Upgrade to MP2.2 pre release fails with failure to start service (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digsy

Portal Pro
August 29, 2018
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
We might have a breakthrough...

Looks like port 55555 on my machine is being used by CATSYSDemon, which is part of the CAD package CATIA - not something you would expect to have installed on many machines running MePo.

I have killed CATSYSDemon and re-installed MP2.2 with success (but it took a VERY LONG TIME to get past the "stating services" stage.

Question is now: How do I change the port that CATSYSDemon uses, as I still need to be able to use CATIA! :)

Edit: I have now disabled CATSYSDemon from the Services Manager (it is called BackBone Service in there) so it should not restart. CATIA seems to launch as normal, so this looks like a fix. It would be nice to have the option to change the port(s) used by MePo instead, though.

Attachments

• ports2.txt
    11.1 KB
Last edited:

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Looks like port 55555 on my machine is being used by CATSYSDemon, which is part of the CAD package CATIA
    Thanks for the info! I think some (if not most) user would just aboded MP2 at this point. The installer error message is not really indicating what's the root cause for not being able to start the service. We are working on a new custom installer and your report will hopefully help us to make it better in future.

It would be nice to have the option to change the port(s) used by MePo instead, though.
    It would have to be done in two places:
    - in the installer. The installer makes a reservation for this port and adds a rule to the firewall. I don't think its possible to make it configurable with the current installer,
    - in the MP2-Server. I think this is possible, but this would have to confirm @morpheus_xx.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    i have the same problem and it is really frustrating... can't get MP2 to install because the services don't start. I tried to run the installer as admin but no changes. Is there ANY solution? (delete DB, re-install .NET, etc...?)
    @Holzi
    to not hijack the other thread, could you please post your MP2-Server log? Or even better, use the Log collector. Since your doing an upgrade, it should be already present on your system.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom