[Finished] ViewModeSwitcher for 1.4.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Thanks for the files - not sure about the best way of fixing it yet.....

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I'm trying to use this plugin, but I do not understand exactly what it should do.. What I expected was something simmilair to I.F.C. So if there are black bars on the screen, the plugin will automaticly resize it.. For now, the plugin seems to do nothing with the default settings enabled.. Can someone explain me this a bit? Than I can do some more testing.. :)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Marcel, your from Holland too. Please read my messages above.

Hi Wouter,

thanks! Actually I readed the whole topic allready as I Always try to do before asking for help.. ;) What I was trying to do was to play a 4:3 SD file in the hope that it would been played on the whole screen (16:9). With the default settings it didn't, and also after making some changes, nothing happend..

But now I'm using you settings file (Settings_23-06-2013.VmsSettings) from a few posts above, and now it's working!!!!! Really cool, and it's working a lot better than I.F.C. worked in the past..

Thanks a lot for sharing your settings! :) I will do some more tests for playing live tv aswell..

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    New version added here - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/viewmodeswitcher-for-1-4-0.119781/#post-1003573

This has several bug fixes and new default settings for 21:9 video, but in order to fix the system language problem with the 'AR To' and 'AR From' settings, I've had to break backward compatibility for those settings with the first version. This means that the new version will load your old settings, but all the 'AR To' and 'AR From' fields will be reset to default values so please make a note of the old AR values before you update to v2. Alternatively completely restore to defaults using the new (v2) default settings files and then recreate your old settings.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Works as designed! No problems seen sofar. One recommendation is better default settings then 14:9 on most. That gives better out of the box experience instead of some hardly noticeable 14:9 experience.
    Thanks for the work Owlsroost. 4:3 in pillar boxes works great too. No need for IFC anymore for me.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Attached:
    - My settings (i think NonLinearStretch should be default)
    - ViewModeSwitcher2.xml (your test: new created after deleting it)
    - Your default settings
    - Settings after import of your default settings.

I don't know if deleting the xml proves that defaults when install of MP are correct, but i still believe it was not working before but cannot test that without doing reinstall.

Oh its totaly new for me, bevor MP v1.4 i use IFC and it works fine for me now, i search for another tool to kill my black bars. So i was here and i will try this plugin. What exactly must i do to use the settings from you ? So after i put the dll from here to plugins and open it in MP Config i go to Import and load your settings ?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Works as designed! No problems seen sofar. One recommendation is better default settings then 14:9 on most. That gives better out of the box experience instead of some hardly noticeable 14:9 experience.
    Thanks for the work Owlsroost. 4:3 in pillar boxes works great too. No need for IFC anymore for me.

No problem to have more than one set of 'recommended' settings files available - if you can post your settings for 16:9 and 4:3 screens I'll add the files to the 3rd post.

I don't like or use NonLinearStretch (I prefer some black bars to distorted pictures), but I know other people do....:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom