Viaplay for Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark (1 Viewer)

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Viaplay for Sweden, Norway, Finland and Denmark

Browser player and remarks
    • Browser player introduced in OnlineVideos 1.8
    • Videos plays in an external browser window and not in the online video player.
    • You can play, pause, stop videos (close browser) and skip/step forward and backward
    • You can not "play all" or download videos.
    • It might be a good idea to add "OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost" without quotes in PowerScheduler -> Processes -> Processes to prevent standby while watching, see Power Scheduler
    • I have a swedish account, but the other counties *should* work.
    Features
    • You can skip forward and backward in the browser player with right and left buttons on remote or keyboard.
    • Search
      • "Ordinary" search
      • Search directors and actors from the context menu of movies (in most views...)
    • Starred videos
      • Starred category
      • Star or un-star videos from context menu in video lists (in most views...)
    • Watched/Activity/History
      • Watched/Activity/History category
      • Remove watched status of videos from context menu when in this category
    • Latest Videos
    Play titles with the internal player
    • Enable in site settings (in site context menu)
    • Not all titles available for the internal. If not available the title will play in browser as a fallback.
    • If you want you can choose to use only browser for live sport events (since you can't rewind or go forward in live streams with the internal player)
    • Scrobbles to trakt if playing in internal player
    Quirks:
    This is somewhat experimental...
    If you use internal player the watched titles will not appear in your watch history and you cannot continue automatically from the position you stopped the video earlier.
    Viaplay have a restriction on how many devices you can use with the service, this could add one device to your list (not for me, but maybe for you?)
    It's certainly not supported by Viaplay...

Not featured
    • Adult content
    • Rental store content
    • NHL GameCenter
    Prerequisite
    • Silverlight must be installed on the computer
    • Viaplay subscription
    Tips'n'tricks for smoother playback
    • Turn on hardware acceleration in silverlight settings
      • Open "Microsoft Silverlight Configuration" in elevated mode (right click and run as administrator)
      • Playback tab
      • Check hardware acceleration
    • Reduce frame rate when not being in focus
    • Set a 50Hz refresh rate in your graphic settings
    Problems
    • If the video won't start, just a page visible in the browser. Exit browser (by "stopping playback" with stop key, esc, back, 'B',...) and try again
    • If the video content never start to play, only spinner showing and then back to content listing after approx 20-30 second, it could be a timeout. Edit the "BrowserHostWaitTimeout" in the OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.exe.config file (found in [MP-INSTALL-PATH]l\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos)
    • Viaplay restrictions
      • Viaplay only allows up to four devices connected/registred to the service, e.g. two computers, one smart tv and one smart phone. If you have used a four devices you might not be able to play contents with this onlinevideos site. Please contact viaplay to unregister a device from the viaplay service and try agian.
      • Viaplay only allows up to two devices to play content at the same time.
    • Log in bug Viaplay. There are problems with the current version of Viaplay. If you're not logged on in the browser player and the first thing you do is to try to watch a sports title the log in process can fail.
      As a workaround, first play a movie or a tv series episode (you don't need to watch it to the end only do log in faze) then start the sport broadcast.
    Report problems in this thread
    First check if it works as expected in IE on the same computer.

Collect logs:

Edit the OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.exe.config file (found in [MP-INSTALL-PATH]l\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos)
    Change the WriteDebugLog value to true

Use the WatchDog, pick the second alternative and reproduce the error.

Keeping this text, if it get supported again....

HBO Nordic

New version!

Please read the Problems section about black screen problems. See Features down below for new features.

The util uses your HBO Nordic watchlist to be able to play videos, since there are no direct links to them. This might lead to items in the watchlist that this util has added but not managed to remove afterwards.

Features
    • Get titles and descriptions in english setting
    • All the Series and Movies of course
    • NEW: Change subtitle with L on keyboard or yellow button on (standard configured mce) remote.
    • NEW: Add and remove videos to watchlist from the context menu of a video item.
    • NEW: Search video titles
    Prerequisite
    • Internet explorer
    • Flash must be installed on the computer for internet explorer
    • HBO Nordic subscription...
    Tips'n'tricks for smoother playback

Enable hardware acceleration and try to match the refresh rate of monitor with content. Some titles are smoother than others.

Problems
    • If you only get a black screen instead of video content:
    • HBO Nordic restrictions
      • HBO Nordic only allows up to five devices connected/registred to the service. If you have used a five devices you might not be able to play contents with this onlinevideos site. Please go to your settings page and unregister a device.
      • HBO Nordic only allows up to one device to play content at the same time.
    Report problems in this thread
    First check if it works as expected in IE on the same computer.

Collect logs:

Edit the OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.exe.config file (found in [MP-INSTALL-PATH]l\plugins\Windows\OnlineVideos)
    Change the WriteDebugLog value to true

Use the WatchDog, pick the second alternative and reproduce the error.

Last edited:

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    First of all, thank you for your hard work, it´s much appreciated. I would love to get this Viaplay to work, but somehow i can figure it out. When i try to play a video, it immediately shuts right back into media-portal. like a glimpse of a browser, that´s how i can describe it.

Anyone tried to get it up and running??

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hmm. What version of Mediaportal do you use? I suspect 1.7Pre? OnlineVideos 1.8 does not support MP 1.7.

[2014-03-07 19:34:23,993] [Error ] [52 ] [ERROR] - [OnlineVideos] Filen eller assemblyen 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Core.dll' eller en af dens afhængigheder kunne ikke indlæses. Denne assembly kan ikke indlæses, da den er bygget af en kørsel, der er nyere end den kørsel, som aktuelt er indlæst.
    ved OnlineVideos.Sites.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.BrowserForm..ctor(String connectorType, String videoInfo, String userName, String password)
    ved OnlineVideos.Sites.WebAutomation.BrowserHost.Program.Main(String[] args)

But I can be wrong, please provide full logs. I's very easy to do so, just follow these instructions: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/18_Contribute/2_Testing_and_Bug_Reports/WatchDog .
    Pick Report a Bug to a Plugin Developer or Skin Designer in the watchdog and repeat the problem.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have seen problems with MP 1.6 as well today - it seems the .net 4.0 switch is needed and some other things due to the BrowserHost referencing MP Core and Remote dlls.
    I will be gone for a week so maybe you can ask Jason and Brownard to take a look at it with MP 1.6 or better 1.7 right away.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I can confirm browerplayer does not work with MP 1.6. My "production" system is 1.5 and dev also because of backwards compability.
    @offbyone OnlineVideos.WebAutomation.BrowserHost has references to core and remoteplugins and in MP 1.6 they are built with .net 4.0, is this the problem?

Edit... man your fast!!! ;)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After the upgrade to .net 4.0 I also get some log4net and other execpetions in the log.

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    But some good news @zekaja , I just watched a movie (in mp 1.5..) through this site and it actually works rather well although not the same seamless and smooth quality experience as the native player. But you can't have it all... So just wait for MP 1.7 and OV 1.8.1.0 and you are ready to go (edit: I hope).[DOUBLEPOST=1394232417][/DOUBLEPOST]
    maybe you can ask Jason and Brownard to take a look at it with MP 1.6 or better 1.7 right away.
    Ok I'll do that.

Last edited:

zekaja

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2010
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @offbyone and @Ministerk ... Fantastic News :)

Been waitin´for years to implement viaplay into mediaportal, so a little wait longer doesen´t hurt.
    Thanks again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom