Wakeup from standby (2 Viewers)

A

Anonymous

The password thing:
I've set up my computer with password login but disabled password on resume (power settings near the screensaver settings). My system is in swedish so I don't remember the exact english terms.
This set up works for me.

Playing the dream-on-game, I wish to see MP devided into a backend service and a frontend Gui part.
One nice thing about the backend service is that it wouldn't need logging on to start recording. Since the frontend needs to talk to the backend there will also be a natural interface to hookup other MP-frontend clients - like a webserver (for streaming, etc, etc)

A

Anonymous

fred said:
The password thing:
I've set up my computer with password login but disabled password on resume (power settings near the screensaver settings). My system is in swedish so I don't remember the exact english terms.
This set up works for me.

mama,
as fred explained, this are the only settings you need to work!

fred
exactly the same thing i did and it starts now from hibernation! BUT after the programmed record is done, it seems that there is something still transferring to Harddisk (HD-LED flashing-even timeshift set OFF) (in Task-Manager media-portal.exe with 7-10%). After an manual entry into TV, no more HD-flashing, and only in this case MP goes again in hybernate (now in Task-Manager media-portal.exe with 0%).
Is it MP-Bug or your dll???
Thanks for your great NEW-feature (the "MP-wake-up")!!! You'r really great!

A

Anonymous

@ doti4u
It's no bug neither nobody fault, simply because it's not implemented yet.
By the time (if) this wakeup feature moves from patch to standard it will have the capability to put system back to hibernate/standby.

johnbobjamesson

Portal Pro
June 17, 2004
Crailsheim
fred,

it seems to me that the resume from standby only works for the first scheduled recording. I scheduled some recordings for tonight and it woke up perfectly for the first one. i then set the system into standby after the show by hand and it didn't wake up for the next one. When a "go to standby after x minutes" feature is installed (or a release of the tv card driver which would enable the system itself to go idle) this could prevent recordings of the following shows.

Am I doing sth wrong?

J.

johnbobjamesson

Portal Pro
June 17, 2004
Crailsheim
another thing: after copying your dlls over the 03102004 cvs build, I couldn't start playing recordings from the recordings folder within the TV section anymore. Simply wouldn't start. I'm not sure if that has sth to do with your plugin or if I changed something else I don't remember anymore, so maybe someone else can try and see if it works.

J.

A

Anonymous

Hi johnbob,

First, this function is beta and not fully tested nor part of the MP distribution. Since this is a patch squeezed into excisting code it's not unlikely to generate some sideeffects.

That said.

Yes, you are right about that only the fist recording is triggering the wakeup.
This is a bug - just found out myself.
I don't know yet if I will fix that in the patch, you see I'm currently exploring the possibilities of making this a plugin instead.

As a plugin side effects are less likely, code easier to maintain and so on...

johnbobjamesson

Portal Pro
June 17, 2004
Crailsheim
I know that this is beta and truly didn't want to complain about a bug or two ;-) It's just that I do a real life field test with MP and wanted to "report" flaws I notice. If I could code, I'd do it myself, this way the only way to help and improve things also for me is to report bugs ;-)

This said

I appreciate any work you do on your project, be it patch or plugin. My htpc is running a 1800+, so leaving it running all the time, unattended in a cube is not an option. if I want to heat my living room, I have a radiator, no need to leave the htpc on ;-). You see - I need you patch/plugin to be working.

J.

A

Anonymous

Hi johnbob,

Sorry, I'm not to good with smileys (or english). Actually I want feedback and reports on bugs.
Reading your post I got the impression you where using it "for real" and I was not sure you have read the readme that came with the patch.

So no hard feelings, and let the bug reports and feature requests come.

A

Anonymous

Fred, how are things going with this? Are you going to make this a plugin or is frodo going to incorporate the code once it it more stable?

Don't know if this helps, but I found a page over here: http://gbpvr.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=2909829ddb9a75b76418dd021fc1c729;act=ST;f=2;t=862
which discusses the problem of the capture card being released and some workarounds.

Has anyone tried it version 0.0.0.11? Not had a chance to test it yet.

Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Hi Forbes,

Things are going just fine. I've decided to implement it as a plugin.
My intention is to make the first version of the "PowerSchedulerPlugin" available on SF for testing by the end of this week.

There will be a wakeup feature much like the "wakeup-patch", only a little more stable, I hope :oops: .
New is the inactivity timer that is able to put system back to sleep when it's been on Idle for some minutes.
These features will be user configurable from the plugin section in MPconfig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom