[Finished] ViewModeSwitcher for 1.4.0 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Also, do you intend that NonLinearStretch be added to the zoom drop-down? I like it and have added it to the .xml file with a text editor. It seems to work.

It should be in the drop-down list - note the list is compiled when the plugin is started from the enabled TV zoom modes - http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ion/MediaPortal_Configuration/22_TV/2_TV_Zoom - so if NonLinearStretch isn't enabled it won't appear in the list (this is basically a quirk/feature carried over from the original version).

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Owlsroost. I have a question. I don't see the blackbar detection working on 21:9 within 16:9 picture modus. It works if it is a real 21:9, but a fake 21:9 (within a 16:9 frame) black bar detection+zooming to fullscreen is not working. Or can you post the correct settings for that?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Owlsroost. I have a question. I don't see the blackbar detection working on 21:9 within 16:9 picture modus. It works if it is a real 21:9, but a fake 21:9 (within a 16:9 frame) black bar detection+zooming to fullscreen is not working. Or can you post the correct settings for that?

Please enable the verbose logging option, play the file and attach the MediaPortal.log

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Owlsroost, see attached logfile. I can see that is sees the blackbars and it detects it as 21:9 inside 16:9. But i cannot see that it zooms in on the picture then to make it fullscreen.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Hi Owlsroost, see attached logfile. I can see that is sees the blackbars and it detects it as 21:9 inside 16:9. But i cannot see that it zooms in on the picture then to make it fullscreen.

It's not doing anything because in your '21:9 inside 16:9' rule the ViewMode is 'Normal' (do nothing).

The 'x:x inside y:y' rules are special - if one of them matches, BB cropping is disabled and it just applies the ViewMode setting - it doesn't crop AND apply the ViewMode. That is actually the reason for having the 'special' rules.

So you either need to change the viewmode to one of the zoom modes, or disable the rule and let it do normal BB cropping instead.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok Owlsroost, i checked it and your correct. But i also checked with viewmode "Zoom" and that does not work on a fake 21:9. So the special rule gets applied but the zooming is 0%, instead 14:9 zoom is zooming 14:9 as promissed that's why i found out that there is something wrong with the zoommode.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Yes, the '14:9 Zoom' is a simple 'zoom in' (so it will do something with any picture) but most of the other zoom modes are aspect ratio sensitive, so they don't always do what you think they should - see http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/14_Using_MediaPortal/1_Videos/3_Video_Zoom_Modes

This is a limitation of the way the zoom modes are implemented, not ViewModeSwitcher.

You could disable the '21:9 inside 16:9' rule and increase the 'MaxCrop limit' (in advanced settings) to allow more of the the top/bottom bars to be cropped instead.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi, I have 2 questions:
    • ist it possible the restrict ViewModeSwitcher only to TV? I do not want to use it for videos/movies (like IFC had the checkbox)
    • can I deactivate overscan correction compltetely? I added "0" to every rule for overscan, but still have the feeling that VMS still apply it (small zoom jump of the picture)
    Thank you in advance and excuse me if these were already answered questions

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, I have 2 questions:
    • ist it possible the restrict ViewModeSwitcher only to TV? I do not want to use it for videos/movies (like IFC had the checkbox)
    • can I deactivate overscan correction compltetely? I added "0" to every rule for overscan, but still have the feeling that VMS still apply it (small zoom jump of the picture)
    Thank you in advance and excuse me if these were already answered questions

Please check advanced settings for the answers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom