WALL-E Region B BluRay disc playing issues (2 Viewers)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Let's try something :)
    Take my Java zip and extract it to : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_17"
    upload_2016-12-31_12-44-45.png

Then change the env path :
    JAVA_HOME = C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_17

upload_2016-12-31_12-45-45.png

And try, you will run the same JAVA version has me :)

Edit : Java link :
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gm79yxkaebmarri/jdk1.7.0_17.zip?dl=0

Joaquin

Portal Member
    December 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Nope :(.

BTW I use Windows 7 x86 SP1. I see you are using Windows 10 x64.

I don't know if installing a newer Service Pack would solve the problem... or if fresh installing the x64 version of Windows 7 would do the magic!

Joaquin

Portal Member
    December 28, 2013
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    For a couple of days I will be unable to perform more tests on the HTPC. The TV set has stopped working about one hour ago. Nothing related to MediaPortal!!! It seems to be related to a failure of its power supply. It is not a coincidence tonight we have had a power failure in the neighbourhood that also has affected the terrestrial antenna amplifier of my building.

That's a good way to say goodbye to 2016 :).

My best wishes for the upcoming 2017 for you and all the rest of the team.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Joaquin
    Any chance of setting up a temporary version of Windows on a different HDD partition?
    ...or any chance of testing with another PC?
    Just wondering if the issue could be specific to Windows 7 or the hardware of the PC you're testing.

chris123

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I am seeing the same / similar problems with my Bluray discs - UP, Despicable Me and Glee Season 4. Main issues are the 'interlaced lines instead of menu text and intermittent interlaced lines during playback of the movie. I have Java version 8 Update 112 installed.

Taking UP as an example

1. With LAV filters 0.69.0 and EVR, I start the disc. When it gets to language selection I get the options on a black background. I select 'English' then when I get to the main menu I get the 'interlaced lines' instead of the menu options. As per attached image lines.jpg and log files LAV_EVR_*

2. With LAV filters 0.69.0 and MadVR, I start the disc. When it gets to language selection I get the options on a picture background together. I select 'English' then when I get to the main menu I get the 'interlaced lines' instead of the menu options. Subsequent attempts to run with this config have been unsuccessful - the disc keeps stopping before it gets to the menu, so no complete log files - the log files I have are as per LAV_MADVR_*.

3. With FFDShow filters or Microsoft DTV-DVD I start the disc. When it gets to language selection I get the options then after a slight delay a picture background. I select 'English' and the disc does not go any further. See log files FFD_EVR_*

4. With the VLC nightly build linked on the last page (starting position set to 'Title 1') it goes straight to the main menu which works correctly as per VLC_Title_1.jpg

5. With the VLC nightly build linked on the last page (starting position set to 'Title 0', the default) it goes straight to a still from the film and stops as per VLC_Title_0.jpg

I can see some exceptions in the BD_java log files - happy to try any suggestions to diagnose /resolve? I assume that as VLC works that my java version and installation is ok?

Cheers

Chris

Attachments

• VLC_Title_0.jpg
      VLC_Title_0.jpg
      1.7 MB
    • VLC_Title_1.jpg
      VLC_Title_1.jpg
      1.6 MB
    • lines.jpg
      lines.jpg
      1.7 MB

chris123

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2008
    Home Country
    I have done a bit more testing:

1. I have downloaded the old Java from Sebastiii's link and set it up with the 'JAVA_HOME environment variable - it made no difference, identical issue, still the 'interlaced lines' instead of menu text.

2. I have a laptop with Windows 10 but no bluray drive and not much disc space, so I thought I would try stripping out the files using Process Monitor to identify them as described earlier in this thread - I am guessing I have missed something as the 'mini file set' does not run properly? I get prompted to select the Menu or a Title, then a black screen. If I press right arrow to advance it goes straight to the bluray root menu background but with no menu (no text and no interlaced lines)? I did notice some errors in the process monitor log file, eg:

"20:51:05.1132210","MediaPortal.exe","5892","CreateFile","G:\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO","PATH NOT FOUND","Desired Access: Read Attributes, Disposition: Open, Options: Open Reparse Point, Attributes: n/a, ShareMode: Read, Write, Delete, AllocationSize: n/a"

Not sure if these might be relevant? I have attached the log files from this test - no BD_DEBUG log was created?

Cheers

Chris

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks for your reports :)
    It's maybe related to bdreader engine and will be hard to fix :( need a good D3D dev for it and ofc need to be reproducable.

I remember that something about vertex has been done on MP2 side maybe i can try it for bdreader and seeing what's happening :)

chris123

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks Sebastiii

I managed to get a reduced size fileset to play on my 'TV' computer, with the same results as the full disc (interlaced lines etc). Tried to play it on my old laptop but just got an error (Unable to play: index Video codec: AVC), so I think I need to bite the bullet and try and install dual boot Windows 10 on my TV computer.

Happy to carry out any tests / dev software / etc to help with diagnosis and resolution

Cheers

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom