User Modifications (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have you changed some code parts or images to make WMC skin fit to your taste?
    Here you have the chance to share and discuss it and perhaps even inspire others with your work.

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hello WMC Skin Users!

First of all WMC skin is a really nice skin for MP2 and the original version reflects the actual style of WMC really well! However, while i loved the menu structure and ease of use of WMC I would always be sure to add skins and make it look even simpler - and so i've done the same to the WMC Skin.

The changes I have made are for just 2 reasons: I really like plain simple backgrounds, no patterns, no animations - just one flat colour and secondly I use an OLED TV which makes anything coloured black absolutely stunning, especially in contrast to white text / objects.

I have attached a few files that will help you achieve the same look. The files are sized for 4K resolution, but as theyre very simple, they will scale down to 1080p perfectly. I use WMC Dark as my base theme and the images should be added to the images file in the Dark theme section of the WMC folder in plugins.

As well as a few simple backgrounds, there's also replacements for how programmes scheduled to record show in the guide and to change the MP2 logo to my rendition of what WMC logo may have looked like had it ever been given the Windows 8 / 10 treatment by Microsoft!

Over time I intend to simplify some other images - buttons etc to make them flatter and cleaner - I will update this post with new additions.

Here's a few shots of my screen:
    Home.png TVMov.png TVno.png TVyes.png TVRec.png

Attachments

• MP2.zip
      29.9 KB

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice (y) To have one theme with flat buttons is a good idea.
    Currently it looks like original WMC, but we could also have a next gen (based on Windows10) WMC.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    Where can we view the roadmap for future versions?
    Unfortunately nowhere ;) Theoretically you can see a roadmap in Jira, but it was not continued since longer time.
    Also it's difficult to make a planning due to lack of capacity, availability of people, changing topics and not forseeable bugs.
    Next version is definitely 2.2 and it will be in 2018, after that there can be 2.2.1 until 2.2.3, but also directly 2.3, if no bugfix releases are needed ;)
    Sorry for the unconcrete infos, but nobody can tell more right now.

Users who are viewing this thread