Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Symphy!

The plan is to release it coming weekend. It'll be a beta, because i dont have an asio device with 24 bit chans to test with. It'll also include an attempt to fix the DTS pause/forward problem. Because i dont have a DTS receiver, not sure if thats gonna work either :)

I will test for you with the Esi Juli@! One Question: Is it possible to get Cuesheet Support! The most of my music (abut 80%) ist classical and Jazz, that's why i ripped it lossless as Wavpack-Image! Cueshett Support would be very helpful!

Best Regards
    Helios

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will test for you with the Esi Juli@!

Great, any help is always apreciated :)

One Question: Is it possible to get Cuesheet Support! The most of my music (abut 80%) ist classical and Jazz, that's why i ripped it lossless as Wavpack-Image! Cueshett Support would be very helpful!

Unfortunately, in order to support cue sheets, there will have to be changes made to MP itself. In its current "featurefreeze" stage that's not possible anymore. And cannot do it within this plugin.
    MP2 will support CUE sheets, but that's something for the longer term.

You might want to consider the following:
    Rip the albums in seperate tracks without CUE sheets. Because this plugin supports gapless playback, it will still be possible to play the album as one piece.

Personally i rip everything with the allmighty EAC ripper into seperate flac files. Many of my albums (mostly prog/symphonic rock) require perfect gapless playback and it works perfect for me. When using EAC, make sure:
    • to enable the most accurate ripping methods
    • to detect gaps prior to ripping
    Not sure how this will work with DTS though...

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Symhy!

You might want to consider the following:
    Rip the albums in seperate tracks without CUE sheets. Because this plugin supports gapless playback, it will still be possible to play the album as one piece.

It's a critical decision: Converting all my Albums (an that's a lot), or waiting for Cuesheet-Support in MP1, or a working Release of MP2! :confused:

Not sure how this will work with DTS though...
    I will test it for you this Weekend!

Edit Saturday 10.22: works fine with DTS-Files, but the known Issue with "fast Forwarding"!

Best Regards
    Helios

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello Symhy!
    It's a critical decision: Converting all my Albums (an that's a lot), or waiting for Cuesheet-Support in MP1, or a working Release of MP2! :confused:
    Yep thats a lot of work... But a first operational release of MP2 is probably gonna take at least 6 months, if not more. And i wouldn't wait on CUE sheet support in MP1 :)

Edit Saturday 10.22: works fine with DTS-Files,
    Please see the PM i'm about to send :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom