VolumeControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (2 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear alasdair,
Any news on the possibility of XP support?
since a longer time, this question doesn't arrive me. Nevertheless it is possible to include this, the required core routines can be merged into the plugin core. Please be patient, but a the moment my free time is limited, because of this I cannot guarantee the availability in the next days/month.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
in the plugin repository and at the first post of this thread you can find the VolumeControl maintenance release v1.0.3.
This version contains cumulative changes and enhancements, skin changes are not required.

Cheers, Micropolis

bloasfist

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Is there a way to use this plugin to change the windows 7 system sound volume only? Because now, this plugin controls the system volume (i've enabled background mode and key control and mapped volume keys to volume actions) while mediaportal controls the application volume simultaneously. The result is that when i increase/decrease the volume using the defined keys for volume+/volume-:
1) the volume control plugin increases/decreases the system sound volume; AND
2) mediaportal increases/decreases the mediaportal application sound volume
I'd like to disable the influence on mediaportal application sound volume, since this is unintended behavior (if you ask me).
Also, since the OSD for volume only shows the mediaportal application sound volume, this is confusing...

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi bloasfist,
VolumeControl is designed to control installed sound hardware devices directly and not using the Windows mixer API.
Because of this, the master device volume can be handled only. Why MediaPortal change the sound volume additionally is beyond my knowledge. In relation to the OSD, you can replace the original properties with VolumeControl properties. For more information about this, please consult the manual and/or take a look into the generic skin file, which can be found in the installer package.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
attached at the first post of this thread and in our plugin repository you can find the major maintenance release v1.1.0 of this plugin, skin changes are not required. If you had install this plugin manually before, it's recommended to remove the plugin libraries before.
Please be aware, that this release only contains generic skin files. To support your preferred skin, please take a look into the appropriate skin thread or search our forum. Finally, I ask for understanding that skin creation can not be done on my part.

Thank you and cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi @azzuro,
I've tried to reproduce the described issue from here (including a normal keyboard and diNovo mini), but without luck.
Could you please give me more information about your personal VolumeControl settings and your sound device/configuration?

Thanks in advance, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
give me some time to reproduce it, if possible. I'll get in touch with you as soon as I first results.

Thanks, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
the maintenance release 1.1.1 of VolumeControl is available now at the first post of this thread and in our plugin repository.
Please be aware, that this version requires minimal skin related changes to support future versions of MediaPortal optimally. For more information, please consult the attached manual.

Hint: Should any problems arise regarding previous versions of MediaPortal and implemented skin changes, I'm asking to delay the installation until the upcoming release candidate.

Best regards and cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom