disable frontview to be able to control the display. Otherwise you get both frontview and cybrdisplay both sending messages.

Turn on the options to "ensure antec/imon is running before driver start" and "force manager to use keyboard mode"

waskol

Portal Pro
    October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello here,

Cybrdisplay has to disable frontview to be able to control the display. Otherwise you get both frontview and cybrdisplay both sending messages.

Turn on the options to "ensure antec/imon is running before driver start" and "force manager to use keyboard mode"

I just followed your advice and guess what ? As soon as Cyberdisplay takes contol over iMon manger, no more remote !
    Then, I turned it back on "Automatic", I worked again.
    But, where you are right, is that I have tried a music file with and without the Frontview activated : there is a conflict when frontview is activated (it looks like a christmas tree all around the equalizer).
    Damned ! It really seems that the IR needs the frontview to work !
    May be it could be necessary to develop a specific plugin (or an imon manager replacement) then , but I hardly imagine the amount of work it represent.

Thank you for the time you spend with us. I appreciate a lot.

May be that the option "force manager to use keyboard mode" is the clue then, since it seems inoperant ?

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    You could try IR Server Suite which is a replacement for several well know remote drivers. I could never get that to work though with the iMON remote, but you should have much better luck with an MCE remote, as that was what IR Server Suite was originally developed for. This would leave you with IR Server Suite running your MCE remote, and iMON driver sitting there for cybrdisplay to use to drive the display, and remove your dependence on iMON for the remote altogether.

If you start MP, wait for the display to start, and then switch frontview from "never" (apply) to "always" (apply) and then back to "never"(apply), does this then work for you? This was a workaround I was using with the older iMON drivers (6.x, 7.2).

Are you sure you are running iMON 7.40?

waskol

Portal Pro
    October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    You could try IR Server Suite which is a replacement for several well know remote drivers. I could never get that to work though with the iMON remote, but you should have much better luck with an MCE remote, as that was what IR Server Suite was originally developed for. This would leave you with IR Server Suite running your MCE remote, and iMON driver sitting there for cybrdisplay to use to drive the display, and remove your dependence on iMON for the remote altogether.
    I will give it a try this evening, thank you for the advice.
    I should precise again that I use a logitech Harmony 555 configured as a MCE remote with my iMon.
    If you start MP, wait for the display to start, and then switch frontview from "never" (apply) to "always" (apply) and then back to "never"(apply), does this then work for you?
    I will test again this evening to be absolutly sure of what I am saying, but so far, as soon as I set the Frontview on "Never", I lose the remote. (but I have to check that out in order to be absolutly sure of what I am saying here)

This was a workaround I was using with the older iMON drivers (6.x, 7.2).
    hum, I will have a closer look to this too.
    Are you sure you are running iMON 7.40?
    Yes, yes, yes : sure, sure, sure ! :)

I will try something else if I have a bit spare-time : I will try to program a kind of Imon manager (if it can be seen as a standard HID device, there is a chance to do something). ;)

Thank you

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How to get 7.4 iMon? I've install 7.20 AutoUpdate is activated but nothing happens.

waskol

Portal Pro
    October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    How to get 7.4 iMon? I've install 7.20 AutoUpdate is activated but nothing happens.
    At home, The update works perfectly :
    It is supposed to popup a windows a few seconds after the PC started that ask you if you want update or not.
    (If you want to see it, disable mediaportal, your PC must be connected to internet too).

By the way, I have tried the "IR Server Suite", and the problem remains exactly the same :
    As soon as Cyberdisplay takes control of the LCD, displaying the MP logo --> no more remote !

I must precise that it seems that multiple instances of imon manager appear in the taskbar as soon as the CyberDisplay plugin is loading.

May be a clue !

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i've exactly done this and i've done it several times before but i've reinstalled my PC yesterday and since then nopopup came :-( and with 7.2 my remote does not work correctly i've only mouse functionality and NO PAD.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom