Wakeup from standby (1 Viewer)

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
Ehm, as I´m an idiot, can someone please explain me, hw I can test it too? I can´t code, I can´t compile and I think I can´t "rebuild the application in VC#.net"! :shock:

A

Anonymous

Hi, mama. :? :?:

Go to the patch area of SF:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1043404&group_id=107397&atid=647927

download and unzip the file wakeupPatch.zip.
In the bin folder you will find two dll-files
Copy those files to the MediaPortal folder in a working installation of MP (CVS release 3-10-2004 is preferred but it might work with 0.0.0.10)
Voila - your system is will start from stand-by/hibernate one minute before a recording is to start.

The building stuff is only needed to change the funtionality of the shutdown button in the MCE-skin - (I didn't manage to make a simple patch for this - 3 o-clock in the morning when my body wanted to hibernate itself)

A

Anonymous

fred said:
Hi, mama. :? :?:

Go to the patch area of SF:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1043404&group_id=107397&atid=647927

download and unzip the file wakeupPatch.zip.
In the bin folder you will find two dll-files
Copy those files to the MediaPortal folder in a working installation of MP (CVS release 3-10-2004 is preferred but it might work with 0.0.0.10)
Voila - your system is will start from stand-by/hibernate one minute before a recording is to start.

The building stuff is only needed to change the funtionality of the shutdow :D button in the MCE-skin - (I didn't manage to make a simple patch for this - 3 o-clock in the morning when my body wanted to hibernate itself)

• do I need to be logged in as admin and setup account with password??
    edit: I tried out, need a password! AND -> it works as well from Hybernate!!! WOW
    @fred :D -->>you are my No2 hero (No1 is frodo,sorry) :wink: you are incredibel! I love you, wow!!!!

so, cause you are really good :wink: do you have any idea for an solution to this feature request? http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1793 please let me know your opinion :wink:

A

Anonymous

Hi mama,

You aren't making fun of my english are you? :wink:

The shutdown button is totally isolated from the wakeup thing so this could easily be changed by frodo (if he wants to). I think an option in the config to choose action for the shutdown button would be great.
I think the best thing to speed up the implementation would be for people to ask frodo (nicely) for the feature here.

I think this hibernate thing will live as patch for a while though, to sort out exactly what to do. There are other plugins and stuff in MP that could make use of a more general all-purpose-wakeup-scheduler (such as reloading TVguide, MyAlarm, etc).

Also a function to go back to sleep would be nice.

I'm working on it, but time is always the enemy.

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
Why should I make fun of your english? Mine is worse than yours. ;)

I already asked for this feature some time ago. I really hope frodo won´t forget it.

A

Anonymous

Hi mama,

No hard feelings, just curious since my body-hibernate-joke would have made my old english teacher cry, still rolling on the floor though.

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    doit4u said:
    do I need to be logged in as admin and setup account with password??
    edit: I tried out, need a password! AND -> it works as well from Hybernate!!! WOW
    [color=blue[/quote]

Please can anybody explain how and where to set up the password? It is needed for EPG automation too.

I have set up my htpc only with a administrator account and so that I do not have to enter a password on start-up. I would prefer to keep it this way.
    Where do I define this needed password and can I automate/save it so it won´t stop for password entry on start-up?

thanks for your help

tomtom21000

A

Anonymous

Hi tomtom,
    i will explain in german and you will translate in english (my english is too bad! sorry)

So in german:
    unter "Systemsteuerung" die "Benutzerkonten" aufrufen und dort deinen Account einfach "mit einem Passwort schützen"!

edit:
    und nicht vergessen unter "Bildschirmschoner" das "Kennworteingabe bei Reaktivierung" zu deaktivieren und den "Ruhezustand" zu aktivieren!
    End edit
    :

Na, das war doch einfach, oder :wink:
    Ach so, und ich glaube, es muss "administrator"-Rechte haben, da bin ich mir aber nicht so sicher, ob das wirklich sein MUSS! Als Admin jedenfalls klappt es!
    Einziger Nachteil bis jetzt: Nach der Timeraufnahme ist der Compi irgendwie noch blockiert??? Ich glaube das "Timeshifting" läuft einfach weiter im Hintergrund, so dass der Compi sich nicht wieder schlafen legt! Jedenfalls bleibt ein ständiger Zugriff auf die Festplatte, ebenso wie beim Timeshifting! Überprüfst du das mal bei dir? Es müsste dann wohl von Frodo und Team eine "...und leg dich schlafen nach getaner Arbeit"-Funktion hinzukommen, oder einfach das "AUSGESCHALTETE TIMESHIFTing" wieder als Zustand gesetzt werden!

So jetzt bist du dran in english!
    Gruss
    doit4u

mama

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    Germany
    That´s right, but you also have to set automatic login with i.e. TweakUI. Otherwise you always must klick the login when starting the PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom