[Finished] ViewModeSwitcher for 1.4.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
April 25, 2012
Wisconsin
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Trying again.

4th time is the charm.[DOUBLEPOST=1377796889][/DOUBLEPOST]
You must have a rule which enables BB detection - it defaults to 'disabled' otherwise. You can make an 'accept anything' rule if you need to - just set the min and max values for AR and H/V sizes to cover all possible values, and enable continuous BB detection in it (and view mode to 'Normal' i.e. do nothing).

Can you clarify the order of actions, and the source of the info, in the plugin's process?

I'm thinking I cannot properly specify the two 4:3 SD cases on a 16:9 TV. Case 1: "real" 4:3 image. Case 2: 16:9 image in a 4:3 box, plus additional crap near the bottom. (The problem channels require a cable-card to be delivered in 16:9 true HD.)

Attachments

• MediaPortal.zip
    28.6 KB
Last edited:

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've tried the file - after remuxing it back to a .ts file - using MP 1.5.0 and it works perfectly with LAV and MS-DTV video decoders (I don't have PDVD12 available to try at the moment) on Win 8 with Intel HD3000 GPU. The version of VMS in 1.5.0 should be identical to the latest version posted in this thread.

All I did was modify the default settings to enable continuous BB detect for all the HD rules - my settings attached. Also the manual aspect ratio/view mode selection in MP works OK with the file.

Have you tried it with a different video decoder e.g. LAV ?

THANKS, it works withe recording!

Hopefully all other are still working as aspected!

No messages, are good messages --> everything runs fine ;)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can you clarify the order of actions, and the source of the info, in the plugin's process?

See https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/viewmodeswitcher-for-1-4-0.119781/#post-1003572 and http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ew/1.5.x/Config_Tool_Changes/ViewModeSwitcher

It first compares the video aspect ratio and frame size against the 'normal' rules (the ones with positive AR values), in order from top to bottom of the list - and stops searching at the first rule that matches.

Then it does the BB detection, which is used to control both the simple black bar cropping, and to determine a 'real' (with BBs ignored) picture AR and size - which is then compared against the 'special' rules (the ones with negative AR values) to check if any of those match - if one does then the view mode in that rule is applied (and the simple cropping is not used).

Attached is a simple 'All Video' rule set for generating logs - please use it and attach the MediaPortal.log

Attachments

• All_Vid_testing_rules.zip
      788 bytes
    Last edited:

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Attached is a simple 'All Video' rule set for generating logs - please use it and attach the MediaPortal.log

No effect seen. As a check, I reset the zoom to Normal manually, and saw no "shift" in the image.

Log and screen shot attached. The tuning would have been to Science Channel at the end of the log.

FYI: I am not using MP 1.5, but a late 1.4, with the manually installed version early in this thread.
    ===========================
    This is bizarre. After I took the screenshot, built the zip file, wrote the above, etc. etc., I turned around and the video was still playing, but zoomed in properly!! (That would have been several minutes, but my back was turned, so I don't really know when it happened. I would guess no less than one minute.)

So, I have reloaded the log file.

Attachments

• MediaPortal (2).zip
      477.7 KB
    • MediaPortal (3).zip
      97.4 KB
    Last edited:

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I looked at the logs and saw that the symmetry check was failing. Apparently, the image is not centered. I raised symmetry to 20% (and max crop to 20% as well), and almost everything is working much better.

However, I cannot get the black level thresholds to behave as I would expect. I raised the two thresholds to 255, and still half of the small logo persists. It's certainly nowhere near 25% of the width of the screen, and no pixel is greater than 255 in brightness. So it should be cropped, right? Does the overscan affect this logic? It's at the defaults.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    The cropping always uses the smallest of the detected top/bottom bar sizes as the vertical crop size (and the smallest of left/right for the horizontal crop size).

So if the top bar is smaller than the bottom bar it won't fully remove the bottom bar, and from the log - "Detected BB -> left: 1, right: 1, top: 56, bottom: 65" - that is the case.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    FYI: I am not using MP 1.5, but a late 1.4, with the manually installed version early in this thread.
    ===========================
    This is bizarre. After I took the screenshot, built the zip file, wrote the above, etc. etc., I turned around and the video was still playing, but zoomed in properly!! (That would have been several minutes, but my back was turned, so I don't really know when it happened. I would guess no less than one minute.)

So, I have reloaded the log file.

Which version of the plugin are you using ?

I ask because of these entries in the logs:

Code:
    [2013-08-30 10:15:37,683] [Log	] [31	  ] [DEBUG] - ViewModeSwitcher: OnVideoReceived()
    [2013-08-30 10:15:37,685] [Log	] [31	  ] [DEBUG] - ViewModeSwitcher: OnVideoReceived() AR:1.333333, LastAR:0
    [2013-08-30 10:15:37,690] [Log	] [31	  ] [INFO ] - ViewModeSwitcher: Rule "4:3" fits conditions.

...but the is no Rule "4:3" in the settings file....

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Owlsroost, there is one more section on the Wiki that is missing an explanation - Use fallback rule if no match found. Do you know a good way to describe this option?

Maybe:

"If ticked - when no rule matches the video aspect ratio and frame size, the Fallback ZoomMode and Fallback overscan settings are used (and Black Bar detection is disabled)."

Pat Clark

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Home Country
    Maybe:

"If ticked - when no rule matches the video aspect ratio and frame size, the Fallback ZoomMode and Fallback overscan settings are used (and Black Bar detection is disabled)."

First, thanks for all your help. And congratulations on a programming tour-de-force.

But I believe there is a discrepancy in the default AR ranges of SD vs HD between the top portion and the pillar box section. There is a gap between them in the upper section, but not in the lower section.

It so happens I have some DVDs that are aspect ratio 1.5, which "fell through" the rules and landed in the fallback rule. This was fixed by closing the gap in the upper section.

Also, do you intend that NonLinearStretch be added to the zoom drop-down? I like it and have added it to the .xml file with a text editor. It seems to work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom