Vista MCE Remote Control VRC-1100 (1 Viewer)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    the MP install is very basic with just the Online Videos plugin.
    I don't use that plugin. Maybe worth disabling that plugin and retesting? (Remember to re-instate the original version of the AHK file if you try this.)

I have now commented out all references to Browser Home in both the ,ahk and .ini files and the Browser Home button works from within MP without loss, as far as I can tell of any other function other than the rollback in the guides
    That is fine. I am glad that you have been able to find a solution that gives you the capabilities that you want. I don't use a web browser on my HTPC, so I was interested in being able to use the BROWSER_HOME button for other purposes.

It is irritating that we cannot solve this, but perhaps something will come to light in the future.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @CyberSimian Oh, very sorry but I only just noticed I never got back to you regarding the functionality of the script with respect to the Online Videos plugin, sadly uninstalling the plugin made no difference, so I guess it is something in Win 10/x64. No matter it is and has been working perfectly for me with the workround I mentioned in the previous post.:)
    I do have a further problem that I hope you can help me with, basically I would like to assign a button on the remote to display the "stats" from Madvr which can normally be actioned with Cntrl+j on a keyboard but when I try to map a button to the keypress with the value 10 nothing happens. Do you know if 10 ascii is really a Cntrl+j or is my info. false and if it is correct why does it not reach Madvr?
    Regards

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    when I try to map a button to the keypress with the value 10 nothing happens. Do you know if 10 ascii is really a Cntrl+j
    Are you trying to use the "MP Config" customisation for the Centarea HID, or modifying the AutoHotKey script? I don't think that the former is possible, but it should be possible to use the latter.

Some months ago I did look at the possibility of using AutoHotKey exclusively (i.e. not using the Centarea HID support), but there are some serious limitations with that approach. However, looking at my notes I see that it would be possible to customise the asterisk or hash keys in the AHK file. Note that these would be "global" customisations (applicable on all MP panels). Adapting what I had in my prototype AHK file, the following might work for you:

Code:
    ; STAR button ("*")
      numpadmult::
        sendinput {^j}
        return
    ;
    ; HASH button ("#")
    ; The "#" button generates the following sequence of keystrokes:
    ; -  press and release NUMLOCK key
    ; -  press and hold ALT key
    ; -  press and release NUMPAD3 key
    ; -  press and hold NUMPAD5 key
    ; -  release ALT key
    ; -  release NUMPAD5 key
    ; -  press and release NUMLOCK key
    ; The following changes ALT_NUMPAD3 to CTRL_J, and ignores ALT_NUMPAD5.
      !numpad3::
        sendinput {alt up}{numlock down}{numlock up}{ctrl down}{j down}
        sendinput {j up}{ctrl up}{numlock down}{numlock up}{alt down}
        return
      !numpad5::return

Note: I have not tested the above. Also, you don't need both definitions -- pick either the definition for STAR or the definition for HASH.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    Yes I was trying to do it from MP Config, I will give your AHK script a go for the * button. I have already mapped the # button successfully fo Toggle Windowed/Fullscreen.
    Many thanks

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just got round to giving your modified script a try. I used linenumbers 15-19 to change the # button to cntrl +j which works great, second choice as I did not get the other parts of the script to work for the * button but I am still able to map that via MP config. Input devices to Toggle Windowed/Fullscreen so no loss just additional functionality.:) I appied it in both MP running and not running sections. (non running for MPC-HC).
    Many thanks again.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I used linenumbers 15-19 to change the # button to cntrl +j which works great,
    Excellent! :)

second choice, as I did not get the other parts of the script to work for the * button
    Looking at this again, I think that I may have suggested the wrong syntax for the STAR button. :( I now think (but I could still be wrong :eek:) that either of the following would work:

Code:
    ; STAR button ("*")
      numpadmult::^j

or:
    Code:
    ; STAR button ("*")
      numpadmult::
        sendinput {ctrl down}{j down}{j up}{ctrl up}
        return

What I suggested in my previous post was an unsupported mixture of these two syntaxes (the"^" notation cannot be used with the "{ }" notation).

MausWiesel

Portal Member
    December 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi CyberSimian,

i'm using my freetime between xmas and new years eve to get my Hama Remote Control (00052451) to work. I was constantly struggling with this d*** f*** device for years. Now i found your thread and i will give a halleluja on this. It works fantastic. Thank you very very much.

I have the folliwing behaviour with the "browser/e" button.
    (1) When pressing without running MP -> Default browser is starting (MS Edge with start page)
    (2) When pressing with running MP (Homescreen) -> nothing happens
    (3) When pressing with running MP (TVGuide) -> actual selection is reset
    (4) When pressing with running MP (RadioGuide) -> actual selection is moved to my first radio station

Maybe the behaviour at (2) is right, because i have no browser plugin installed. So MP don't know how to handle the Wikipedia-conmand?!?

Versions:
    AHK: 1.1.24.04 (install: x64-Unicode)
    MP: 1.15.0 (install: client only)

Gesendet von meinem SM-T700 mit Tapatalk

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    (2) When pressing with running MP (Homescreen) -> nothing happens
    This looks to be the same problem that @joecrow found. The testing that he did showed that the AHK script is working correctly, so we have tentatively concluded that there is something different about Windows 10 compared to the Windows Vista that I use (the BROWSER_HOME button works as intended on my Vista system).

There is no solution to this at present. But you can implement a workaround so that the BROWSER_HOME button always acts to start the browser (this means that you could not use the BROWSER_HOME button to perform any other function). Simply comment out the parts of the AHK script that process BROWSER_HOME; put a semicolon at the start of each line:

Code:
    ;browser_home::
    ;   If (IsNativeDef("browser"))
    ;     SendInput, {browser_home}
    ;   Else
    ;   {
    ;     SendInput, {alt down}{ctrl down}{shift down}{f3 down}
    ;     SendInput, {f3 up}{shift up}{ctrl up}{alt up}
    ;   }
    ;   Return

(3) When pressing with running MP (TVGuide) -> actual selection is reset
    (4) When pressing with running MP (RadioGuide) -> actual selection is moved to my first radio station
    The XML file defines BROWSER_HOME to reset the TV and radio guides to the current time. A built-in MP function is used to achieve this, but one side effect is that the focus is moved to one of the left/right arrow icons at the top of the grid. Simply use the DOWN button to return to a cell in the grid.

Note: if you comment out the BROWSER_HOME processing as described above, BROWSER_HOME won't reset the guides any more.

MausWiesel

Portal Member
    December 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    There is no solution to this at present. But you can implement a workaround so that the BROWSER_HOME button always acts to start the browser (this means that you could not use the BROWSER_HOME button to perform any other function). Simply comment out the parts of the AHK script that process BROWSER_HOME; put a semicolon at the start of each line:

I don't need this functionality/workaround.The most important buttons of the HAMA remote are orking well. So i'm more than happy.
    For browsing we use a tablet or a notebook. It was just a note from my side, that @joecrow is not the only one with this behaviour. If there is some debugging/logging needed from my side ... just let me know.

Just one additional question/behaviour.
    When pressing the "MUTE"-button (german: STUMM-Taste), then the volume is not always set to 0. I see an effect, because the OSD of mediaportal shows up, but it's only moving the (blue) indicator of the progress bar to max an back to previous state. When pressing several times, than it happens that the volume is muted. After that, when "releasing" the volume via this button, i takes also several tries.
    It looks like, that MePo gets more than one trigger signal from this button at a very short amount of time. Can anyone confirm this behaviour?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    When pressing the "MUTE"-button, then the volume is not always set to 0. I see an effect, because the OSD of mediaportal shows up, but it's only moving the (blue) indicator of the progress bar to max an back to previous state. When pressing several times, than it happens that the volume is muted. After that, when "releasing" the volume via this button, i takes also several tries.
    I just tried this on my Vista system running MP 1.12. I notice that the MUTE button on the Ortek/Hama operates the Windows MUTE control, as well as the MP MUTE control. I ended up in the situation where I could not unmute the HTPC :( (I had to exit MP).

This is a known problem with MP, and I think that some fixes were incorporated into a more-recent release of MP than the one that I am using. I don't know what the situation is with MP 1.15 (the version that you are using). If this is a persistent problem for you, you could try modifying your Centarea HID configuration to undefine the MUTE button (allocate it the action called "Invalid"). This may work, but I don't know how it would interact with the MP fixes. :confused:

I don't normally encounter this problem, as I use a Harmony 650 universal remote control set up with the Ortek/Hama definitions, but with the VOLUME and MUTE buttons operating my Sony amplifier and not the HTPC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom