Usenet plugin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteZZz

March 29, 2009
Is it also possible to add catergory-support for this plugin?
In my watchfolder i have subfolders that have the names of my categories in SABnzbd+
so when i download the nzb files i don't want them to be in the watchfolder, but in the watchfolder+categoriename
well hope this is possible to make, cause for the rest this plugin rulez!

clobber

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
There is no skin for anything but Blue3 at the moment. I am not a very good skinner so using anything but Blue3 at the moment is risky. I would be happy if someone wanted to make some skin files. If not I am working on it.

Understood. I'm just so addicted to streamedMP right now. It makes for such a rich HTPC experience and I would like for mpNzb to follow. And I'm unlikely to switch to Blue. No worries, the provided skin does work and I might be able to hack it a bit to look better on my display.

If you go to http://www.nzbsrus.com/rss.php is there a link under ">> User's category selection RSS (Go to your profile page to view/ change default browse categories)". If so then what happens in my plugin when you click the category selection option?

Ok, that works. I assumed that the NZBS-R-US would work just like Matrix where you select from Movies, TV, etc. Seems like that would be a better option than the profile support. It seems to just mix them all together?

6) It would be nice to jump directly from the plugin to the download folder (presumably monitored in MyVideos)?

This may be a future feature. Do you know of any plugins that do this so I can see how it works?

No, but I have seen how Moving Pictures links directly to TV Series and vice versa (IIRC).

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
October 28, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
Ok, that works. I assumed that the NZBS-R-US would work just like Matrix where you select from Movies, TV, etc. Seems like that would be a better option than the profile support. It seems to just mix them all together?

Well that option is actually based on the "Browse default categories" setting on the NZBsRus page. Its a custom feed of your selected categories. In the future I will add a list of all the categories perhaps. Its a rather big list, were as Newzbin and NZBMatrix had smaller lists so I just manually entered it in.

Either way I will look into a better way of explaining what that one feed is.

Understood. I'm just so addicted to streamedMP right now. It makes for such a rich HTPC experience and I would like for mpNzb to follow. And I'm unlikely to switch to Blue. No worries, the provided skin does work and I might be able to hack it a bit to look better on my display.

Please go ahead and tweak away. If you come up with a good skin for it I will add it to the release.

jobambo

March 30, 2009
Mrtrix, I want to thank you for efforts on this plugin. Although i have no tried this plug in, i will once you will be able to stream nzbs. I have a suggestion"ghetto" rig a setup that will work. Would having the NZBplayer running the back and having it stream to an external player such as VLC, can your plugin directly send the NZBs to the NZBplayer?

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
October 28, 2006
Home Country
Canada Canada
I could send it to NZB player easily. But I don't know how I would get the video embedded in to Media Portal.

jobambo

March 30, 2009
If your plugin sends it to NZB player which is set to use VLC. Will the VLC popup and overlap Mediaportal?

RoXoR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    B-W
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is no skin for anything but Blue3 at the moment. I am not a very good skinner so using anything but Blue3 at the moment is risky. I would be happy if someone wanted to make some skin files. If not I am working on it.

vote for it Issue 128 - streamedmp - Support for "Usenet plugin" - Google Code

sounds interesting:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/tips-tricks-108/watch-rar-files-my-videos-easy-way-56748/

MrTRiX

Community Plugin Dev
    October 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I made a skin for StreamedMP today. Also created a mpNZB google-code page that I will use for this project from now on.

I am moving this conversation to a more official forum thread here.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nice keep it up :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread