Wake On Lan (WOL) feature inside MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Observations for thought -
    When the MePo client starts, it starts up all mapped network shares, even if I want to watch Live TV - by design? Shouldn't WOL start the network share server only when folder is selected in Videos / Music /etc.

• No. The internal wol function won't send wol command on starting of the client.
    • It won send wol command if you enter my videos / music /pictures.
    • It will send the wol command when you enter a share and the share is on the network and you use unc path.
    If you provide log for me, I can check what was happened.

dvgeek

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2013
    SF Bay Area, California
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @azzuro - Thanks for the patience - I'm not able to reproduce the issue - maybe something weird was going on in my network -:)

If it crops up again - I will capture and post the logs.

@regeszter - Actually the way it works in my setup:
    1. TVServer Machine - Standby, NAS Server - Standby, Client PC - Powered Off
    2. Client PC switched on, MePo 1.6 started, TV Server Machine WakesUp, NAS Server still on standby
    3. On Client PC in MePo - I go to Videos - Message pops up to wait for server wake-up
    4. Server Wakes-Up, Message on screen to wait for Share to be Available
    5. Share is then available once pop-up message goes away
    Thanks again.

Last edited:

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

I merged this branch with MP1-4315-FEAT-Blow_windowplugins_dll_to_separate_plugin_dlls

Please test Setup-MediaPortal-git-1.6.0.9.zip if WOL function is working and any other is broken or not.

Thanks!

dvgeek

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2013
    SF Bay Area, California
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @regeszter - sorry for the long delay in posting an update. Before I start, a quick update on my setup. I have a multi-seat installation. My TV Server has an Argus scheduler (v2.2.1).

On a fresh windows install, I installed MePo 1.6 and the argus client plug-in for MePo. Everything works.
    Then I install the 1.6.0.9 from post #1. As Argus recommends to install their plug in after MePo is installed / upgraded, I install the Argus Client Plug-in again.

I start up MePo configuration and the Argus Client Plug-in refuses to load. Have to take a break - done this too many times and need a fresh look. The cycle is long (Fresh W7 / MePo install / Argus install / MePo Git install / Argus install - try to make it work / back to built Fresh W7)

I will keep on trying various permutations and post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom