Vista MCE Remote Control VRC-1100 (1 Viewer)

Spaldo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2008
    FlashFXP Development Team
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply massimo ... Now the remote works great in MediaPortal.

I have a dual monitor setup and the remote wont work if I am working on the other monitor, so now I just have to work out how to direct the remote focus to MediaPortal.

However, I might need to look in another thread for that though. At least the remote has all the buttons now :D

geo

June 20, 2011
    Hey,

I have the same remote, managed to get most of the keys working thanks to your help.
    but I am having trouble with the info key, for some reason it seems to be assigned to right mouse click (in MP and any other program) the normal right mouse click button works normally. but this means i cant map the info button to info.

any suggestions?

Goodmane1980

Portal Member
    August 5, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, has anyone tried this keyboard remote plugin with the 1.2 beta?

I'm keen to try the beta, however I don't want to have to buy a new remote! :) Cheers.

mrceolla

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2010
    I've got this remote working satisfactorily so I thought I would share.

Attached is a zip file containing an XML configuration file for EventGhost as well as the plugin files for EventGhost. While EventGhost will install these driver files for you after you load this XML file, I seem to recall downloading an alterd set of these files, or I altered them myself to get things to work correctly. Either way I'll include them just in case.

So, download EventGhost, install, and load this XML file. Let EventGhost install the drivers for the remote. After that is completed, exit EventGhost and replace the driver files with the driver files in this zip. Place the entire contents of the Auvisio folder inside the folder of the same name in the plugins folder inside EventGhosts install location. Restart EventGhost. I suggest setting EventGhost to run when Windows loads.

In MP config, enable General HID device and keep default mappings.

Then install MessagePlugin and leave defaults.

I think that's it. You should find most of the remote's functions working. Mouse pad works. Info key works too. You can launch MP (or any other program for that matter) by pressing the Green "Start" button twice. The only think I can't figure out how to do is program it so that the "Start" button goes to MP Home when pressed inside MP. If anyone can figure that out, please let me know.

The reason the Start button needs to be programed the way it is, is so that I can launch MP with the remote. This remote doesn't work like a true Windows Media Center remote so the MP task tray thingy doesn't work. You have to use EventGhosts program launcher.

Any questions, let me know. I'll try to help.

Mike

Attachments

• vrc1100-MP.zip
      13.7 KB

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Assuming this is the same as the Hama MCE Remote (which also has VRC-1100 on the back), I have it set up in MediaPortal but it took a lot of guesswork and playing around. I'm not at the PC now but I can post the files later. The only third party application I needed was AutoHotkey_L, which lets you open MediaPortal using the Green button.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Sure, the script is this (for 64-bit Windows):

#IfWinNotExist ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2004eee
    #!Enter::Run C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe
    #IfWinActive ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2004eee
    #!Enter::ControlSend, ,H, ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2004eee
    #IfWinNotActive ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2004eee
    #!Enter::WinActivate, ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2004eee

The Green button will now open MP if it isn't running, restore it if it's minimised or in the background, or go to the Home screen if it's running in the foreground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom