Wakeup from standby | Page 4

Discussion in 'Improvement Suggestions' started by Anonymous, July 21, 2004.

1. mama

mama Portal Pro

Sales Manager
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ehm, as I´m an idiot, can someone please explain me, hw I can test it too? I can´t code, I can´t compile and I think I can´t "rebuild the application in VC#.net"! :shock:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, mama. :? :?:

Go to the patch area of SF:
    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1043404&group_id=107397&atid=647927

download and unzip the file wakeupPatch.zip.
    In the bin folder you will find two dll-files
    Copy those files to the MediaPortal folder in a working installation of MP (CVS release 3-10-2004 is preferred but it might work with 0.0.0.10)
    Voila - your system is will start from stand-by/hibernate one minute before a recording is to start.

The building stuff is only needed to change the funtionality of the shutdown button in the MCE-skin - (I didn't manage to make a simple patch for this - 3 o-clock in the morning when my body wanted to hibernate itself)

4. mama

mama Portal Pro

Sales Manager
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    *rofl*

Thanks a lot for this explanation! I hope there will be a setting to change this button in the next release. ;)

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

• do I need to be logged in as admin and setup account with password??
      edit: I tried out, need a password! AND -> it works as well from Hybernate!!! WOW
      @fred :D -->>you are my No2 hero (No1 is frodo,sorry) :wink: you are incredibel! I love you, wow!!!!

so, cause you are really good :wink: do you have any idea for an solution to this feature request? http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1793 please let me know your opinion :wink:

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi mama,

You aren't making fun of my english are you? :wink:

The shutdown button is totally isolated from the wakeup thing so this could easily be changed by frodo (if he wants to). I think an option in the config to choose action for the shutdown button would be great.
    I think the best thing to speed up the implementation would be for people to ask frodo (nicely) for the feature here.

I think this hibernate thing will live as patch for a while though, to sort out exactly what to do. There are other plugins and stuff in MP that could make use of a more general all-purpose-wakeup-scheduler (such as reloading TVguide, MyAlarm, etc).

Also a function to go back to sleep would be nice.

I'm working on it, but time is always the enemy.

7. mama

mama Portal Pro

Sales Manager
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Why should I make fun of your english? Mine is worse than yours. ;)

I already asked for this feature some time ago. I really hope frodo won´t forget it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi mama,

No hard feelings, just curious since my body-hibernate-joke would have made my old english teacher cry, still rolling on the floor though.

9. tomtom21000
    • Premium Supporter

tomtom21000 Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi tomtom,
    i will explain in german and you will translate in english (my english is too bad! sorry)

So in german:
    unter "Systemsteuerung" die "Benutzerkonten" aufrufen und dort deinen Account einfach "mit einem Passwort schützen"!

Na, das war doch einfach, oder :wink:
    Ach so, und ich glaube, es muss "administrator"-Rechte haben, da bin ich mir aber nicht so sicher, ob das wirklich sein MUSS! Als Admin jedenfalls klappt es!
    Einziger Nachteil bis jetzt: Nach der Timeraufnahme ist der Compi irgendwie noch blockiert??? Ich glaube das "Timeshifting" läuft einfach weiter im Hintergrund, so dass der Compi sich nicht wieder schlafen legt! Jedenfalls bleibt ein ständiger Zugriff auf die Festplatte, ebenso wie beim Timeshifting! Überprüfst du das mal bei dir? Es müsste dann wohl von Frodo und Team eine "...und leg dich schlafen nach getaner Arbeit"-Funktion hinzukommen, oder einfach das "AUSGESCHALTETE TIMESHIFTing" wieder als Zustand gesetzt werden!

So jetzt bist du dran in english!
    Gruss
    doit4u

11. mama

mama Portal Pro

Sales Manager
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That´s right, but you also have to set automatic login with i.e. TweakUI. Otherwise you always must klick the login when starting the PC.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!