[Finished] ViewModeSwitcher for 1.4.0 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think there is no more reason to use IFC anymore. Pitty but it was not maintained anymore.

The main reason for doing this was to bring VMS up-to-date (it hasn't been touched for three years). IFC is a more configurable plugin, so hopefully that will get updated to work with 1.4.0 and people will use whichever they prefer.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think there is no more reason to use IFC anymore. Pitty but it was not maintained anymore.

The main reason for doing this was to bring VMS up-to-date (it hasn't been touched for three years). IFC is a more configurable plugin, so hopefully that will get updated to work with 1.4.0 and people will use whichever they prefer.

I like officialy supported plugins ;)

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Owlsroost, just today installed basic 1.4.0. + your updated videomodeswitcher. And i had a problem which i have seen before in the past. When you put the LiveTV playback on pause and leave it for about 15min or so and press playback/pause again it get's into a slow motion and cannot recover out of it by jumping forward or backward. Have to stop/start timeshift to recover. Can you check this? I will try to provide logs.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Hi Owlsroost, just today installed basic 1.4.0. + your updated videomodeswitcher. And i had a problem which i have seen before in the past. When you put the LiveTV playback on pause and leave it for about 15min or so and press playback/pause again it get's into a slow motion and cannot recover out of it by jumping forward or backward. Have to stop/start timeshift to recover. Can you check this? I will try to provide logs.

Does this only happen with VMS enabled ?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Feature Request can you add the following field to the rules based system

At the end:
    Post Processing (tickbox) [On/Off]

With the above you can do some really neat things that improve PQ a lot.
    I have some really good ideas, but need above features.
    Personally I would have about 20+ rules, so the ability to import/export is A++++

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Feature Request can you add the following field to the rules based system At the end: Post Processing (tickbox) [On/Off]

AFAIK, the post-processing on/off would have to be done at the graph building stage - VMS only knows what's happening when the video actually starts playing, which is too late. You would have to add 'rules' parsing etc to the post-processing code somehow - VMS is the wrong place I think....

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ahh that's fine. If I had an AMD6XXX+ then I could just have ffdshow sitting at the end of the graph with a bunch of rules inside it. My HTPC has an AMD HD4670 (No DXVA Copyback), so having it at the end of graph means no DXVA.

ThreepH

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for this plugin!
    The only thing I miss from I.F.C is the ability to change the view modes by remote, besides that, I am absolutely happy :)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Thanks for this plugin!
    The only thing I miss from I.F.C is the ability to change the view modes by remote, besides that, I am absolutely happy :)

You can do that during play - just use the normal MP method to change view mode (aspect ratio) e.g. hit F9 to bring up the context menu, then select 'Change aspect ratio'.

VMS detects that you have changed it manually, and will not change it back automatically (until play stops or the video size/AR changes).

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom