Updated iMON (Soundgraph) LCD Driver (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    ok now no errors are in place. Can you try disable everything but imon and windows messages and retry please ?

Simone

Frantid

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    okay tried mp. disabled all ir plugins but control process plugin and disabled cyberdisplay.

I get high cpu in MP. you can see in the logs that the number keys register, but none of the other remote keys or the front panel -- running mp1rc3

Frantid

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    ok now no errors are in place. Can you try disable everything but imon and windows messages and retry please ?

Simone

those logs are from a test - I tried all the remote buttons.

can you come in IRC in channel #mediaportal ? Would be quicker to sort this out :p

Simone

sure - i've got to load an irc client i'm running off my htpc server.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This thread is getting hard to manage

Dear all,

This thread is now 72 pages long and has therefore IMHO become virtually unmanageable. The amount of information is sometimes contradictive but certainly overwhelming.

Would it make sense to close this thread and open new one(s) instead? Since CybrDisplay is now part of the standard MP release I believe that it would be more straight forward to close this one and concentrate current discussions in a more recent thread.

Regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

waskol

Portal Pro
    October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Damn it ! I got it to work !
    yup yup yup yup !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hours of programming and reverse engineering with HID events to understand what was going wrong !
    And it was so simple ! (but not so obvious)

*****> Big "rhaaaaaaaaaaaa" Neanderthalian shoutout <********
    :D

Cyberdisplay just work perfect with imon manager frontview set on "never" AND remote control.

BUT, and you will see the subtility : as soon as cyberdisplay (or any other program that use the soundgraph dll API) is using the display layer, the imon manager is not able to receive MCE remote signals anymore.

BUT the imon manager is still able to receive iMon R100 or R200 signals :
    the simple solution is to set the remote on RM100 or RM200.

I cross the fingers :
    For now I am using my little "Veris" remote that came with my antec Micro Fusion 350 case, iMon manager set on RM100 and Cyberdisplay enabled ;)
    I just have to configure my Logitech Harmony 555 in order to get a functional RM200 : I will do this tomorrow evening.

I can already tell that IRSS is working with cyberdisplay, provided the fact that it is not set on MCE remote in the imon configuration but it is set on "iMon remote" (or something like that).

I now have an almost perfect mediacenter, I am sooooooooooo happy ! :D

I hope that will be a big help for everybody. :)

For info :
    - IMon VFD OEM firmware version : 0x38102
    - iMon Manager : 7.40.xxxx

Frantid

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    I can already tell that IRSS is working with cyberdisplay, provided the fact that it is not set on MCE remote in the imon configuration but it is set on "iMon remote" (or something like that).

I now have an almost perfect mediacenter, I am sooooooooooo happy ! :D

I hope that will be a big help for everybody. :)

For info :
    - IMon VFD OEM firmware version : 0x38102
    - iMon Manager : 7.40.xxxx

Waskol, congratulations.

So you had to set the remote to imon in imon manager and that is all?

waskol

Portal Pro
    October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Waskol, congratulations.

So you had to set the remote to imon in imon manager and that is all?
    Exactly, and that's it !

Finally, yesterday I configured also my logitech harmony as a RM200 (iMon Pad Remote Controller in the Logitech software). Everything is running fine now.

I was obliged to configure the iMon manager in order to not display the knob like widget (the kind of circle that displays the RC commands on the desktop), because it was displaying over the MP window each time I was pressing a key of my remote. (there is something to unchecked in settings-->remote control, i don't remember exactly what)

For now, I have two minor issues :
    - First : the logitech harmony seems to throw IR commands to fast or in double so that it looks like when I press enter on my RC, MP receives the "enter" key comand twice in a throw. :mad:
    I partially solved the issu by adjusting the keyboard delay and repetition settings (wich can be done from within iMon manager" or Control panel). I do not have this issue with the little mini remote I got with my case.
    Edit : I just understood that may be the iMon manager throws a kind of "double-click", I have to check this this evening.
    Edit n°2 : It was just a few settings to modify (delays, repeat) in the Logitech Harmony programmation :
    - device/settings/delays or device/settings/troubleshoot/... for the delays (I set it to 100/300/150 in the fields)
    - devices/troubleshoot/responds to some commands... for the number of repeat (set to 2 by default, I set it up on 1, may be I should have put 0 :D)

- Second : my remote starts as a "mouse", even if I check the "Enforce keyboard" setting in cyberdisplay.

Anyway, it is a lot better than before. ;)

MarcusAureli

Portal Member
    May 18, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Dear all,

This thread is now 72 pages long and has therefore IMHO become virtually unmanageable. The amount of information is sometimes contradictive but certainly overwhelming.

Would it make sense to close this thread and open new one(s) instead? Since CybrDisplay is now part of the standard MP release I believe that it would be more straight forward to close this one and concentrate current discussions in a more recent thread.

Regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

I know I'd love an up-to-date summary of how to get iMon working. I gave up on it months ago, and have a nice blank VFD on my antec 430.

Frantid

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Iceland Iceland
    Waskol, Is IRSS using the remote or is iMon manager using the remote?

thanks, frantid

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom