Vista MCE Remote Control VRC-1100 (2 Viewers)

jacksonliam

November 13, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've got this remote working satisfactorily so I thought I would share.

Attached is a zip file containing an XML configuration file for EventGhost as well as the plugin files for EventGhost. While EventGhost will install these driver files for you after you load this XML file, I seem to recall downloading an alterd set of these files, or I altered them myself to get things to work correctly. Either way I'll include them just in case.

So, download EventGhost, install, and load this XML file. Let EventGhost install the drivers for the remote. After that is completed, exit EventGhost and replace the driver files with the driver files in this zip. Place the entire contents of the Auvisio folder inside the folder of the same name in the plugins folder inside EventGhosts install location. Restart EventGhost. I suggest setting EventGhost to run when Windows loads.

In MP config, enable General HID device and keep default mappings.

Then install MessagePlugin and leave defaults.

I think that's it. You should find most of the remote's functions working. Mouse pad works. Info key works too. You can launch MP (or any other program for that matter) by pressing the Green "Start" button twice. The only think I can't figure out how to do is program it so that the "Start" button goes to MP Home when pressed inside MP. If anyone can figure that out, please let me know.

The reason the Start button needs to be programed the way it is, is so that I can launch MP with the remote. This remote doesn't work like a true Windows Media Center remote so the MP task tray thingy doesn't work. You have to use EventGhosts program launcher.

Any questions, let me know. I'll try to help.

Mike
Thats a great file, just bought the remote from Maplin (order code: N18HC) and with a bit of fiddling that file has everything in it for an amazing HTPC experience on a really cheap remote. Just editing it to get it working with Kylo!

Liam.

Goodmane1980

Portal Member
August 5, 2011
Home Country
#IfWinNotExist ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2004eee
#!Enter::Run C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe
#IfWinActive ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2004eee
#!Enter::ControlSend, ,H, ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2004eee
#IfWinNotActive ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2004eee
#!Enter::WinActivate, ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2004eee

If you use the above code posted by dragonq earlier in this thread, that will work or at least it does for me. You just manually set the media buttons you want with the Keyboard Input plugin (you have to install this separately), then you install autohotkey and make it run the above script (e.g. by adding it to the example file made during install that is placed in my documents folder.

My actual script is as follows; note the additional line at the beginning !#Enter = Alt+Win+Enter as I think that might also be necessary to map the key correctly but I'm not 100% sure. For anybody that is still stuck, I've attached the file.

; IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT GETTING STARTED: Lines that start with a
; semicolon, such as this one, are comments. They are not executed.

; This script has a special filename and path because it is automatically
; launched when you run the program directly. Also, any text file whose
; name ends in .ahk is associated with the program, which means that it
; can be launched simply by double-clicking it. You can have as many .ahk
; files as you want, located in any folder. You can also run more than
; one ahk file simultaneously and each will get its own tray icon.

; SAMPLE HOTKEYS: Below are two sample hotkeys. The first is Win+Z and it
; launches a web site in the default browser. The second is Control+Alt+N
; and it launches a new Notepad window (or activates an existing one). To
; try out these hotkeys, run AutoHotkey again, which will load this file.

#z::Run AutoHotkey - Free Mouse and Keyboard Macro Program with Hotkeys and AutoText

!#Enter = Alt+Win+Enter

#IfWinNotExist ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2004eee
#!Enter::Run C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe
#IfWinActive ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2004eee
#!Enter::ControlSend, ,H, ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2004eee
#IfWinNotActive ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2004eee
#!Enter::WinActivate, ahk_class WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.2004eee

; Note: From now on whenever you run AutoHotkey directly, this script
; will be loaded. So feel free to customize it to suit your needs.

; Please read the QUICK-START TUTORIAL near the top of the help file.
; It explains how to perform common automation tasks such as sending
; keystrokes and mouse clicks. It also explains more about hotkeys.

Attachments

• AutoHotkey.zip
    926 bytes

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
The info button on this remote is just a right-click command so I doubt it'll ever be able to be remapped to provide "info" without losing right-click ability.

mrceolla

Portal Pro
December 11, 2010
Ah, well then I believe my solution is better, for me at least. With the EventGhost solution I posted about earlier, my Info button works as it should. How else would you delete recorded TV or a movie? I use the Info button a lot. Although I never use right-click in MP, I just tested and it appears to still work as expected. Right-click also still works as expected outside of MP.

The only thing I haven't figured out how to achieve is to have the Start button go to the MP home page when pressed inside of MP. I know EventGhost can alter button behavior depending on which window is active but I haven't gotten around to figuring that out yet. I can still get to the home screen pretty easily with a few presses of the arrow buttons to highlight the Home button on the top of the screen (StreamedMP).

I highly recommend the EventGhost method. Launching any program you want via the Start button is also a nice plus. But to each his/her own.

Best wishes.

macwindows

December 16, 2011
mrceolla,

Your method works perfect with this remote. Moreover I could able to run Harmony One by selecting Orkut 1100 model and it works perfect. Did you figure out for Start button to home screen?

Thanks

mrceolla

Portal Pro
December 11, 2010
macwindows,

I'm glad it works well for you. Unfortunately, I have not had time to fiddle with the Start button issue. Too many other little projects with higher priority, especially since I can get to the Home screen rather quickly with a few presses of the arrow keys to get to the onscreen Home button. As I stated in my previous post, I'm pretty sure EventGhost can be setup to allow for this. Instead of mapping the button directly to a MP function or the on-screen menu function (as it is now), you need to map it to a new EventGhost 'event' or 'function' to evaluates something or another to determine if MP is the active window or program. LOL, sorry but I forget the EventGhost terminology. If you have the time and enjoy tinkering, I encourage you to give it a shot. You'll learn to appreciate the power of EventGhost. I'll get to it eventually but it won't be for a while.

Enjoy!

MMTV24

May 19, 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thank you for sharing your XML file for Event Ghost. It's working perfectly!

Does anyone know how to set up the Previous Channel function with the Ortek VRC-1100.

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi

I have this VRC-1100 remote and cannot for the life of me get the pause and start button to work - everything else is fine. I've tried remapping the button in Keyboard input plugin with no effect - the plugin recognises it on set up but when I then save the remap and load up MP, it seems to have not recognised/picked up the remap. I have the 'use general HID device' ticked in the remote section of MP config, but even with this not ticked the remote works fine but just without the pause and start button working.

Any help greatly appreciated

edit: I note that fiddling around with the keyboard file in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings makes a difference. ie deleting the file disables most buttons on the remote, then when pasting it back in the buttons work again. Does anyone know a quick code code change in this file that would make play/pause work on live tv and also start button to activate MP?

Attachments

• Keyboard.xml
      13.1 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom