Vista MCE Remote Control VRC-1100 (1 Viewer)

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    thake this, centarea.xml
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/remote-hama-mce.59700/#post-480044
    place it under,C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\
    go to mp.-config./remote, turn the Sceneo / centarea on.

for the green start button,
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...utton-auf-der-mce-zb.59145/page-5#post-649254

Thanks for the tips, but neither worked.

When watching TV pressing play or pause does nothing. However I have a keyboard plugged in and space bar pauses.

Really frustrating for me, any further ideas?

also, I have 3 clients around the house, all different spec pcs but same MP 1.2.3 version and VRC 1100 remote and all have the same issue.

Last edited:

diskeeper

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    actually this should work.

did you also put the correct directory?
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\
    not
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\
    is already confused times.
    all other remotes also turn off?

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    actually this should work.

did you also put the correct directory?
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\
    not
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\InputDeviceMappings\
    is already confused times.
    all other remotes also turn off?

ok, fantastic news (for me) I checked everything and everything was fine apart from keyboard input plugin was enabled and so I disabled it and your solution worked!

I can now Play and Pause!

Thanks a bunch for the file and responding!!!!!!

edit: I still cant get the green start button to start MP, I've followed the instructions, any further tips?

edit 2: when actually in MP start button works as a 'home' button

Any tips greatly appreciated

Last edited:

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    I use AutoHotkey for that. I define the green Start button on the remote such that it starts/restores MediaPortal if it's closed/minimised, and acts as normal if MediaPortal has focus. This will fail though if MediaPortal is closed but the process is still running (happens sometimes, guess it's a bug). Because of this, I use a batch file in combination with AutoHotkey to ensure any MediaPortal process is exited before starting a new instance. This is the AutoHotkey script I use:

Code:
    #!+Enter::
    IfWinNotExist, MediaPortal
    Run C:\HTPC Stuff\KILL and START MediaPortal.bat
    Else
    {
    IfWinNotActive
    WinActivate
    Else
    Send {h}
    Return
    }

This is the batch file it's pointing to:

Code:
    @echo off
    TASKKILL /F /IM "MediaPortal.exe" > NUL
    ping 0.0.0.0 -n 1 -w 300 > NUL
    START "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe"

It's probably possible to do it using EventGhost too, might look into that at some point since I use EventGhost for other things anyway.

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    I use AutoHotkey for that. I define the green Start button on the remote such that it starts/restores MediaPortal if it's closed/minimised, and acts as normal if MediaPortal has focus. This will fail though if MediaPortal is closed but the process is still running (happens sometimes, guess it's a bug). Because of this, I use a batch file in combination with AutoHotkey to ensure any MediaPortal process is exited before starting a new instance. This is the AutoHotkey script I use:

Code:
    Run C:\HTPC Stuff\KILL and START MediaPortal.bat
    Else
    {
    IfWinNotActive
    WinActivate
    Else
    Send {h}
    Return
    }

This is the batch file it's pointing to:

Code:
    @echo off
    TASKKILL /F /IM "MediaPortal.exe" > NUL
    ping 0.0.0.0 -n 1 -w 300 > NUL
    START "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe"

It's probably possible to do it using EventGhost too, might look into that at some point since I use EventGhost for other things anyway.

Awesome, I have downloaded AHK, would you be as kind as to provide step by step instruction in terms of how and where to insert said code above?[DOUBLEPOST=1402768287][/DOUBLEPOST]

Also, does this feature also wake computer from sleep?

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    You might be able to use it to wake the computer from sleep, after all you can set Windows to wake on any keyboard press. My remote has a power button though so I've never tried to use it for that.

First make the batch file by opening Notepad and copying & pasting the code above to the file. Go to File -> Save and make sure you select the "file type" to be "All files". Make sure you give the file a .bat extension. To apply the AutoHotkey script, open the program and go to File -> Edit Script. Copy & paste the script I provided into that file, then edit the batch file name to match whatever you called it on your system. Save the file.

mrceolla

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2010
    Using EventGhost, my green "Start" button is programmed to open a launch menu from which I launch MediaPortal. I programmed my yellow button (via EventGhost) to be my "Home" button when I am in MediaPortal.

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    You might be able to use it to wake the computer from sleep, after all you can set Windows to wake on any keyboard press. My remote has a power button though so I've never tried to use it for that.

First make the batch file by opening Notepad and copying & pasting the code above to the file. Go to File -> Save and make sure you select the "file type" to be "All files". Make sure you give the file a .bat extension. To apply the AutoHotkey script, open the program and go to File -> Edit Script. Copy & paste the script I provided into that file, then edit the batch file name to match whatever you called it on your system. Save the file.

ok, nearly there. My batch code opens MP when manually clicking on it.

Autohotkey is downloaded and in the tray with the following script

Run C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoHotkey\Extras\Scripts\KILL and START vrc1100.bat
    Else
    {
    IfWinNotActive
    WinActivate
    Else
    Send {h}~!
    Return
    }

But pressing the green start button on my vrc1100 remote does not boot MP

Am I doing something wrong?

Help greatly appreciated

Penbrock2

Portal Member
    December 18, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have a different question for this remote. I have it working great for me except for the BACK button does not do anything. It works great with WMC7.
    In the remote/mapping I do not see BACK as a WMC button to change. Can someone point me to where I can learn about mapping those buttons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom