Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Symphy!

Thanks a lot for the new version! Tested it with .flac, .wv, .ape, .mp3 and DTS-encodedet wavpack files! All seems to work fine here!

Thanks again

Helios

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Reporting in here all good from ASIO4ALL into a Revo 5.1 with last SVN. The built in Music player has been upscaling all my music regardless of whether in ASIO mode or not, so this is a bit of an essential fix for me. Thanks!

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just to inform a status on my end.

I installed the plugin. I dont think my setup is working 100% perfect. The hardware I use is the ASUS Xonar DX. It has its own ASIO drivers with 16 and 24bits support. But I think within this, there is a problem. The drivers of asus I mean.

As it turns out after a little while reading, ASUS has implemented its own flexible of 5.1 digital output. Atleast for the DX series.
    Set windows audio output to 5.1 ch/speakers. A digital 5.1 audiostream is send to the analogue output of 5.1 channels, where after all channels get encoded on the fly to a DTS bitstream through the SPDIF connection. In this situation it does not matter what the input bitrate is 44.1 or 48khz. It doesnt matter, because its decoded/encoded on the fly. Down side of this is, that I think there could be some quality loss because of the en/decoding steps. But im not sure of that.

Besides above flexible option, it is still possible to use the true asio driver. In this situation I have to set windows audio output to 2ch stereo/channel. Now it is still needed that the source data (khz) is correctly read and then transmitted untouched through windows and drivers to my receiver. I have to admit that this is not yet working perfectly for me. When I set the soundcard output at 48khz, the mkv files work perfectly in DTS because the data is delivered in 48khz. The transmission to receiver for me is handled by AC3filter SPDIF Passthrough when watching movies.
    But the Flac / Wav / mp3 files (with pureaudio) or mediafiles with 44.1khz audio are not working correctly in this situation, because they are in 44.1khz. Result is still white noise. Conclusion in this situation is that for me the ASUS ASIO drivers are not working properly yet. This will require a bit of more digging from me.... I will probably try ASIO4ALL.

SO now, I am using the first option. I have flac/wav DTS file support with pureaudio plugin and the mediafiles produce good dts. Only thing is I am a bit unsure about possible quallity loss.

Sooowww... Just to inform you :D

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    SO now, I am using the first option. I have flac/wav DTS file support with pureaudio plugin and the mediafiles produce good dts. Only thing is I am a bit unsure about possible quallity loss.

So if you play a simple stereo mp3, it ends up in the receiver as DTS? If so, you will have quallity loss because of the (basically unnessecary) DTS encoding (DTS is a lossy algorithm).

What surprises me is that the ASIO support is not more flexible. The plugin sets the device's samplingrate and the device should obey that according the ASIO standard.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible to also use this plugin for playback of MyRadio Webstreams or is this hard-wired?
    Currently built in BASS player is used which leads to follwing problems here:

Scenario 1:
    --------------

1.) Configure PureAuido to use ASIO
    2.) Configure built-in player to not use ASIO
    1.) Play a song from MyMusic
    2.) Play a webstream from MyRadio
    3.) you only can hear the first few samples of the stream which are repeated in a loop.
    4.) Quit MP
    5.) Play a webstream from MyRadio
    6.) Works correct.

Scenario 2:
    --------------

1.) Configure PureAuido to use ASIO
    2.) Configure built-in player to use ASIO
    3.) Play a song from MyMusic
    4.) Play a webstream from MyRadio
    5.) You cannot hear anything (Seems that device is still locked as shown by ASIO4ALL)

Regards,
    grubi.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is it possible to also use this plugin for playback of MyRadio Webstreams or is this hard-wired?
    Currently built in BASS player is used which leads to follwing problems here:

My Radio is hardwired to builtin player. You can however use asx files for your webstreams and have them listed in My Music. That way webstreams are played by the plugin.

Users who are viewing this thread