Version 0.2.0.0 Beta (1 Viewer)

krl69

Portal Pro
October 12, 2006
Nice!! But there is one problem which is still not solved: the first song won’t play, but skip to next and then back will play the song... And now I'm certain that I have selected ASIO as output... :)

And the AC3 pass-through plugin is broke after RC1...

But overall I'm very satisfied with your work! :)

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nice!! But there is one problem which is still not solved: the first song won’t play, but skip to next and then back will play the song... And now I'm certain that I have selected ASIO as output... :)
    Ok I believe you :) That is most likely the known issue with ASIO4ALL that presents itself in various forms to many users... I silently hoped that it would be solved as well, but too bad :( It's being worked on, but have not been able to find a solution sofar.

You mean the WMPlayer.. ok will look into that.

But overall I'm very satisfied with your work! :)
    You sound like my boss :D

Symphy

mikeyko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Symphy, if you want Vista environment, you can try virtualization with VirtualPC in your current OS. You can download Vista trial for free

Olaf

May 3, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Symphy and thanx for your great job !

Is it possible to add bass management option after upmixing in 5.1 or 7.1 ?
    I would like to steer the bass on the LFE.
    VST plugins added in the DSP section does not work because they detect only two ways.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm afrain you will have to provide more details and logs again, it's working for me...

Symphy

Is it possible to add bass management option after upmixing in 5.1 or 7.1 ?
    I would like to steer the bass on the LFE.
    What exactly do you want to do with it? As it is now the LFE channel is simply feeded with a full-range left/right mix.
    Do you want to cut away frequencies above 120 Hz or so?
    VST plugins added in the DSP section does not work because they detect only two ways.
    VST plugins should have accesss to all output channels. What kind of outputdevice are you using?
    Note that upmixing only works when using a 5.1 or 7.1 outputdevice, not when directly steering S/PDIF! The latter would require a AC3 or DTS encoder, which is not present.
    I'm not sure what situation applies to you, a logfile will make things clear.

Regards,

Symphy

Olaf

May 3, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    What exactly do you want to do with it? As it is now the LFE channel is simply feeded with a full-range left/right mix.
    Do you want to cut away frequencies above 120 Hz or so?
    Yes! I would like :
    • to remove the frequencies below 120Hz on right / left channels
    • to send only these frequencies towards the LFE

VST plugins should have accesss to all output channels. What kind of outputdevice are you using
    Note that upmixing only works when using a 5.1 or 7.1 outputdevice, not when directly steering S/PDIF! The latter would require a AC3 or DTS encoder, which is not present.
    I'm not sure what situation applies to you, a logfile will make things clear.
    I use (in 5.1) the analogical outputs of Terratec Aureon firewire 7.1.
    I am going to take out a logfile...

Thank you for your help!
    Regards,

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Yes! I would like :
    • to remove the frequencies below 120Hz on right / left channels
    • to send only these frequencies towards the LFE

This is a very specific request, rather than the norm, it really shouldn't get coded into anything except as an option. EDIT: Sorry that sounded crappy, I meant to say 'maybe' :)

Symphy, any more thoughts on the possibility of adding FFDSHOW audio? This would solve a lot of configurable issues like the above, plus give all the wonders of EQ, resampling, mixing etc.

aba101280

Portal Pro
    April 23, 2006
    Hi,

thank you very much from my side this is one of the most important and reliable plugins. Thanks a lot.

A question concerning Audio CDs. Unfortunatelly there are lots of copy protected Audio CDs that will not play when using the Asio plugin. Taking the directShow plugin will play it perfectly but not BitExact.

So my question is ifthe other users here have the same problem or if this is just a configuration issue I did wrong.

I use the latest Beta 2.00 with MediaPortal 1.00 RC1.

Thanks again

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom