[Finished] ViewModeSwitcher for 1.4.0 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    2.35 movie | 2.2 | 2.45 | 1 | 9999 | 1 | 9999 | Zoom 14to9 | Overscan 8 | True

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    One other thing (for better understanding): A 21:9 Movie within 16:9 is zoomed to 14:9 . It's fine for me, but I don't now which rule/function is responsible for it (because I don't have any rules with 14:9)?!

Assuming that this is 21:9 inside 16:9 video ('letterboxed' 21:9):

I think you are just seeing the cropping (black bar removal) working - if 'Max crop' is enabled, it will try and remove as much of the black bars as possible, but will not allow more than 12.5% of the 'good' picture to be cropped. 'Zoom14to9' is actually just an overall 12.5% zoom, so it will look the same in this case i.e. the cropping gives a +12.5% zoom of the picture.

Last edited:

fredflintstone

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2004
    Nice, but the "F4" button does not work :( everytime I press F4 it shows only "manual". I mapped F4 to ACTION_TOOGLE_AUTOCROP and it does not switch from "off" to "on" (manual to auto) :-(

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Nice, but the "F4" button does not work :( everytime I press F4 it shows only "manual". I mapped F4 to ACTION_TOOGLE_AUTOCROP and it does not switch from "off" to "on" (manual to auto) :-(

You shouldn't need to map it - F4 is already mapped 'out of the box' in MP to ACTION_TOOGLE_AUTOCROP, so if you have added another mapping it may be being triggered twice (which means it would never actually change).

If you set the MP log level to 'debug', there should be messages like "ViewModeSwitcher: auto crop ON" and "ViewModeSwitcher: auto crop OFF" in MediaPortal.log when you hit F4.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Bug found, if you press delete rule again after the last rule was allready deleted the plugin crashes.

Edit: Second bug found when you load the default settings from the thread. AR ratio has no "." so 1.2 apears as 12 and it is not working. Changing it to 1,2 using "," and it works.

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Edit: Second bug found when you load the default settings from the thread. AR ratio has no "." so 1.2 apears as 12 and it is not working. Changing it to 1,2 using "," and it works.

I can't reproduce the problem - could this be some sort of weird language related issue - the relevant part of the parsing code is:

Code:
    		  tmpRule.ARFrom =
    			(float)
    			Convert.ToDouble(reader.GetValueAsString(ViewModeSwitcherSectionName, ParmRulePrefix + i + "ARFrom", "0"));
    		  tmpRule.ARTo =
    			(float)
    			Convert.ToDouble(reader.GetValueAsString(ViewModeSwitcherSectionName, ParmRulePrefix + i + "ARTo", "0"));

This is using (AFAIK) the standard MP xml file reader methods, and I haven't changed that part of the code from the original VMS. Anyone else seeing this problem/have any thoughts about it ?

(I'll fix the crashing problem when there are no settings to delete)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The problem was, that viewmode switcher was completely not working when i first started using it after install of MP 1.4.
    I deleted all the rules, that's when i found the other issue. :)
    I used the import function to load default settings and it was still not working. And then i saw the AR issue.
    Your right it must be a language issue. The import file with default settings contain "." (English) and "our" seperator is "," (Dutch).

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    The problem was, that viewmode switcher was completely not working when i first started using it after install of MP 1.4.
    I deleted all the rules, that's when i found the other issue. :)
    I used the import function to load default settings and it was still not working. And then i saw the AR issue.
    Your right it must be a language issue. The import file with default settings contain "." (English) and "our" seperator is "," (Dutch).

Can you do an 'export settings' and attach the file please ?

Also, can you delete the 'ViewModeSwitcher2.xml' in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal, and then open up VMS config - does it show the default settings (for a 16:9 screen) correctly ? (they are re-created internally if the .xml file doesn't exist).

If you then hit OK and OK (to exit config), it should create a new 'ViewModeSwitcher2.xml' file - can you attach that please ?

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Attached:
    - My settings (i think NonLinearStretch should be default)
    - ViewModeSwitcher2.xml (your test: new created after deleting it)
    - Your default settings
    - Settings after import of your default settings.

I don't know if deleting the xml proves that defaults when install of MP are correct, but i still believe it was not working before but cannot test that without doing reinstall.

Attachments

• VMStest.zip
      3.5 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom