Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello Symphy!

For sure. Logs sre attached, but i can not reproduce the crash after finishing the playback. But inside you will see the issue "no sound after fast forward"!

Best Regards

Helios

There's a lot of forwarding inthere :D Looks as if you keep the forward button pressed. What happens if you press F6 only once? Playback should then jump 20 seconds forward and resume.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    After pressing F6 once -> no sound!
    :confused: I've been trying all kinds of things, but have no clue why this won't work. The fact that 0.1.4.0 does not have this problem is even more puzzling to me...
    Anyway, guess i need to do some more thinking :)

I have tried to come to the end :D
    Looks like you managed to get there :D

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ATM Im using version 0.1.4.0. Fastforwarding Pause and backward causes whitenoise here aswell.

For information purpose I will add the crashlog of mediaportal. This is the previous situation where I had the older Xonar driver, other settings in the plugin (0.1.4.0 also). Maybe you can see where the problem originates from.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ATM Im using version 0.1.4.0. Fastforwarding Pause and backward causes whitenoise here aswell.

For information purpose I will add the crashlog of mediaportal. This is the previous situation where I had the older Xonar driver, other settings in the plugin (0.1.4.0 also). Maybe you can see where the problem originates from.

Thanx for the info. It explains a lot:
    Your xonar driver exposes 24 bit asio channels, which are not supported (yet) by 0.2.0.0. Did not expect them to be around..
    The crash must be a driver thing, happens out of reach of my code.

I will add 24 bit support to 0.2.0.0 and keep trying to find the forward/pause problem :)

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks symphy for the feedback.
    Do you think I will be able to use the 0.2.0.0 final plugin instead of the 0.1.4.0 plugin with the same settings?
    If you think its likely they will fail, I wount even try. (unless you would want me to give it a try and post logs or something...).

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks symphy for the feedback.
    Do you think I will be able to use the 0.2.0.0 final plugin instead of the 0.1.4.0 plugin with the same settings?
    If you think its likely they will fail, I wount even try. (unless you would want me to give it a try and post logs or something...).

0.2.0.0 is definately not gonna work with Xonar drivers, because of the 24 bit channels. It might work with ASIO4ALL though, but i suggest to wait for upcoming 0.2.0.1 version, added 24 bit channel support this afternoon :)

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Woooot... :eek: :D :D

I think I would probably not notice (or hear) the difference.. Once that version comes out, Ill give it a try and report back to you about it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Woooot... :eek: :D :D

I think I would probably not notice (or hear) the difference..

0.1.4.0 uses a different asio engine that actually does support 24 bit chans, thats why that version works for you. So there won't be any difference in sound quality whatsoever.

Once that version comes out, Ill give it a try and report back to you about it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Deal :)

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    But sorry to say that when choosing ASIO4ALL as output device, there is still this “first song silence” problem. Not a major issue, but a little annoying. But would ASIO4ALL as the output device in Pureaudio give even more “pure audio” than choosing directsound as the output device? If not, then for me personally I don’t care about asio...

Still having this problem....

Just discovered this...

Those of you who use ASIO4ALL and are getting silence now and then when hitting "play" try the following:
    Turn off "Enable skin sounds effects" in MP configuration -> General and try again.... fixed it for me.

Makes sense though: ASIO4ALL needs exclusive access to the device and can't always get it because its busy playing the soundeffect...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom