Wake On Lan (WOL) feature inside MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    The "Enable Wake On Lan" checkbox is disabled when typing in the Media folder / optical disk drive textbox. Even if I write "\\server\videos".

Did you test the 1.7 Pre Release? It was an old issue.

Why do we need both "Enable Wake On Lan" and "Learn MAC addresses now" buttons? Do you need to enable WOL without learning the MAC address? I think a possible problem currently is that a user might enable WOL and click OK without pressing the Learn button which means WOL will not work, right? My suggestion is to replace the "Learn MAC addresses now" button with a label showing the discovered MAC address and automatically run the learn function when the user enables WOL

If you don't use the Learn... button the WOL can work. The MP will learn the MAC address when the server will be accessed.

I will rework this form to learn the MAC on exit if the WOL is enabled.

String id="1991" - "Please wait until the server is waking up" should probably be replaced by something like "Waking up the server. Please wait".

OK.

Offline icons for Titan skin, please

It will be in the 1.7 Pre Release.

There's plenty of space below this text so there's no need to cut the text in half to scroll it horizontically. Or maybe this is a limitation of the dialog that it cannot break lines?

I will check.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    As I remember, this issue was not fixed in 1.6.0.9

Can you check the 1.7 Pre Release from the internal forum?

mhoogenbosch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Utrecht, Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Hello regezter.

Very nice work you have done here.........any plans to migrate some of the nice implementations into the TV-client's WOL feature?

The WOL feature in TV client have several flaws, and only works partially
    • WOL only seems to work when starting MePO - If your disconnected while streaming or doing other things in MePo, TV-server will not wake again unless restarted.
    • The connection dialog boks for re-connecting is very slow, if server cannot be reached! Should be able to reject faster.
      • A "Please wait for WOL/re-connect" dialog box should be displayed - Today the whole GUI just STALL - No way to cancel request
    • In some cases Hostname/IP disappears from Re-connect dialog - An Autoscan feature would fit nice in there.
    /Morten

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Please create a bug report if you have any issue with wol in tvplugin.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Community & @Testers ;)

We have an issue described in JIRA. To resolve it we need to modify the WOL feature and test both fo them.

What we need to test.

TEST 1 (the issue MP1-4400)

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Set up (at least) 2 Music folders, and check 1 as default (let's call that Folder #1).
    2. Strart MP, Enter Music section (you should be in the default Folder #1)
    3. Make sure you use 'Shares View'.
    4. Go up 1 level (...)
    5. Enter Folder #2
    6. Start playback of a song and notice your location (Folder #2)
    7. Hit X on keyboard to jump to NowPlaying
    8. Let the song play for about 5 seconds, then hit ESC to go back (don't stop playback).
    Now, you should be back in Folder #2.

TEST 2

Full test of the WOL feature to avoid any issue with this fix.

The installer is attached in the 1st post: (2014.03.18) Setup-MediaPortal-1.7_Pre_Release.zip

Thanks for advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom