Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I have an Sigmatech onboard card (that I don't use) and an external Soundblaster Live! 24Bit (that I use with digital passthrough). When I try to use ASIO for the SB card, I get an unhandled exception.

Can you find any info on that unhandled exception in the logs? If your sb live comes with native asio drivers i would like to get them working.

So I figured, fine, I'll try the ASIO4All drivers. Installed and set it up (using the "offline setup" ) to use my SoundBlaster with the ASIO4All drivers. Yet, when I enter the PureAudio plugin configuration, and choose the ASIO4All, the onboard card is selected, and if I choose to configure ASIO4All from the plugin, I can't disable the onboard card and choose the SB one.

I have to go into the Windows Control Panel and disable the Sigmatech card (probably a good thing anyway) and then re-enter the PureAudio configuration. Now the SB card is selected. So this is perhaps a bug I've found?

Emph

The plugin cannot affect what device ASIO4ALL uses. Sounds more like a ASIO4ALL issue to me.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I still noticed other problem. At playing DTS material and after rewinding the file, sound isn't coming back - the amplifier has a problem with identifying the signal and there is silence. Helps only press the Start button again and playing the file from the beginning.

I greet,
    MariuCh

Check if you use the latest version (0.2.0.1 beta). Does that also happen when forwarding or pausing?

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've got an Asus HDAV1.3 and the new version is working nicely for me except...it keeps stopping playback after a few songs.
    It plays one or more song and then stops, I manually start he next song and it plays one or more songs again then stops.

If you could fix that I would be very happy with this plugin.

If I need to supply any logs or whatever just let me know what you need.

Thanks,
    activ

Logfiles (debuglevel) may help!

Edit: First try increasing the playbackbuffer size! (the one that is default at 2 seconds)

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Symphy

Just to let you know. I just downloaded the latest SVN.
    MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-10-2009 15-53h - Revision:21688.rar
    As it turns out, pureaudio.dll ver 0.2.0.1 is causing an error message in configuration.exe when selecting the plugin section. :( I tested it 2 times. To give you a heads up.

This is what I see

Bild0004d78c.jpg

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Symphy

Just to let you know. I just downloaded the latest SVN.
    MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-10-2009 15-53h - Revision:21688.rar
    As it turns out, pureaudio.dll ver 0.2.0.1 is causing an error message in configuration.exe when selecting the plugin section. :( I tested it 2 times. To give you a heads up.

Yup saw that one coming... MP has been upgraded to use BASS library 2.4 while the plugin still uses 2.3...
    No quick fix for this one. I'll try to upgrade the plugin sometime soon so it can work again on upcoming 1.0.1 release.

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Good to know Symphy. THanks for your reply.

For explaination purpose I quoted your above post in the SVN subforum. This so people know where the error is coming from.

activ

Portal Member
    May 30, 2007
    I've got an Asus HDAV1.3 and the new version is working nicely for me except...it keeps stopping playback after a few songs.
    It plays one or more song and then stops, I manually start he next song and it plays one or more songs again then stops.

If you could fix that I would be very happy with this plugin.

If I need to supply any logs or whatever just let me know what you need.

Thanks,
    activ

Logfiles (debuglevel) may help!

Edit: First try increasing the playbackbuffer size! (the one that is default at 2 seconds)

I decided to just double the buffer and see what happens, seems to be fixed now.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I decided to just double the buffer and see what happens, seems to be fixed now.

If that fixes it, you're one of the ppl for which MP takes a very long time to switch to the next track. This problem has been reported several times, and i have not yet been able to figure out why.

Your logfiles may still be helpfull!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom