ViewModeSwitcher plugin (Version 0.3) (1 Viewer)

Mantis

Portal Member
January 31, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
had some trouble with this plugin early (bad installation) but did a fresh 1.0.2 and it works great.
I too have Danish tv, would it be possible for you jonaskp to post your settings?

I have experienced that when using this plugin my cropping settings are ignored until I enter the crop menu and change a setting, then the settings are reactivated.

Thanks
Mantis

mitschke

Portal Member
June 15, 2008
Aachen
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi everyone,
is there a possibility to get an basic set of rules :) I do have problems to understand the settings.
maybe some basic rules for 4:3 (CRT) displays and 16:9 (LCD) displays.

boombastic

Portal Pro
November 17, 2007
I cannot manage the plugin to work!

These are my settings:

ImageShack

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/5169/immaginekiv.png

if i play a tv episode of exactly 512x288 it remains in the "normal" zoom mode which is the default one i choosed in the Video Section.
Besides this no message is displayed even i f i enabled the option "show message when rule is applied".

I use ffdshow or Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 decoder, the 0.3.1 version of the plugin and Mediaportal 1.0.2.

Many thanks for your work and your help!

TechLife

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 19, 2008
    Denver, CO
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I compiled my own version of MP from the SVN r22732

After loading MP, I noticed that VMS was not working when I chose content that one of my previous rules applied to. I exited out, went into the plug-in configuration and found that all of my rules had been deleted. I imported them from my backup & they showed fine. I exited configuration then went back in to make sure they were still there and they were. I then loaded MP, played the same content as before and nothing. I went back into configuration and found that my rules had been deleted again!

No matter what I have tried, every time I load MP, my rules are deleted. The WAF of my system totally depends on this plug-in working. I'm using the SVN because the pause/screensaver issue has been resolved (among other things) so she doesn't cook my plasma.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!!!! :D

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    If your video is 512x288 then aspect ratio is 1.77 to 1.78 and not 1.33 to 1.34.

not always. This is only the resolution (storage aspect ratio, SAR). Says nothing about aspect ratios. What you mentioned is the display aspect ratio (DAR). Video files have a flag which defines the display aspect ratio = how the picture must look like (eg 4:3, 16:9, 21:9 or other non-standard DARs). A video file or TV stream can have different pixel aspect ratios (PAR) is a calculated derivate of DAR and resolution.

PAR=DAR/SAR e.g. 16:9 anamorphic PAL DVD 1,422=16:9/720:576

I guess this plugin looks for the DAR.
    And as I tested this plugin is active also if I watch video files (not recorded or live TV = .ts) so it must be properly setup for problematic and strange aspect ratios.

Here are some examples I watch from Astra 19,2°E:
    720*576 with 16:9 => PAR 1,422, DAR 1,78
    720*576 with DAR 4:3 => PAR 1,067 DAR 1,33
    544*567 with DAR 4:3 => PAR 1,411 DAR 1,33
    1920*1080 with DAR 16:9 => PAR 1,0 DAR 1,78

DivX films are mainly converted with PAR 1,0. This is not optimal as vertical resolution is sacrifized. If you stick to PAR 1,0 (I guess because DVD player compatibility), you have 3 possibilities to encode a 16:9 PAL DVD:
    1. 720*405, PAR 1,0: you loose vertical resolution (405 is not possible, not to devide with 8)
    2. 1024*576 PAR 1,0: you have your full resolution but big file becasue of the horizontal extrapolation
    3. 720*576, PAR 1,422: optimal, full resolution, small file, maybe standalone Player cannot cope with it

and if you crop a letterboxed 21:9 (cinemascope) PAL DVD with 16:9 DAR (anamorph), keep PAR, you get a video:
    720*216 px, DAR 21:9=2,33 , PAR 1,4222

excuse me please for playing "smart-arse" here, this post is only for better understanding.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Still having problems to get letterbox detection to work properly. What I often discover on darker scenes (they are far from beeing black in the areas that are set to being tested by the plugin) is a switch forth and back between the letterbox and non-letterbox mode.

Any ideas?
    grubi.

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I compiled my own version of MP from the SVN r22732

After loading MP, I noticed that VMS was not working when I chose content that one of my previous rules applied to. I exited out, went into the plug-in configuration and found that all of my rules had been deleted. I imported them from my backup & they showed fine. I exited configuration then went back in to make sure they were still there and they were. I then loaded MP, played the same content as before and nothing. I went back into configuration and found that my rules had been deleted again!

No matter what I have tried, every time I load MP, my rules are deleted. The WAF of my system totally depends on this plug-in working. I'm using the SVN because the pause/screensaver issue has been resolved (among other things) so she doesn't cook my plasma.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!!!! :D

Same problem here too after installing 1.1.0 ALPHA.

Update: Found it!

In the log:
    Unable to start plugin: ProcessPlugins.ViewModeSwitcher.ViewModeSwitcher exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'TVCapture, Version=1.0.2.42496, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'TVCapture, Version=1.0.2.42496, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
    at ProcessPlugins.ViewModeSwitcher.ViewModeSwitcher.Start()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.PluginManager.Start()

Copied TVCapture.dll from previous mediaportal install to Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal and all is working again.
    Don't know why this TVCapture.dll is missing in the ALPHA version though?

famewolf

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry if this comes across as stupid....I see the example 4:3 PAL and 16:9 PAL in the 1st post. I'm in the USA so the broadcasts are NTSC (ATSC now that it's all digital for OTA?). Would I have to make changes based on that? I would like for the 4:3 broadcasts to auto zoom in on my wide screen tv.

Thanks for your time in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom