Upgrade to MP2.2 pre release fails with failure to start service (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digsy

Portal Pro
August 29, 2018
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Country flag
We might have a breakthrough...

Looks like port 55555 on my machine is being used by CATSYSDemon, which is part of the CAD package CATIA - not something you would expect to have installed on many machines running MePo.

I have killed CATSYSDemon and re-installed MP2.2 with success (but it took a VERY LONG TIME to get past the "stating services" stage.

Question is now: How do I change the port that CATSYSDemon uses, as I still need to be able to use CATIA! :)

Edit: I have now disabled CATSYSDemon from the Services Manager (it is called BackBone Service in there) so it should not restart. CATIA seems to launch as normal, so this looks like a fix. It would be nice to have the option to change the port(s) used by MePo instead, though.

Attachments

Last edited:

aspik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Looks like port 55555 on my machine is being used by CATSYSDemon, which is part of the CAD package CATIA
    Thanks for the info! I think some (if not most) user would just aboded MP2 at this point. The installer error message is not really indicating what's the root cause for not being able to start the service. We are working on a new custom installer and your report will hopefully help us to make it better in future.

It would be nice to have the option to change the port(s) used by MePo instead, though.
    It would have to be done in two places:
    - in the installer. The installer makes a reservation for this port and adds a rule to the firewall. I don't think its possible to make it configurable with the current installer,
    - in the MP2-Server. I think this is possible, but this would have to confirm @morpheus_xx.

aspik

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    i have the same problem and it is really frustrating... can't get MP2 to install because the services don't start. I tried to run the installer as admin but no changes. Is there ANY solution? (delete DB, re-install .NET, etc...?)
    @Holzi
    to not hijack the other thread, could you please post your MP2-Server log? Or even better, use the Log collector. Since your doing an upgrade, it should be already present on your system.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    D PC rebuild & MP2 upgrade - how to preserve database and settings? General 1
    W Playback stuttering after upgrade from MP1 on Windows 7 to MP2 on Windows 10 General 2
    J upgraded to mp2 but have a few queries! General 17
    A [solved] DiseqC problems after upgrade to 1.25 General Support 1
    DHosein 1.25 Upgrade and movie covers/backdrops General Support 9
    cerberus Erfahrungsbericht Upgrade Win 10.1909 MP 1.24 Installationsprobleme? 2
    G [solved] Black Screen on all videos after upgrading to either 1.23 or 1.24 from 1.22 General Support 4
    404 [solved] EPG problem after Win10 'upgrade' General Support 1
    F [solved] Could not find the MediaPortal.Common.Logging.ILogger service after upgrading from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 General 2
    G MP1 TV Server "failed to upgrade the database" using MS Sql Server Installation, configuration support 3
    T Upgrading HTPC for 4K General 5
    joecrow Online Videos fails after MP 1.23 upgrade. 1.23 Pre Release 37
    johns11 Multiple programs responding to IR commands since upgrade from 1.12 Remotes 3
    R [solved] TV Server after upgrading from MP 1.18 to MP 2.2 General 14
    caveman Upgrade from Mediaportal 1.X to 2.2 General 6
    B Is it Feasible to upgrade a working Mediaportal 1.20.100.0 to V2? Newcomers Forum 1
    T [further infos missing] MP2.2 client crashes on open (after upgrade) 2.2 Archive 34
    J Things I noticed with MP2.2 almost within minutes after upgrading it over the 2.13 version General 6
    C Upgrade from ancient MP Installation, configuration support 12
    Steve.Rayner61 TV "Unable to play" on Client - Working until Win 10 Server upgraded to Version 1803 Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 5
    Undel MediaPortal 1.1 upgrade Installation, configuration support 3
    H MP2 database won't keep in synch with recordings General 1
    H [solved] MP2 Wiedergabe von Aufnahmen und Live TV geht nicht Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 6
    ge2301 [WiP] MP2Web - A platform independent web client for MP2 MediaPortal 2 56
    F Problems with new install of MP2 Newcomers Forum 3