[Finished] - ViewModeSwitcher for 1.4.0 | Page 11

Discussion in 'Area 51 - Testing Area' started by Owlsroost, June 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat Clark

Pat Clark Portal Pro

Retired
    Ratings:
    +34 / 2
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    Trying again.

4th time is the charm.[DOUBLEPOST=1377796889][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Can you clarify the order of actions, and the source of the info, in the plugin's process?

I'm thinking I cannot properly specify the two 4:3 SD cases on a 16:9 TV. Case 1: "real" 4:3 image. Case 2: 16:9 image in a 4:3 box, plus additional crap near the bottom. (The problem channels require a cable-card to be delivered in 16:9 true HD.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: August 29, 2013
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Der_Bub
    • Premium Supporter

Der_Bub MP Donator

Ratings:
    +60 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    THANKS, it works withe recording!

Hopefully all other are still working as aspected!

No messages, are good messages --> everything runs fine ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Owlsroost
    • Team MediaPortal

Owlsroost Development Group

Ratings:
    +4,131 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    See https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/viewmodeswitcher-for-1-4-0.119781/#post-1003572 and http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ew/1.5.x/Config_Tool_Changes/ViewModeSwitcher

It first compares the video aspect ratio and frame size against the 'normal' rules (the ones with positive AR values), in order from top to bottom of the list - and stops searching at the first rule that matches.

Then it does the BB detection, which is used to control both the simple black bar cropping, and to determine a 'real' (with BBs ignored) picture AR and size - which is then compared against the 'special' rules (the ones with negative AR values) to check if any of those match - if one does then the view mode in that rule is applied (and the simple cropping is not used).

Attached is a simple 'All Video' rule set for generating logs - please use it and attach the MediaPortal.log

Attached Files:

Last edited: August 29, 2013
  5. Pat Clark

Pat Clark Portal Pro

Retired
    Ratings:
    +34 / 2
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs

No effect seen. As a check, I reset the zoom to Normal manually, and saw no "shift" in the image.

Log and screen shot attached. The tuning would have been to Science Channel at the end of the log.

FYI: I am not using MP 1.5, but a late 1.4, with the manually installed version early in this thread.
    ===========================
    This is bizarre. After I took the screenshot, built the zip file, wrote the above, etc. etc., I turned around and the video was still playing, but zoomed in properly!! (That would have been several minutes, but my back was turned, so I don't really know when it happened. I would guess no less than one minute.)

So, I have reloaded the log file.

Attached Files:

Last edited: August 30, 2013
  6. vuego
    • Team MediaPortal

vuego Documentation Group

Alchemist, Astrobiologist, Exotic dancer
    Ratings:
    +870 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Pat Clark

Pat Clark Portal Pro

Retired
    Ratings:
    +34 / 2
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    I looked at the logs and saw that the symmetry check was failing. Apparently, the image is not centered. I raised symmetry to 20% (and max crop to 20% as well), and almost everything is working much better.

However, I cannot get the black level thresholds to behave as I would expect. I raised the two thresholds to 255, and still half of the small logo persists. It's certainly nowhere near 25% of the width of the screen, and no pixel is greater than 255 in brightness. So it should be cropped, right? Does the overscan affect this logic? It's at the defaults.

8. Owlsroost
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +4,131 / 1
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    The cropping always uses the smallest of the detected top/bottom bar sizes as the vertical crop size (and the smallest of left/right for the horizontal crop size).

So if the top bar is smaller than the bottom bar it won't fully remove the bottom bar, and from the log - "Detected BB -> left: 1, right: 1, top: 56, bottom: 65" - that is the case.

9. Owlsroost
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +4,131 / 1
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Which version of the plugin are you using ?

I ask because of these entries in the logs:

Code (Text):
    1. [2013-08-30 10:15:37,683] [Log  ] [31     ] [DEBUG] - ViewModeSwitcher: OnVideoReceived()
    2. [2013-08-30 10:15:37,685] [Log  ] [31     ] [DEBUG] - ViewModeSwitcher: OnVideoReceived() AR:1.333333, LastAR:0
    3. [2013-08-30 10:15:37,690] [Log  ] [31     ] [INFO ] - ViewModeSwitcher: Rule "4:3" fits conditions.
    ...but the is no Rule "4:3" in the settings file....

10. Owlsroost
    • Team MediaPortal

Ratings:
    +4,131 / 1
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs

Maybe:

"If ticked - when no rule matches the video aspect ratio and frame size, the Fallback ZoomMode and Fallback overscan settings are used (and Black Bar detection is disabled)."

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  11. Pat Clark

Pat Clark Portal Pro

Retired
    Ratings:
    +34 / 2
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    First, thanks for all your help. And congratulations on a programming tour-de-force.

But I believe there is a discrepancy in the default AR ranges of SD vs HD between the top portion and the pillar box section. There is a gap between them in the upper section, but not in the lower section.

It so happens I have some DVDs that are aspect ratio 1.5, which "fell through" the rules and landed in the fallback rule. This was fixed by closing the gap in the upper section.

Also, do you intend that NonLinearStretch be added to the zoom drop-down? I like it and have added it to the .xml file with a text editor. It seems to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!