Version 0.2.0.0 Beta (1 Viewer)

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Symphy and many thanks for this gread plugin.

I have seek about one answer but it looks like it whas not mentioted before. Is is it possible to use ASIO with this pulgin, mayby a work around, also for DVD- Videos (AC3 and DTS).
    I would really like to have bitperfect audio via ASIO also for my movies.

Best regards Damdy

yeah ASIO for movie playback would rock my world! But at the moment i dont think this is possible , there is not a directshowfilter using asio available. Just imagine using asio for flac multichannel audio, that would be awesome!

As far as i know such a solution does not exist. Interesting idea though :)

Symphy

synthdood

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've tried this version. Good job! It seems to work okay although I can not FastForward (skip) trough a DTS wave file. The amp just goes silent and if I force it to another 'listening mode' there is just white noise. It looks like something breaks the bitperfect stream when skipping. I listen to a lot of DTS audio so it's back to the previous version for me I'm afraid.

Edit: By the way, I am using Asio4All on the integrated soundchip. Maybe I should be getting myself a proper sound card.

You mean fast forwarding DTS did actually work in the older versions? Will have to look into that. I would expect the amp to resync to the signal right away.

Symphy

Yep, that's exactly what I mean.

I don't know anything about what makes an amp recognise a DTS wave, but I am guessing it'll be a few bits or bytes in the first block of bytes it receives. Maybe a byte or two are missing in the first block to be sent after fast forwarding.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yep, that's exactly what I mean.

I don't know anything about what makes an amp recognise a DTS wave, but I am guessing it'll be a few bits or bytes in the first block of bytes it receives. Maybe a byte or two are missing in the first block to be sent after fast forwarding.

Odd:confused:
    DTS consists of frames with a few sync bytes in each frame. The amp should resync itself to the first few frames it receives after forwarding. At least that's what i would expect...

Will have a look at it, maybe i find something.

lloydsmart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 10, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Hi. Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but I was wondering weather a WASAPI implementation is in the pipeline, or a possibility for the future? I know a lot of people, including myself, would LOVE to see (or I should say hear) this in Mediaportal!

Personally I'm trying to sort out a workaround involving the ReClock directshow audio renderer, but it's just not the same and seems quite buggy.

A plugin for WASAPI would absolutely rock!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom