Version 0.2.1.0 beta (1 Viewer)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
So if you play a simple stereo mp3, it ends up in the receiver as DTS? If so, you will have quallity loss because of the (basically unnessecary) DTS encoding (DTS is a lossy algorithm).

What surprises me is that the ASIO support is not more flexible. The plugin sets the device's samplingrate and the device should obey that according the ASIO standard.

I will test if upsamled mp3 are transmitted in dts to the receiver. Currently I dont use the upsampling, so the stereo channel is forwarded as stereo, not dts.

About ASIO support. I was hoping for the same flexibillity. Maybe I need to fiddle around a bit with new(er) drivers and other settings. It could all be related to incorrect driver/settings. I will test and report the result. :)

Thanks for your reply Symphy. :)

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
For C-media users: Should be bitperfect now on DirectSound when used with the custom drivers. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/asio-music-player-245/download-latest-version-54880/

Great work.
Problem is fixed. :D

Here I have another one:

If I play a test AC3 file via this plugin it is not passed through. I notified this as rear left and rear right are played back via front speakers. I tried this with different drivers, different cards (C-MEDIA + Realtek) and with ASIO and without. Always the same problem.

When simply playing back that file via WMP all is fine.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If I play a test AC3 file via this plugin it is not passed through. I notified this as rear left and rear right are played back via front speakers. I tried this with different drivers, different cards (C-MEDIA + Realtek) and with ASIO and without. Always the same problem.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

That file is probably 'raw' ac3 and not encapsulated in wav. The BASS library actually decodes such files. Best solution is to encapsulate it into a wav using a tool such as spdifer: AC3Filter tools | AC3Filter Then if you wrap that in a FLAC, you can tag the file too.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

That file is probably 'raw' ac3 and not encapsulated in wav. The BASS library actually decodes such files. Best solution is to encapsulate it into a wav using a tool such as spdifer: AC3Filter tools | AC3Filter Then if you wrap that in a FLAC, you can tag the file too.

Maybe your plugin WMPlayer will solve it if used in conjuction with this one. If I understand correct you could pass through ac3 and dts based on extension and let PureAudio do the rest?

grubi.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Maybe your plugin WMPlayer will solve it if used in conjuction with this one. If I understand correct you could pass through ac3 and dts based on extension and let PureAudio do the rest?

grubi.

Yep if you configure WMPlayer to handle .ac3 and configure PureAudio not to, ac3 should be played over wmplayer and the rest over pureaudio. Note however that wmplayer has been reported not to work anymore. Am looking at it at the moment.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

grubi.

Yep if you configure WMPlayer to handle .ac3 and configure PureAudio not to, ac3 should be played over wmplayer and the rest over pureaudio. Note however that wmplayer has been reported not to work anymore. Am looking at it at the moment.

OK thanks for the hint.

Users who are viewing this thread