Version 0.2.0.2 (1 Viewer)

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    :( I can't understand where's the problem then... :(

Anyway, I managed to use ASIO with standard BASS Player (thank you for the tip on SVN post!)... So I don't really know if PureAudio can give anything extra, then...

Anyway, I would love resolving this problem. ¿?

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :( I can't understand where's the problem then... :(

Anyway, I managed to use ASIO with standard BASS Player (thank you for the tip on SVN post!)... So I don't really know if PureAudio can give anything extra, then...

Anyway, I would love resolving this problem. ¿?

Did you try a complete uninstall / reinstall?
    The extra PureAudio gives you (me) is true gapless playback (This mode is no true gapless playback with built in BASS engine).

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Didn't try to start from scratch. I'll do it the moment we've got 1.0.1 final out.

I don't use gapless play feature at all... But! I wanna solve this!!! :)

bye!

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

peque

• Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Oh jesus!!! Sorry for that stupid mistake! I went to that post and go directly to the end, searching for last available version. I didn't see there was a 0.2.1.0 available... :p

Installed and working!

Thank you so much!!!!

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oh jesus!!! Sorry for that stupid mistake! I went to that post and go directly to the end, searching for last available version. I didn't see there was a 0.2.1.0 available... :p

Installed and working!

Thank you so much!!!!

And i tried to make it conveniant to put the newest at the top :D

burken

Portal Member
    May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Workaround for MediaPortal crashes caused by PureAudio/ASIO4ALL

I have had PureAudio working perfectly on my admin account for some time but when I tried to set it up on my normal user account today it kept crashing MediaPortal. What eventually fixed the problem was to run "ASIO4ALL v2 Off-Line Settings" on my normal user account and enable the SPDIF output device there (Realtek HDA SPDIF Out). After I had done that PureAudio started to work without crashing MediaPortal.

The problem doesn't seem to be related to limited user rights for the non-admin account because I managed to reproduce the problem on my admin account by deleting the registry settings for ASIO4ALL. Rather it looks like the problem is that the PureAudio plugin doesn't initialize all settings needed for ASIO4ALL. Foobar2000 on the other hand works without making the settings in "ASIO4ALL v2 Off-Line Settings".

I got these errors in the error.log file:
    2009-03-14 22:30:16.408965 [ERROR][20]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    2009-03-14 22:30:16.411965 [ERROR][20]: Exception :confused:ystem.IndexOutOfRangeException: Indexet låg utanför gränserna för matrisen.
    vid MediaPortal.Player.PureAudio.Asio.AsioEngine._Driver_BufferUpdate(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    vid BlueWave.Interop.Asio.AsioDriver.OnBufferSwitch(Int32 doubleBufferIndex, Int32 directProcess)
    vid BlueWave.Interop.Asio.BufferSwitch(Int32 bufferIndex, Int32 directProcess)
    2009-03-14 22:30:16.411965 [ERROR][20]: Exception :Indexet låg utanför gränserna för matrisen.
    2009-03-14 22:30:16.411965 [ERROR][20]: site :Void _Driver_BufferUpdate(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
    2009-03-14 22:30:16.412965 [ERROR][20]: source :pureAudio
    2009-03-14 22:30:16.412965 [ERROR][20]: stacktrace: vid MediaPortal.Player.PureAudio.Asio.AsioEngine._Driver_BufferUpdate(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    vid BlueWave.Interop.Asio.AsioDriver.OnBufferSwitch(Int32 doubleBufferIndex, Int32 directProcess)
    vid BlueWave.Interop.Asio.BufferSwitch(Int32 bufferIndex, Int32 directProcess)

The error messages are similar to the one in this thread:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ion-0-2-0-0-beta-38229/index4.html#post286235

I am running MediaPortal 1.0.0.0 with PureAudio plugin 0.2.0.3.

Thanks for putting together this very useful plugin. I hope my problem report will make it possible to fix this problem in future versions of the plugin.

/burken

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have had PureAudio working perfectly on my admin account for some time but when I tried to set it up on my normal user account today it kept crashing MediaPortal. What eventually fixed the problem was to run "ASIO4ALL v2 Off-Line Settings" on my normal user account and enable the SPDIF output device there (Realtek HDA SPDIF Out). After I had done that PureAudio started to work without crashing MediaPortal.

The problem doesn't seem to be related to limited user rights for the non-admin account because I managed to reproduce the problem on my admin account by deleting the registry settings for ASIO4ALL. Rather it looks like the problem is that the PureAudio plugin doesn't initialize all settings needed for ASIO4ALL. Foobar2000 on the other hand works without making the settings in "ASIO4ALL v2 Off-Line Settings".

What probably happens here is that the plugin tries to play into non-existing asio channels. This may happen if the asio device has changed after the "First channel" and "Last channel" have been set. Now "normal" asio devices won't change, but in case of ASIO4ALL it can happen because its a virtual device that is cunstructed from the ASIO4ALL off-line settings. So if these are changed, the asio device is no longer what pureaudio thinks it is. There's one thing i do not understand yet:

With the asio4all regsettings deleted, is your spdif device not listed in the channels that you can select for "first channel" and "last channel" in the pureaudio configuration? As far as i know, by default everything is enabled. If that is not the case, i don't understand how foobar can use it. The complete log (debuglevel) may clearify things.

The plugin should never crash this way though, so i'll try to make it more robust.

Thanks for putting together this very useful plugin. I hope my problem report will make it possible to fix this problem in future versions of the plugin.
    Input like this is always very usefull, so thanx :)

burken

Portal Member
    May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Symphy, I have sent you a PM with more detailed info on the problem.

burken

burken

Portal Member
    May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have two more questions about PureAudio (version 0.2.0.3):

1. If I am listening to one song and press skip on the remote to go the next song, there is some stutter in the music and first after that the current song fades out and the next one fades in. Can I get rid of the stutter in some way by changing the configuration?

2. I noticed in the configuration that it is possible to upmix stereo to "QaudraphonicPhonic". Is this some kind of Dolby ProLogic II-like matrix encoding with phase inverted surround sound? If it is, what is needed to use this mode? Will it work on analog output? SPDIF? HDMI? How does PureAudio know what speakers are surround speakers?

burken

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom